Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

I agree with Killer Robot. I thought for sure that Battle Frontier would wind up an "enemy" before the end of the series because of how menacing it looked. The all dark colour scheme, with the blood red bridge dome. But beyond the colours, it looks a lot like Battle 7. Presentation goes a long way.

Most of the differences between Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy seem to be in the upper body, with Battle Galaxy having a different head, forward flight deck(arms), shoulders and those fins at the back.

In any case, both look way more menacing than Battle 7 - what with it's blue on white colour scheme (Max's colours?) and big red M on it's torso (makes it look like an old school super robot). Off course, the fact that individually, both have more guns than Battle 7 does help.

In any case, both look way more menacing than Battle 7 - what with it's blue on white colour scheme (Max's colours?) and big red M on it's torso (makes it look like an old school super robot). Off course, the fact that individually, both have more guns than Battle 7 does help.

I guess its styled after the original sdfm sdf-1 which was also blue-white. That macdonalds sign on its front looks weird though.

I think it's mostly the red. Battle Frontier looked really menacing too, in a way that Battle 7 never did. Then again, Battle 7 just looked like it wanted to dance.

post-10235-1224985702_thumb.jpg

:lol: that's great.

I always' thought that Battle 7 looked rather clown like. the more menacing look of the newer NMC's make them more badass. I do find the Galaxy scarier looking than the frontier (Purple+more pointy bits=pure evil)

I'm curious as to why the Galaxy has 2 points to the front of each arm flight deck instead of 1 as on all the other NMC's. though I wonder why any of the flight decks have long extended points like that in the first place.

Well it weird as it has Virgin Road colors. (Max and Millia's wedding Valkyrie)

The Big M likely refers to Macross.

When Millia got word that Max was chose the colours for Battle 7, she got mad and had the paintes paint the M red. :lol:

I'm curious as to why the Galaxy has 2 points to the front of each arm flight deck instead of 1 as on all the other NMC's. though I wonder why any of the flight decks have long extended points like that in the first place.

Stealth considerations, in other words, avoiding presenting any flat surfaces from the front.

Edited by d3v

I'd love to see Battle 7 redone in higher quality presentation. Darken the colours a bit, replace the big red "M" with the old U.N. Spacey emblem. Give it the DYRL treatment. As others pointed out, the original TV version Macross has the same colours. Primarily blue and white, with red and yellow highlights.

Just imagine a set of Revoltech Battle Frontier and Revoltech Battle Galaxy.... :wub:

Urghhhh!.....shudders. No, thanks. They would look hideous IMO, with those big ugly RevoltingTM ball joints and cheap rubbery PVC construction.

Now a WAVE WHAM or Yamato GN-U Frontier and Galaxy I could seriously go for.

Graham

(Certified Revoltech hater)

I think it's mostly the red. Battle Frontier looked really menacing too, in a way that Battle 7 never did. Then again, Battle 7 just looked like it wanted to dance.

post-10235-1224985702_thumb.jpg

After Alto's VF-25 victory pose, Max's Battle 7 victory pose. :ph34r:

Edited by Macross007

Couple of notes from DVD/Blu-ray vol. 3:

-The Dulfim and its fellow orange ships are aircraft carriers.

-Kaitos is a Deneb-class battleship.

So Dulfim are equivalent to Uraga carriers and Kaitos to NorthHamptons. Any information on the VF series on board the Dulfim class?

From the MF novel it says VF-9 VF-14 VF-17&VA-3

really? wasn't the VF-14 out of service by Mac7?

I can see the VA-3, and maybe the VF-171 instead of the regular 17, but the VF-9 and VF-14 seem a bit dated.

really? wasn't the VF-14 out of service by Mac7?

I can see the VA-3, and maybe the VF-171 instead of the regular 17, but the VF-9 and VF-14 seem a bit dated.

Well we don't know even which VF-14 it is.

The one flown by Max in M3 or the Varauta VF-14.

The VF-17 I can understand since in 2048 Macross 7 switched to the VF-17 as the mainline fighter replacing the VF-11.

Besides the VF-17 is better than the cheaper VF-171.

Well we don't know even which VF-14 it is.

The one flown by Max in M3 or the Varauta VF-14.

The VF-17 I can understand since in 2048 Macross 7 switched to the VF-17 as the mainline fighter replacing the VF-11.

Besides the VF-17 is better than the cheaper VF-171.

the Fz-109 was based on the VF-14, but it's not really a variant. and a NUNS fleet isn't going to have any of them since they were developed by the Varauta after the protodeviln had taken over.

I guess VF-17's would be plausible, though I'm more inclined to believe that Galaxy feet's air wing is composed entirely of VF-27's and V-9's

Cyborg pilots and remote controlled fighters controlled by people plugged into a nth generation internet? Definitely sounds like Macross Galaxy.

(...) that Galaxy feet's air wing is composed entirely of VF-27's and V-9's

Cyborg pilots and remote controlled fighters controlled by people plugged into a nth generation internet? Definitely sounds like Macross Galaxy.

I am more inclined to agree with Sketchley here. If they had the older gen fighters they would have used them in the finale...

If the Varauta Fz-109 Elgerzorene is any indication, the VF-14 was quite advanced and had performance comparable to the VF-17 Nightmare.

well, Fz-109 is supposed to be heavily modified, and upgraded with the Varauta's own tech, so the performance of the Fz-109 is more than likely going to be drastically better than that of the VF-14.

The Varauta variable fighters are definitely based off the VF-14, but you can't upgrade something into a new fighter generation, so the VF-14s had to be high performing to begin with. Even an upgraded variant based upon the VF-14 could only go so far. The VF-14 at least had to be a better performer than the newer VF-11 in order for the Varauta to upgrade it to VF-17 levels of performance. For all their vaunted powers, the Varauta never came across as significantly advanced to the UN Spacy. They couldn't even build super beam guns and were totally taken aback by the attack of the Battle 7.