X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

nice pic. damn why only so few marvel characters in marvel movies get full costumes? if designed right they would be cool. i'd love to see wolverine in a dark ninja influenced wolverine costume with or without the horns or whatever they are called on his mask.

Very, very few comic costumes come across as looking decent in a live action movie. Going from one medium to another is the problem, especially a costume with intricate and abnormal designs. Two great examples I've seen come off right is Batman and Superman. Batman because it's been done so much for decades and has been relentlessly tweaked for the era. Superman since it's really quite simple in implementation.

Can you imagine the recent X-Men movies if they tried implementing the comic costumes for the heroes and villains?

I haven't read Marvel comics since the early 90s ... wasn't there some guy named Maverick (who looked like Cable in full futuristic armour) related to the Weapon X project??? Is he in the movie?? I always wanted a Marvel Legends figure of him.

**EDIT - Nevermind, just read his wikipedia entry.

Edited by Vermillion21

"What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" B))

**shudder**

Hey, is that hair sticking out of there?

If an entire cast of spandex-clad actors isn't scary enough, imagine the colors if they were 100% faithful to comics? Every superhero group would look like a Rainbow factory.

As for Wolverine, a couple more "bubs" would fit just nicely.

Edited by Warmaker

I haven't read Marvel comics since the early 90s ... wasn't there some guy named Maverick (who looked like Cable in full futuristic armour) related to the Weapon X project??? Is he in the movie?? I always wanted a Marvel Legends figure of him.

**EDIT - Nevermind, just read his wikipedia entry.

Yep though I believe he goes by his new comic identity Agent X in the film. I just want to see Deadpool

at first when i saw the watchmen trailer i thought something like night owl's costume with some changes to make it look tougher, a wolverine mask, and no cape could make an interesting wolverine brown costume.

post-2880-1232822157_thumb.jpg

I think I'm all X-mened out. I can't for the life of me get excited by this film. I didn't care for the 3rd one either so perhaps it isn't a surprise. Though the same thing happen with the 3rd Spider-man film. I don't think I've seen the whole thing. The ending and beginning but not the middle. The parts I did see weren't in an entire sitting either. Yet I really want to see a 3rd Fantastic Four film (really enjoyed the first two) and another Ghost Rider but I doubt they'll be made.

at first when i saw the watchmen trailer i thought something like night owl's costume with some changes to make it look tougher, a wolverine mask, and no cape could make an interesting wolverine brown costume.

I think a lot of us were thinking of the form fitting spandex/lycra type suit when you wrote you would like to see movie wolverine in full costume. But yeah, if they go for the 'armor' route like in that picture and in the Dark Knight, it could work. Though, imo, they'd have to tone down the side flares on the cowl quite a bit. It works in the comics because they draw wolverine impossibly wide (and tall for that matter in complete make believe proportions for a dude who is supposed to be 5'3") but a on real person I think it would just make the head look way too wide.

I like the conceit of the 'brother's' angle. I think it'd work pretty well in the movie for the general moviegoer, using just enough of the Origin storyarc, most likely making Dog into Sabertooth. It's certainly worlds better back story than both the whole "descended from wolves"/Romulus crapfest they're writing now

I like the conceit of the 'brother's' angle. I think it'd work pretty well in the movie for the general moviegoer, using just enough of the Origin storyarc, most likely making Dog into Sabertooth. It's certainly worlds better back story than both the whole "descended from wolves"/Romulus crapfest they're writing now

I don't know if the current 616 origin is better or worse than the Ultimate one where James was subjected to some super soldier serum that spawned the mutants... Oh well, for years fans wanted a wolverine origin story, now we got one (two) and it sucks. :lol:

• 1 month later...

From the people I know that downloaded the unfinished copy said it was good, or at least entertaining. Unfortunately they completely raped the Deadpool character and is more like Amazo from DC or whatever his name is.

I thought it was fantastic. You pretty much get Logan's entire backstory with plenty of appearances from familiar characters. The actor playing Striker should've been made to eventually resemble his X2 counterpart. Gambit's long-awaited debut didn't disappoint.

I'm not very familiar with Deadpool. I know he was the guy in the red & black costume created by Liefield. Apparently other Marvel artists and writers eventually ran with the character and now he has a following. I would've gone a different way with his appearance, but in the movie universe, he accomplished what the writers set out to do...in spades.

Deadpool is a guy who because of the Weapon X program gains a healing factor like Wolverine, and Sabertooth. He had cancer the the healing factor cured him but at the same time made him insane. So now he is basically a bad ass mercenary who runs his mouth the entire time and breaks the 4th wall in the comics.

If you want to know what his character is like it was basically Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity. He runs his mouth constantly no matter the consequence but is a master of various guns and weapons. I was looking forward to Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds in the red suit talking trash to Wolverine. Oh well, I guess with all the characters in the film it's not so bad only one is incredibly wrong. Unfortunately they chose my favorite character to screw up.

Deadpool is a guy who because of the Weapon X program gains a healing factor like Wolverine, and Sabertooth. He had cancer the the healing factor cured him but at the same time made him insane. So now he is basically a bad ass mercenary who runs his mouth the entire time and breaks the 4th wall in the comics.

If you want to know what his character is like it was basically Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity. He runs his mouth constantly no matter the consequence but is a master of various guns and weapons. I was looking forward to Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds in the red suit talking trash to Wolverine. Oh well, I guess with all the characters in the film it's not so bad only one is incredibly wrong. Unfortunately they chose my favorite character to screw up.

So is the scared version (trailer) of Deadpool post infusion/Cancer free Deadpool?