X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

yeah, he runs around with adamantium for a while then apocolypse yanks it out to give to wolverine to turn him into a horseman. He apparantly never got it back, since Wolverine cut off his arm and head with his super-duper-magic-katana.

He also apparantly got an upgrade to his healing factor when he got the adamantium or adamantium does the opposite in sabertooth and enhances his healing factor... it actually continuously poisons Wolverine and supposedly Wolverine is the "only" person in the Marvel Universe who can compensate the harmful effects.

Ultimate Sabertooth also has an adamantium skeleton and claws (4 on each hand) though one of those claws appears broken. It's implied that his claws are artificial since Wolverine makes a joke about Sabertooth getting upgrades and being a poor man's version of himself.

X-23, wolverine's clone/daughter also has adamantium claws, but only claws, her skeleton is not laced.

Cool! super-duper-magical katana for the win! :p Thanks so much for the info.

yup, peter made a deal with mephisto to save aunt may's life at the cost of changing history so that peter and MJ never got together. Harry Osborn is somehow back alive as a result as well.

Peter's powers also got retconned. The spider that bit him was some sort of "token" that imbues certain people with power or some crap and the radiation was actually killing spider. And then peter died and somehow more fully merged with his spider-self and now he has organic web shooters.

wait, the powers thing got re-retconned (unconned, reconned?) when he did that history changing deal with mephisto.

The spider totem thing was JMS's idea, I myself personally told him it was weird. (I worked as a CSR for a company he happens to deal with and happened to answer his call one day... it was weird I won't tell you what company though)

Anyway the main reason for changing the history was actually to make spider-man's identity a secret again (it became public knowledge after the Civil War).

Also Norman's come back a few times... so why not Harry? Besides Mephisto can do that I guess he probably has Harry's soul.

ugh, don't bring up sabertooth, he's even more messed up then wolverine, and the worst part about him, is a lot of his power ups and power downs aren't even explained. HE just shows up and has super strength in one issue and then next time he shows up, he doesn't. Same with the metal.

Heh I remember that... when he had Adamantium Shadowcat figured it out cause it hurt to ghost through him (the only thing shadowcat has trouble phasing through is adamantium cause it's super dense) so she warns Wolverine... but they never explained where he got it from. (at least they acknowledged that it was new).

Hahaha, that's awesome that you told him it was wierd.

ever since ultimate spiderman, I really stopped caring about the 616 spiderman... even so, I was actually, on the whole, happy with JMS' run on spiderman. Sure it was wierd but it was interesting... but this latest retcon is just a fancy version of "and it was all just a dream!". It's just lazy writing, they got themselves to a point where they actually needed to mature the character of spiderman and live with the consequences... but instead they just decided to hit the big'ol reset switch and undo all the stuff that actually made the character mature and grow over the last few decades.

I really wish that marvel just ends the main continuity and just concentrates on the ultimate universe. Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, the Hulk... Thor... all the main heroes are so completely messed up and their stories so convoluted, it's just time to clean up the mess and move on.

See, I disagree with u a little there. Spider-man is bad right now, yes. Though the stories being told arent bad themselves, its the lack of MJ that makes the whole scenario ridiculous.

Captain America has been one of the best titles on the stands since Ed Bruebaker took over. Hell, thoey brought back Bucky and it DIDN'T suck. Then they killed Cap and Bucky replaced him....and it ALSO didn't suck! Its all actually been....fun! And interesting!

And Thor has been kick ass since the relaunch! JMS has finally found the comic series for him; His FF and Spidey wer eok but had bad moments. But Thor is a great read right now!

Heck even Hulk has been kind of fun.....and planet Hulk was cool.

lack of MJ? mary jane? how so? interesting. Comic series you mean right? i still haven't seen the last 2 spidey movies, cept for the end where Sandmn floats away almost ready to say "..thankyou for believeing!..." ala PeterPan[Hook] ending LOL!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

See, I disagree with u a little there. Spider-man is bad right now, yes. Though the stories being told arent bad themselves, its the lack of MJ that makes the whole scenario ridiculous.

Captain America has been one of the best titles on the stands since Ed Bruebaker took over. Hell, thoey brought back Bucky and it DIDN'T suck. Then they killed Cap and Bucky replaced him....and it ALSO didn't suck! Its all actually been....fun! And interesting!

And Thor has been kick ass since the relaunch! JMS has finally found the comic series for him; His FF and Spidey wer eok but had bad moments. But Thor is a great read right now!

Heck even Hulk has been kind of fun.....and planet Hulk was cool.

It's not a matter of whether these stories are interesting now for me, the question for me is how dense, how convoluted has the stories become? Marvel continues to make story decisions based on how "shocking" they will be, instead of letting them grow organicaly out of the character... which for the most part, is how it was in the Ultimate Universe.

Like, bringing bucky back, it's interesting, sure... but it's such a huge retcon. i mean, winter soldier was actually responsible for some of the huge key moments in the marvel universe all along? That's just ridiculous, it wasn't even hinted at.. I mean, just that character's impact on Wolverine alone is enough to groan at.

Agreed. Brubaker took what everyone thought would suck(me included) and made it work, and it worked damn well. Brubaker took a shi^&8tty idea and turned it into gold, there aren't many writers that can do that.

As for Ultimates, vol3 sucks and Loeb is hinting at merging the Ultimates into 616. Good riddens, his Ultimates vol3 feels more 616 than Ultimates, Ultimates should have ended with Millar's vol2.

The main Wolverine book has been alright, the Origins book however, I stopped reading that one once Way brought in Daken, son of Wolverine. Daken sucks. He is basically Emo-rine mad about being shunned from his adopted family. He looks like that bounty hunter with a lawn dart in her head from Star Wars and X-23's long lost triplet brother. Origins was great until Daken was introduced.

Who is the chick with wolverine-esque claws that i see on x-men covers? Any relations to... lol "jamie"?

x-23, she's logan's artificial daughter. People tried to clone wolverine but that didn't work out, one of the scientists decided to combine wolverine's DNA with her own and now we have x-23. She has two claws per hand and one per foot. The claws were coated in adamantium but her skeleton is not.

She was programmed to kill using Wolverine's scent, and eventually they had a big fight, well, x-23 tried to kill him and wolverine tried to talk to her. Something something, now she's an x-man and she's on wolverine's x-force or whichever group he's in charge of.

Ahh cool, i figured she would be the new up-n-coming wolverine replacement whilst he was rediscovering his roots (again and again) elsewhere.

You are a massive wealth of knowledge eugimon, thanks again. :)

I go with my son to the borders quite frequently so while he looks at his picture books, i look at mine :p

• 4 months later...

Maybe it's just my inability to suspend disbelief, but Hugh Jackman with blades coming out of his hands always looks so...."fake" to me. Whatever, I'll be sure to watch this movie...

i think sabertooth looks good. reminds me of the ultimate one. i am sure he does get feral but during those times early on in their relationship they are friends and to be friends he can't be too insane yet, it will just come over time. i just want to see deadpool in costume not the same shoot they have been showing.

i think sabertooth looks good. reminds me of the ultimate one. i am sure he does get feral but during those times early on in their relationship they are friends and to be friends he can't be too insane yet, it will just come over time. i just want to see deadpool in costume not the same shoot they have been showing.

yeah, sabertooth doesnt start off feral. In the comics both he and wolverine were black ops/special ops. Even when creed becomes sabertooth he's usually portrayed as cunning, manipulative and psychotic rather than feral... which up until recently really the domain of wildchild.

X-Men:Origins Wolverine 3-3/4" Comic Figures

These were unveiled recently. The Marvel Universe line has the current X-Force Wolverine, while the comic segment of the Wolverine:Origins line has most of the classic costumes already in the first waves. I like this approach since it does not take away space for other characters in the Marvel Universe line by clogging it with versions of Wolverine, now he has his own dedicated line.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

X-Men:Origins Wolverine 3-3/4" Comic Figures

These were unveiled recently. The Marvel Universe line has the current X-Force Wolverine, while the comic segment of the Wolverine:Origins line has most of the classic costumes already in the first waves. I like this approach since it does not take away space for other characters in the Marvel Universe line by clogging it with versions of Wolverine, now he has his own dedicated line.

Hmm that deadpool is based off the cable/deadpool costume which is my favorite version. I wonder if that's the one in the movie, I saw the trailer in crappy quality on youtube, and I don't think they showed costumed deadpool.

Hmm that deadpool is based off the cable/deadpool costume which is my favorite version. I wonder if that's the one in the movie, I saw the trailer in crappy quality on youtube, and I don't think they showed costumed deadpool.

Seems like the 3-3/4" scale line will have two segments:

-movie

-comic

as the packing on the ones shown denotes "comic version". I'm not sure what Deadpool will look like in the movie, when I saw the trailer from SDCC on youtube, he had a sleeveless shirt, regular face and no mask.

• 5 weeks later...