Poll: Is your v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?

miriya

Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S broken or perfect?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Broken or Perfect? Lets see the numbers.

• Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!
    • Mine is Broken! Thanks for nothing!
    • Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints.

Mine is perfect, but being used to the 1/48s so long, I wasn't thinking when I was positioning the shoulders. I almost broke the arm off thinking the arm pivots from the shoulder armor. Good thing I looked at the joint at the last minute and saw that it's actually different.

No man you can't. In fact i would ignore the broken votes alltogether except for those who have spoken about it. The 'idiots" that don't speak or own up to the broken votes don't belong in this forum.

Really!

PEOPLE!

IF YOU VOTE BROKEN AT LEAST POST WHAT IS BROKEN!!!

THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR!!!

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO VOTED BROKEN BUT DID NOT POST WITH AN EXPLANATION WILL BE CONSIDERED A FALSE VOTE (by most of us).

FROM NOW ON A VOTE FOR BROKEN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN EXPLANATION OR IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A TRUE VOTE.

Many of us are suspecting false voters here and anyone who has voted falsely is really doing the community a disservice. We are Macross fans so lets use these forums to help eachother out. If anyone has voted falsely please come clean. At least PM a moderator if you dont want it to go public and they can change the count.

Thank you.

</Rant>

Yup. Its official that those votes are seeming to be just BS and people playing with the voting system. If its broken please tell us so we could prevent ourselves from making the same mistakes. Either way I'm happy with my rock of a VF-1S so I'll continue to buy some from this line. B))

Really!

PEOPLE!

IF YOU VOTE BROKEN AT LEAST POST WHAT IS BROKEN!!!

THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR!!!

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO VOTED BROKEN BUT DID NOT POST WITH AN EXPLANATION WILL BE CONSIDERED A FALSE VOTE (by most of us).

FROM NOW ON A VOTE FOR BROKEN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN EXPLANATION OR IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A TRUE VOTE.

Many of us are suspecting false voters here and anyone who has voted falsely is really doing the community a disservice. We are Macross fans so lets use these forums to help eachother out. If anyone has voted falsely please come clean. At least PM a moderator if you dont want it to go public and they can change the count.

Thank you.

</Rant>

...and a picture of what part is breaking would be handy. If possible also show us what is being damaged.

Hi,

Does anyone know if Graham posted a transformation video like he did with the other valks earlier? Thx

No Ivan, he hasn't posted a transformation video in a long time and I wouldn't look for one anytime soon I'm afraid. :-\

You know, I wish we could see who these douche nozzles are that have been voting "broken"...and ban their asses. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

just got mine today :D what a toy ................just cool :rolleyes: not broken

can't wait for a new VF1J max and millia color :wacko: :wacko:

and the size between the 19 is crazy :24 cm for VF1 and 34 for 19 in figther mode :blink:

it's my first VF1 1/60 and I used a scale 1 / 48. it's a shock :rolleyes:

the best toy of YAMATO.

Man. It's nice having a Valk with a head and zero arthritis in the hips.

Agreed, I'm also assuming that most of the broken votes are fake.

Mine broke and I whined like a baby about it the whole next day. ("No more Yammies! Never again!!!!"- Yeah, that lasted about a day. God i'm a drama queen)

Who wouldn't bitch about it if they'd spent THAT much cash.

true that. would it be ok to have those non-responding "broken" votes removed so as to make the tally more realistic? I agree with the others that if these votes were true, then we should've heard some bitching from these voters by now. It seems those fake voters have never seen a poll before, I pity their existence.

true that. would it be ok to have those non-responding "broken" votes removed so as to make the tally more realistic? I agree with the others that if these votes were true, then we should've heard some bitching from these voters by now. It seems those fake voters have never seen a poll before, I pity their existence.

Good idea. And if those voters get miffed then it might just force them to get of their asses and give us an explanation or two. Assuming they are genuine.

1_60_valkyrie_1_S3.jpg

Greeting from Taipei! 65.gif

This evening I picked up the 1/60 VF-1S with Super & Strike Parts at a local toyshop, and I've just transformed it from fighter to battroid mode as well as attached the Super & Strike parts. Fortunately, I didn't find anything broken. I was going to select on this poll "Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!"; however, I don't want to thank Yamato. I mean, they've earned enough of my money reselling the same toy to me multiple times - including this VF-1S release. Anyway, the best poll option for me to select would be "Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints." Basically, I have three complaints. The first is where factory workers nipped parts off the sprue but then cut off too much and made scratches or hollow depressions on the plastic. These aren't too noticeable unless one really looks closely. The second is the quality of the plastic is much softer than the kind used on the 1/48 Valkyrie. Try attaching and detaching the wing missiles and you'll understand what I mean. Lastly, transforming this smaller Valkyirie is complicated, and I don't like how several pieces can come off, namely the head. Otherwise, I like the look of this new Valkyrie.

Zentraedi Baby

1_60_valkyrie_1_S2.jpg

I'm very happy to report that my VF-1S fastpack is absolutely purrrrfect!!! The transformation is quite easy, and the look is off the hook. I am definitely on board with this new set of VF-1s. Just when I thought I was done with these. Yamato has done well with this incarnation of the VF-1S.

greetings from malaysia! i have just bought mine and transformed it to all 3 modes with no problems at all. its absolutely perfect, but in no way a replacement for the 1/48... but this discussion belongs to another thread. thumbs up!

Another Perfect vote here! Just one minor complaint though.

Man, that new QC guy must've been briefed very thoroughly about the floppiness of the VF-0 series, because this new valk is freakin tight, and I don't mean that in the slang term for cool.

I can imagine the QC guy giving a talk to the factory heads: "Okay, we've got a million complaints about how loose and floppy the VF-0 toy is. I don't want anymore of that you hear? I want this new valk to be tighter than a sheep's @$$! No, TIGHTER. You've got to realize you're working for Japan Inc. now! You ain't making Taiwan knock-offs here! You all ain't getting PAID until you make this new bird solid as a rock!"

Those poor Chinese workers must've been scared outta their pants because all the joints on this valk literally is TIGHT as hell. So tight, that I cringed each time I tried to move a joint or lock/unlock something into place.

Fortunately for me, I've gotten through battroid mode without anything breaking. No cracked shoulders and crotch hinges.

Let me re-emphasize though that the crotch area is a MAJOR pain in the @$$ to get right every time. Make sure you get the angle of the hip bar JUST RIGHT, or you'll be cursing left and right trying to figure out how to get that thing into the fuselage area and out again. Friendly advice.

All in all though, the v.2 1/60 is light years ahead of the VF-0, in all aspects but design (but that one's because of Kawamori himself, not Yamato) . Good work Yamato! You've made a believer out of me with this one!

All in all though, the v.2 1/60 is light years ahead of the VF-0, in all aspects but design

my sentiments exactly hahaha vf-0 looks so much more advanced than the vf-1

but i wouldnt blame anyone for that... vf-1 has been around since 1980s... and the vf-0 has done nothing less but look beautiful in all 3 modes.

even my mama says: "you said vf-0 is the predecessor to the vf-1??? please go check your stories before you come home tell your mama" T_T

1_60_valkyrie_1_S3.jpg

Greeting from Taipei! 65.gif

This evening I picked up the 1/60 VF-1S with Super & Strike Parts at a local toyshop, and I've just transformed it from fighter to battroid mode as well as attached the Super & Strike parts. Fortunately, I didn't find anything broken. I was going to select on this poll "Mine is Perfect! Thank you Yamato!"; however, I don't want to thank Yamato. I mean, they've earned enough of my money reselling the same toy to me multiple times - including this VF-1S release. Anyway, the best poll option for me to select would be "Mine is not broken or perfect but I have complaints." Basically, I have three complaints. The first is where factory workers nipped parts off the sprue but then cut off too much and made scratches or hollow depressions on the plastic. These aren't too noticeable unless one really looks closely. The second is the quality of the plastic is much softer than the kind used on the 1/48 Valkyrie. Try attaching and detaching the wing missiles and you'll understand what I mean. Lastly, transforming this smaller Valkyirie is complicated, and I don't like how several pieces can come off, namely the head. Otherwise, I like the look of this new Valkyrie.

Zentraedi Baby

1_60_valkyrie_1_S2.jpg

erm...zentradi baby has 4 fingers?

I voted for "mine is perfect" but after several transformations I have some comments..

Indeed, the tightness of the valk is nice but it doesn't help the shoulder hinge. As everybody has said, it's better to hold the hinge when moving the arm... still, it's not always possible especially when transforming it back to fighter.

Other than that, I had to do the same "hand tightening" process that the 1/48 needs because my valk suffered from a limp wrist.

Anyway, I really like this Valk ^_^

my sentiments exactly hahaha vf-0 looks so much more advanced than the vf-1

but i wouldnt blame anyone for that... vf-1 has been around since 1980s... and the vf-0 has done nothing less but look beautiful in all 3 modes.

even my mama says: "you said vf-0 is the predecessor to the vf-1??? please go check your stories before you come home tell your mama" T_T

I always look at it like an iPod vs an MD walkman. The MD looks busier but the more recent iPod is sleeker and more plain.

I finally got to open this beauty last night and really enjoyed the transformation. In many ways, I prefer this little guy to his big 1/48 brothers. The adjusted nose cone in battroid is particularly nice, as are the loads of tampo printing and new joints. I think I actually may be putting a bunch of 1/48s up in the For Sale section soon. :ph34r: And my old V1 1/60s are history. Well, they will be soon.

Here's the thing, though... I'm not sure if I should vote "broken" or not in this poll. :blink: After playing around with the VF-1S for awhile last night, I went to put him on my shelf when I noticed a tiny little piece of white plastic lying beside him. I panicked, of course, and quickly gave him a thorough look over. It looks like a little tab or something, about the size and general shape of the tip of the battroid's trigger finger. This little piece is stressed at one end, and it doesn't look like a clean break. But here's the thing: I can't figure out where it goes! I haven't tried transforming him back to fighter yet, but everything looks fine from what I can see. Could this possibly just be a loose piece of plastic from the factory that took a ride to my house, or am I going to be really upset when some important tab is missing for transformation later? :( I'm almost to afraid to find out... :unsure: