Macross Frontier Episode 15 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 15 rating  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 15 poll

• Positive (After that last episode, I need a cigarette)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (ZZZZZZZ....Are we done?)

surprisingly, the people watching the stream live, mostly voted for the negative comment on this episode since they were just seeing the first half, turns out the seccond half was kinda nice :)

voted positive here... the episode had a wealth of new information, the clipshow part had a lot of new footage mixed in as well... all in all we got what I expected, in the forms of a much slower than last episode (really, something'd break if they just keept going at that pace).. and I must say my impressions of this episode was higher than the last 'slow-down-after-biggest-battle-yet-episode' that was episode 8... All in all I was very entertained

^_^

As did, SDF:M ... but I believe its been known for a while now that they would be changing it.

Unless the series is going to make a dramatic change in direction, I can't see the point in changing it. The Macross TV series usually keeps the same openings and changes the endings, besides I like the Macross F opening. B))

Unless the series is going to make a dramatic change in direction, I can't see the point in changing it. The Macross TV series usually keeps the same openings and changes the endings, besides I like the Macross F opening. B))

Oh, I like Trianguler as well. The reason to change the opening wouldn't be because of something in the show, but rather to promote the new song. It's been called the new op already, so it's only a matter of time, I think.

Where are my horrible raws?

I need my FIX man!

Same here. I kept checking until I had to leave home.

I also need my Japanese ads fix as well...

Well I'm here now which means I won't be able to check anything out for quite a while. Kei's subs would probably be out by the time I get back.

Loved it. Yes it was a clip show, but they explained a lot of the plot thus far as well as gave us a peek on what to expect in future episodes.

From what I can see,

it really smells like a conspiracy by the folks on Galaxy

Japanese is rusty; will have to wait for a sub.

And I really wondered how Ranka's version of "What 'bout my star?" on OST1 would fit in; I always thought it was taken from a collaborative concert. Guess I was wrong. Alto's one lucky $%#$%@#.

Was that Brera on the cover of that idol magazine that Sheryl was reading?

Does that mean he's going to start singing now? :rolleyes:

...and Grace was being kind of a b*tch, suggesting to cancel Sheryl's shows while intentionally reminding her that Ranka's becoming more and more popular. <_<

Edited by mochi

I was a bit disappointed at first but like most people I ended up thinking it was a good episode. We do need a slower pace after the last 3 episodes.

I enjoyed the back half more like most people and I thought the sign off was funny, at first I thought it seemed like something of a dream sequence, I kept expecting the scene to pan out showing it was only happening in a Sheryl thought bubble, but it seems to have actually be happening. Which makes me wonder where was all the instrumentation coming from? Perhaps from the song still playing on the HoloTV?

When I saw Grace is becoming Ranka's manager I groaned, I don't want Grace's evil to hurt Ranka. It is for the plot. At least Ranka and Brera will be able to get to know each other since he is her bodyguard.

I had a feeling Brila was a Zentran, but I didn't expect him to be a model train fanatic, that was kind of funny.

Yay, finally we know how the YF-24 is different form the VF-25! I guessed a while back (but didn't say) that the YF-24 probably would look like the the VF-25 and VF-27 combined (because they are obviously designed from the same mold) but without the wing engines because that seems like an advancement of the 27. Looks like I hit it really close because the 24's wings look like the 27's. I bet the reason the 24 itself didn't pan out is because LAI couldn't decide to severely enhance it's abilities for special ops or make it a broad range fighter, which led to the design split and the 25 and 27 are born. Perhaps the reason the it is the VF-27 and not 26 is because a 26 would have to be another prototype stage between the 24 and 27 because that is a lot of enhancement, especially for something only fit for cyborgs.

I still have a lot of questions that can be answered by subs, so hopefully Kei will be done soon.

sorry just a little confused, but what's wrong with Sheryl?

uncertain, but she's likely either being poisoned by Grace again, or the previous poisoning is still affecting her... also Grace's continued meddling is going to make sure the doctors at the hospital won't find out what's wrong... Wonder if/when Mikhail's gonna inquire about those suspicious pills... though that'd most likely put a huge death flag on him so he's maybe better off keeping his mouth shut

:mellow:

So, did no one KNOW that a Grace-clone was the one who destroyed the planet?

:blink:

Nope. Noone beyond Brera and whoever else is working with Grace (the voices in this ep)... Doubt anyone on Frontier even has a clue as to what hit Galia 4.. but the Vajra will no doubt be blamed.

The VF-24 is much more of a traditional VF design whereas the VF-25 went with an integrated back seat and various other design enhancements.

I like that design of the 24. at first glance i said 21/22, because of the big wide (F-15E wide) wings. but with the shield on the aft end of the fusalage, the 24 gets it's linage from both the 19 and 22. Was the 24 ever built or flown?

I like that design of the 24. at first glance i said 21/22, because of the big wide (F-15E wide) wings. but with the shield on the aft end of the fusalage, the 24 gets it's linage from both the 19

and 22. Was the 24 ever built or flown

?

*Klanpokes you for not using spoiler tags* YOU DON'T WANT TO FEEL THE WRATH OF AZRAEL DO YOU?????? :p:)

Edited by MisaForever

So, did no one KNOW that a Grace-clone was the one who destroyed the planet?

:blink:

No one saw Grace activate the Dimension Eater so I doubt anyone suspects except for Brera, but he was in on it.

That is such a foolish statement... :p

Tell me about it, I knew people would be interested.

The VF-24 is much more of a traditional VF design whereas the VF-25 went with an integrated back seat and various other design enhancements.

I agree, the YF-24 reminds me of the VF-22 in some ways. It was said the VF-27 takes a lot of design elements from the VF-22 so that makes sense as the 27 got the wings of the 24 plus wing engines along with 3 dimensional thrust vectoring like the 22 had. Way I see it, they split the design in two, enhancements in the field of all around fighter capabilities for the VF-25, and special enhancements for anti-ship special ops capabilities for the 27.