Macross Frontier Episode 14 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

maybe that's why i'm having issues see it, the fact that largest portion might not be part of Battle 25.

Still holding my breath (not that i Do Not Want a Battle-25, it's just that there isn't enough screen evidence to prove iit, beyond Froatheadographics. It's like the argument on explosive bolts on Enterprise-Nil's neck, post TNG or better, the off-screen cannoninity of FJ ships in TWOK...)

*turns Green* :wacko:

That larger portion is simply the front end/docking section of Island 1 (similar to that seen in Macross 7). It's simply larger now because Island 1 is a whole heck larger than City 7.

It's just my opinion of course, but I think we should all be capable of analyzing the Macross universe in situ without imposing the continuity problems of other franchises. They have no bearing on Macross. The Macross Franchise is also nowhere as prolific nor problematic as something like Trek. I understand it's helpful for some to make analogies, but when we're talking canon Macross, in my opinion we should unify, not fracture. Just because the Battle 25 isn't exhaustively featured in big animated sequences we fans shouldn't arbitrarily dismiss what was included, however briefly. The Battle 25 isn't some kitbash afterthought hastily slapped together. The CGI model is clearly highly detailed along with the rest of the Macross Frontier.

I've seen fans in frenzy over some obscure unpublished concept art, lavishing it with attention disproportionate to the importance of the concept art itself. But should some minor background mecha/ship be included in an anime with anything less than an entire episode devoted to it, this creates a continuity problem?

I really think we're scraping the bottom of the complaint barrel at this point. But that's just me. If the Battle 25 never sees action, we know why; as I said, Frontier is the Quarter's show. Macross 7 already allowed the NMC's to have their day in the sun. I'd like to see the Battle 25 in action as much as the next fan but should it sit this game out, I won't complain as long as the Macross Frontier anime is a winner.

..until they actually show a picture or say that macross 25 exists... it don't. seriously look the pic over. you don't even see a head bridge yet. 'Show me the $' before we make assumtions (or better yet, someone email someone who would know...) :ph34r:

The first episode CGI tactical overview shows a graphic that clearly says "Battle 25", with a link both to "Island 1" and "Macross Quarter".

Mark

What he said. I believe its the part when Ghosts were send to intercept the vajra.

u know, even looking at those screengrabs, Im not convinced Battle 25 can transform...it just doesnt look right.

Isnt the big mech at the credits the Quarter?

If those screenshots weren't proof enuff, didn't the captain in ep 14 cancel transformation of battle 25 and instead ordered nuke strike on the vajra?

No, while I doubted it earlier (because why the heck wasn't it mobilized in ep 14?) the screen's posted have dispelled any disbelief I had. That is unquestionably a new macross battle carrier at the bow, gunship visible and all. The question remains why they didn't use it? While the swift Quarter might prove a lot deadlier in single ship to ship combat, it's larger cousin should be able to blow away many ships at once. So... what gives? :huh:

I think there's a reason behind it . Howard seems to be present on board Battle 25 when the battle started, and I don't think its wise to go into combat while the President is on board and they got other ship to act as Gunship (Quarter). And I allso think NUNS learn something from Battle 7 incident when the entire City 7 fold out without her :lol:

I think there's a reason behind it . Howard seems to be present on board Battle 25 when the battle started, and I don't think its wise to go into combat while the President is on board and they got other ship to act as Gunship (Quarter). And I allso think NUNS learn something from Battle 7 incident when the entire City 7 fold out without her :lol:

Good point, if there is going to be a gigantic final battle like most of us think there will be, I don't think Battle 25 will stay put knowing it might be the end of Frontier if they don't join the battle.

Edited by Chief Guld Goa Bowman

the off-screen cannoninity of FJ ships in TWOK...

They exist Dammit. Listen to the radio noise at the beginning of TMP "Calling Dreadnought USS Entente NCC-2120"

And the Battle 25 is not smaller than previous New Macross class battleships - it's just that Island 1 is much bigger than the previous Macross City type vessels.

If those screenshots weren't proof enuff, didn't the captain in ep 14 cancel transformation of battle 25 and instead ordered nuke strike on the vajra?

No where in the episode does anyone say to cancel a transformation, I looked through when the order to use nukes was permitted and when they actually nuked all the Vajra ships but they don't give mention to the Battle 25 transforming at all.

3. Interesting to find out that Canalia does indeed have a kid...

For me, the quick shot of Canalia looking at the photo of her with her kid knocked home for me that this time the characters really feel like they're in danger. In episode 7, there was no real feel that things were "that bad". Sure, there were a lot of Vajra. But you never really felt like the characters were in any real danger (even when the big Vajra ship "ate" Luca's fighter - notice that they tried to capture him again in this episode instead of blowing him up?). Canalia looking at the photo of her son suggested that maybe she was feeling her mortality in this episode and genuinely wondering if she'd ever see him again.

4. Ozma - just when you thought Ozma had become a cool guy he goes back to being a dork. Maybe it was in jest; the whole "Fail and I'll kill you" thing - but it was just unnecessary really. It was just as unnecessary as punching the guy. I guess I'm making too big a deal about it - Roy did tell Hikaru at one point "I don't care if you die; just make sure nothing happens to the girl!" - but every time Roy delivered a line like that, he laughed, smiled and spoke in a voice full of brotherly warmth. Ozma sounds like some really pissed off Japanese guy who wants to roast your nutts on an open fire...I don't know the language - but just listening to the tone that Roy Fokker spoke in and comparing it to Ozma...

That's because Roy and Ozma have different motivations for their dialogue. Roy's giving general "good guy impress the girls" advice. Ozma is worried about the little girl that he's been raising for the last several years. For all intents and purposes, Ozma is Ranka's father and Ranka is Ozma's daughter (adopted, not biological obviously). Ozma cares about Ranka just as he'd care about a daughter. And you'd better believe that there are a LOT of fathers that would make that exact threat with every intention of carrying it out if their little girl was in serious danger because of a possible screw up by someone they knew. Ozma's comment is an outgrowth of the same feelings that drive his conversation with Bobby earlier in the episode.

And was the Zendradi Pixie who was killed the same one that Alto tagged during training?

No. Alto tagged Nene, the pink-haired one (the one that hid behind Klan Klan when Alto and Michael started fighting in episode 9). The one that died was the one with short red hair that hadn't had a line of dialogue to date.

Edited by junior

What he said. I believe its the part when Ghosts were send to intercept the vajra.

No where in the episode does anyone say to cancel a transformation, I looked through when the order to use nukes was permitted and when they actually nuked all the Vajra ships but they don't give mention to the Battle 25 transforming at all.

Never take a joke as a fact :lol:

original post about Battle 25 canceling transformation :lol:

So it was your fault eh. :angry:

Yes i have not watched the subs yet cuz i'm waiting for lunar/shinsen

For me, the fact that we see Battle 25 with our own eyes, multiple times throughout the show and that it's even labeled as such on the holo-screens in the NUNS command centre is enough to convince me that there is, indeed, a Battle 25.

I know, I know. I'm just a little too easily convinced I suppose.

i didnt say Battle 25 wasnt there kids, slow down. i said i dont know if it transforms. And we dont. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. But we dont know.

Well, it looks similar enough to the Battle 7 to make us assume that it transforms with the only reason that it doesn't being the argument given by Mr. March.

If anything, we'll probably get confirmation on whether or not it does from some sourcebook or lineart (just like with the VF-4 which was enver shown transforming, but that didn't mean it didn't transform, SK just released the lineart for Battroid mode later on).

I did remember that joke and had thought of it when I was first replying to that comment but I decided to assume that it wasn't related. Little did I know Wolfx didn't even know that was a joke, :wacko: .

Well, it looks similar enough to the Battle 7 to make us assume that it transforms with the only reason that it doesn't being the argument given by Mr. March.

Perhaps I'm not seeing an alternate interpretation of what I wrote, but I definitely don't believe the Battle 25 is single mode. The Battle 25 is a New Macross Class ship so I'm confident it transforms just like every other NMC vessel. We don't have to see it transform. In fact, given the official information about the New Macross Class vessels, we have no choice but to assume the Battle 25 can transform until we're specifically told otherwise. Like I said, unifiying the facts, always.

Heh, if Battle 25 doesn't transform and go into action at some point I'll be disappointed, but that doesn't mean I'll dislike the show because of it. On the other hand, not letting the ship perform it's primary role just because Quarter is the star of the show is sloppy writing. I still think throwing Battle 25 into battle would provide ample opportunity to show why Quarter is so special. For similar reasons I thought the VF-25 and SMS superiority was being handled in a very ham fisted manner until this last episode when they showed that the NUNS pilots could muster some backbone and take some names when put into a corner. Trying to portray the SMS as being so great falls kinda flat and cartoonish when all they're compared to is a caricature of incompetence.

On the matter of whether or not Battle 25 transforms, I certainly agree with Mr. March on all points regarding that. Until they specifically say otherwise, there's no reason to assume that it doesn't transform, and every reason to assume that it does.

If Battle 25 doesn't transform, then it ain't no big deal. If the show ain't about Battle 25, then the show ain't about Battle 25.

Mod mode

Please don't cross post. If you're gonna post something here and then post the exact same thing in another thread, that's just wasting space.

Episode 14 “Mother’s Lullaby” Review

Again this episode opens with a brief review of the previous cliff hangar showing Grace activating the Dimension Eater and Alto flying into space to escape it. He activates the overboost on his Valkyire and manages to avoid the dimension eating effect as it abates. Gallia 4 is shown with nearly a quarter of it obliterated. Back at Island One on the Frontier, Elmo worries about Ranka missing her debut concert. Nanase and Luca meet each other and he tells her about the dire situation with Ranka and the others. Ozuma agains broods about Ranka in the hangar bay of the Macross Quarter, Bobby stopping by to offer some kind words. Kathy and the Bridge crew chatter while eating lunch about personal relationship and pester Mena about her crush on Captain Wilder, just as he enters the bridge and asks to try some food. Mena leaps at the chance and Wilder comments her fine skills would make her a good wife, but before the moment can develop, a ship alert sounds; the Vajra fleet is defolding in front of the Frontier fleet. Back on Island One, Luca is about the tell Nanase something but is interrupted by the alert. The president orders the Frontier prepare for battle and all ship shutters close on the Island fleet as the Vajra begin an attack. Luca leaves Nanase heading for battle. As the NUNS fleet begins to deploy, Bobby arrives on the Macross Quarter and transforms the ship for battle, the rest of the SMS forces are already in space and ready for combat. Meanwhile, Alto links with the fold booster and heads back to Frontier, the words of Temjin ringing in his ears as he too believes only one race can survive this war. Now prepared and armed with Anti-Vajra ESA munitions, the NUNS forces are holding their own against the Vajra for the first time. In the midst of battle, Sheryl awakens inside the VF-25G, still clinging to the outside of a Vajra ship, and she realizes Mikhail is seriously injured. Back at the command and control for the Frontier fleet, then NUNS report a stalemate in the battle and Leon encourages President Glass to authorize use of reaction weapons. Sheryl takes control of the VF-25G but it’s clear she’s not yet experienced enough to properly fly it and is shot down, but ejects. Luca finds her and tries to rescue her and Mikhail but he’s disabled and about to be destroyed when Alto arrives and saves him. Aboard the Vajra mothership still in fold space, Ranka is trapped but is shown a projection of the Frontier fleet by the Vajra Queen. Alto and Luca take Sheryl and Mikhail back to the Macross Quarter. Just then the Vajra Mothership and a second fleet defold behind the Frontier and open fire. The Frontier deploys the pin-point and full barrier systems for defense, but Island One is breached and innocent civilians are thrown into space. At NUNS command and control, the NUN Forces are surprised by the cunning flanking maneuver of the Vajra fleet. Glass reluctantly authorizes the Reaction Weapons and the fleet begins arming. As the SMS Macross Quarter begins to assault the mothership, Alto warns that Ranka Lee is aboard. Authorizing the Full Armor with reaction warheads, Alto prepares his Valkyrie for a desperate mission to rescue Ranka. Ozuma warns Alto he better succeed or he’ll kill him. Alto unleashes his reaction warheads and charges into battle. Aboard the mothership Ranka encounters another projection, this time of her mother and it appears the Vajra are attempting to communicate with her using the song Aimo. Ranka sings back to the Vajra and a brief vision is shown of some microscopic organisms inside Ranka and her abdomen glows again. Outside the battle grows more intense and Raramia of the SMS Pixie squadron is killed by a Vajra. The Vajra outside then seem to respond to Ranka’s singing. Alto uses the moment to bravely assault the Vajra, blasting his way through them in an impressive display of skill that stuns his fellow fighters. Luca’s valkyrie is then damaged by enemy fire while Brera’s VF-27 seems able to detect Ranka’s song somehow emanating from the Vajra mothership. As Alto blasts his way into the Vajra mothership, Brera appears in the VF-27 and beats him inside the ship, severing the stalk that hold the shell with Ranka inside and grabbing it for himself. As the Vajra Queen attacks Brera, Alto arrives inside and unleashes all his firepower on the queen. As the Queen dies, Ranka screams for Alto to stop but all of them flee the ship. Outside, Brera contacts the SMS/NUNS forces and reveals himself as Major Brera Sterne of the Macross Galaxy Antares Squadron, revealing he’s rescued Ranka and will agree to aid the Frontier fleet. At that moment, Wilder unleashes the Macross Quarter’s main gun and destroys the Vajra mothership. The bridge crew then report a massive disruption in the Vajra’s coordination and the NUNS press the attack, unleashing reaction weapons upon the Vajra fleet. The scene changes to Grace, somehow alive, unharmed and surrounded by machinery, perhaps implying that this is another artificial body for Grace and not the one that perished on Gallia 4. She declares Ranka is the “Little Queen”. Ranka begins crying for the Vajra, but cannot understand why. The episode ends as the remains of the Vajra fleet are destroyed.

Another near perfect episode and even more of the story begins to form. For the first time, the humans have actually made contact with the Vajra through Ranka. Their tactics in battle also reveal a much greater intelligence. The Vajra also begin to be seen in a different light for the first time. They’re not the mindless monsters we were lead to believe so far and they come across as somewhat tragically manipulated. At the same time the NUNS/SMS are shown as victims of this orchestrated plot as well and we see numerous victims of this war falling to the Vajra onslaught. Grace is going to great lengths to forge these tragic events but we’ve still yet to be given any answers behind her nefarious purpose. As far as war drama goes, Macross Frontier is pulling upon every emotional string and striking every epic chord. Not only are we being treated to what’s shaping up as a finely crafted tragedy but the epic action is taking Macross to new heights. To say this series is flying high is an understatement.

I think I can also sense a strong dramatic conflict being built in this episode. Alto has pretty much reserved himself to the fact that the Vajra must be annihilated. Temjin’s words are echoing in his mind and he sees no other way out but for one species to come out triumphantly at the expense of the other. In contrast, Ranka is the first human that is beginning to understand the Vajra. She can communicate with them on some level and even empathizes with them. This could create a lot of conflict between Alto and Ranka and may divide them just when they were beginning to grow closer. As the war grows, the chance for a resolution will only fade and as Ranka begins to understand more, she’s likely to encounter stronger resistance from her own people. We don’t know what will happen next, but the seeds of some great anime have again been sown in episode 14.

More great Macross Frontier is sure to follow and the show is really getting into gear now. Deculture!

Nice review March, now we are almost set for episode 15 to air, even though we still have 2 days for that.

You know what really bugs me? It seemed like we were getting every indication that there was something other than a Vajra up to something on Galia IV. That big eye we saw screwing with Alto's mech seemed to me to be something akin to the Birdman from Macross Zero. Now Galia IV is destroyed and it seems any hope for whatever that thing was to be mentioned again is gone with it. Was that thing just the Queen Vajra's eye in super close-up for? That would make sense, she sensed Ranka and was trying to prevent her from leaving. Still, the art for the eye just doesn't seem to match the art for the Queen.

You know what really bugs me? It seemed like we were getting every indication that there was something other than a Vajra up to something on Galia IV. That big eye we saw screwing with Alto's mech seemed to me to be something akin to the Birdman from Macross Zero. Now Galia IV is destroyed and it seems any hope for whatever that thing was to be mentioned again is gone with it. Was that thing just the Queen Vajra's eye in super close-up for? That would make sense, she sensed Ranka and was trying to prevent her from leaving. Still, the art for the eye just doesn't seem to match the art for the Queen.

first time i saw it, i instantly throught "birdman". but then others pointed out that it was probably a close-up of the vajra's eyes. interestingly, the image of the eye was juxtaposed with the valkyrie's guidance system going all haywire. as far back as ep 1 (deculture ed), the vajra seems to have the ability to disrupt guidance systems (utter annhiliation of the ghost fighters).

also, seeing as that the whole planet is now dead, and i didn't see any indication of the birdman/aphos folding out or leaving the planet, my guess is that it's the vajra, and not the birdman. but still i agree that the eye looks SO much like the Birdman's. and since that same "eye" was seen in the birdman movie just 4 episodes back, the similarity becomes all the more striking.

Episode 14 “Mother’s Lullaby” Review

Again this episode opens with a brief review of the previous cliff hangar showing Grace activating the Dimension Eater and Alto flying into space to escape it. He activates the overboost on his Valkyire and manages to avoid the dimension eating effect as it abates. Gallia 4 is shown with nearly a quarter of it obliterated. Back at Island One on the Frontier, Elmo worries about Ranka missing her debut concert. Nanase and Luca meet each other and he tells her about the dire situation with Ranka and the others. Ozuma agains broods about Ranka in the hangar bay of the Macross Quarter, Bobby stopping by to offer some kind words. Kathy and the Bridge crew chatter while eating lunch about personal relationship and pester Mena about her crush on Captain Wilder, just as he enters the bridge and asks to try some food. Mena leaps at the chance and Wilder comments her fine skills would make her a good wife, but before the moment can develop, a ship alert sounds; the Vajra fleet is defolding in front of the Frontier fleet. Back on Island One, Luca is about the tell Nanase something but is interrupted by the alert. The president orders the Frontier prepare for battle and all ship shutters close on the Island fleet as the Vajra begin an attack. Luca leaves Nanase heading for battle. As the NUNS fleet begins to deploy, Bobby arrives on the Macross Quarter and transforms the ship for battle, the rest of the SMS forces are already in space and ready for combat. Meanwhile, Alto links with the fold booster and heads back to Frontier, the words of Temjin ringing in his ears as he too believes only one race can survive this war. Now prepared and armed with Anti-Vajra ESA munitions, the NUNS forces are holding their own against the Vajra for the first time. In the midst of battle, Sheryl awakens inside the VF-25G, still clinging to the outside of a Vajra ship, and she realizes Mikhail is seriously injured. Back at the command and control for the Frontier fleet, then NUNS report a stalemate in the battle and Leon encourages President Glass to authorize use of reaction weapons. Sheryl takes control of the VF-25G but it’s clear she’s not yet experienced enough to properly fly it and is shot down, but ejects. Luca finds her and tries to rescue her and Mikhail but he’s disabled and about to be destroyed when Alto arrives and saves him. Aboard the Vajra mothership still in fold space, Ranka is trapped but is shown a projection of the Frontier fleet by the Vajra Queen. Alto and Luca take Sheryl and Mikhail back to the Macross Quarter. Just then the Vajra Mothership and a second fleet defold behind the Frontier and open fire. The Frontier deploys the pin-point and full barrier systems for defense, but Island One is breached and innocent civilians are thrown into space. At NUNS command and control, the NUN Forces are surprised by the cunning flanking maneuver of the Vajra fleet. Glass reluctantly authorizes the Reaction Weapons and the fleet begins arming. As the SMS Macross Quarter begins to assault the mothership, Alto warns that Ranka Lee is aboard. Authorizing the Full Armor with reaction warheads, Alto prepares his Valkyrie for a desperate mission to rescue Ranka. Ozuma warns Alto he better succeed or he’ll kill him. Alto unleashes his reaction warheads and charges into battle. Aboard the mothership Ranka encounters another projection, this time of her mother and it appears the Vajra are attempting to communicate with her using the song Aimo. Ranka sings back to the Vajra and a brief vision is shown of some microscopic organisms inside Ranka and her abdomen glows again. Outside the battle grows more intense and Raramia of the SMS Pixie squadron is killed by a Vajra. The Vajra outside then seem to respond to Ranka’s singing. Alto uses the moment to bravely assault the Vajra, blasting his way through them in an impressive display of skill that stuns his fellow fighters. Luca’s valkyrie is then damaged by enemy fire while Brera’s VF-27 seems able to detect Ranka’s song somehow emanating from the Vajra mothership. As Alto blasts his way into the Vajra mothership, Brera appears in the VF-27 and beats him inside the ship, severing the stalk that hold the shell with Ranka inside and grabbing it for himself. As the Vajra Queen attacks Brera, Alto arrives inside and unleashes all his firepower on the queen. As the Queen dies, Ranka screams for Alto to stop but all of them flee the ship. Outside, Brera contacts the SMS/NUNS forces and reveals himself as Major Brera Sterne of the Macross Galaxy Antares Squadron, revealing he’s rescued Ranka and will agree to aid the Frontier fleet. At that moment, Wilder unleashes the Macross Quarter’s main gun and destroys the Vajra mothership. The bridge crew then report a massive disruption in the Vajra’s coordination and the NUNS press the attack, unleashing reaction weapons upon the Vajra fleet. The scene changes to Grace, somehow alive, unharmed and surrounded by machinery, perhaps implying that this is another artificial body for Grace and not the one that perished on Gallia 4. She declares Ranka is the “Little Queen”. Ranka begins crying for the Vajra, but cannot understand why. The episode ends as the remains of the Vajra fleet are destroyed.

Another near perfect episode and even more of the story begins to form. For the first time, the humans have actually made contact with the Vajra through Ranka. Their tactics in battle also reveal a much greater intelligence. The Vajra also begin to be seen in a different light for the first time. They’re not the mindless monsters we were lead to believe so far and they come across as somewhat tragically manipulated. At the same time the NUNS/SMS are shown as victims of this orchestrated plot as well and we see numerous victims of this war falling to the Vajra onslaught. Grace is going to great lengths to forge these tragic events but we’ve still yet to be given any answers behind her nefarious purpose. As far as war drama goes, Macross Frontier is pulling upon every emotional string and striking every epic chord. Not only are we being treated to what’s shaping up as a finely crafted tragedy but the epic action is taking Macross to new heights. To say this series is flying high is an understatement.

I think I can also sense a strong dramatic conflict being built in this episode. Alto has pretty much reserved himself to the fact that the Vajra must be annihilated. Temjin’s words are echoing in his mind and he sees no other way out but for one species to come out triumphantly at the expense of the other. In contrast, Ranka is the first human that is beginning to understand the Vajra. She can communicate with them on some level and even empathizes with them. This could create a lot of conflict between Alto and Ranka and may divide them just when they were beginning to grow closer. As the war grows, the chance for a resolution will only fade and as Ranka begins to understand more, she’s likely to encounter stronger resistance from her own people. We don’t know what will happen next, but the seeds of some great anime have again been sown in episode 14.

More great Macross Frontier is sure to follow and the show is really getting into gear now. Deculture!

Thats a very comprehensive summary indeed, thanks Mr. March. I am still inclined to think Ozma knows more than he is telling about Ranka. Ozma should know about Ranka's origin and her secrets better than anyone else except maybe Mr. Funny Hair Leon.

But if predicted by some members that Ozma would get his pineapple salad in the episode "bye bye sister", those secrets would die with him !

Edited by vanpang

Is Galia IV actually destroyed? When the Varja folded away from the planet, the fold bubble was starting to encompass the planet. At first, I thought they were going to physically fold to the planet along with their ships to some location. Then it looked like they were only going to take a chunk of the planet as the fold bubble ended up not encircling the entire planet. When the Varja de-fold in front of the Frontier fleet, the chunk of Galia IV is not present. We did not see the planet's demise during the Varja fold scene therefore, what is the actual fate of the planet?

Edited by protogarland

Is Galia IV actually destroyed? When the Varja folded away from the planet, the fold bubble was starting to encompass the planet. At first, I thought they were going to physically fold to the planet along with their ships to some location. Then it looked like they were only going to take a chunk of the planet as the fold bubble ended up not encircling the entire planet. When the Varja de-fold in front of the Frontier fleet, the chunk of Galia IV is not present. We did not see the planet's demise during the Varja fold scene therefore, what is the actual fate of the planet?

The Dimension Eater basically just vaporized a quarter of the planet, leaving a smooth slice out of the planet. There still seems to be atmosphere and there is no telling how this will affect the planet's environment. Also there are numerous debates on whether there was a core of the planet to begin with and why we can't see it...

The Dimension Eater basically just vaporized a quarter of the planet, leaving a smooth slice out of the planet. There still seems to be atmosphere and there is no telling how this will affect the planet's environment. Also there are numerous debates on whether there was a core of the planet to begin with and why we can't see it...

Ah, that's what that was. I saw the scene where Grace activates the Dimension Eater but the subtitles I was reading wasn't making a lot of things clear. Thanks for the clarification.

when the episode 14 introduces where they previously left off before the credits and music starts you can see Alto starts to make a run for it, Then It shows what's left of the planet, a half moon shape hole and desolation...I think that moment says it all..no one survived...

I don't think the "halo" around the damaged portion of the planet is the atmosphere; I think it's orbiting debris. The atmosphere can only extend off the surface so far before it thins into nothing. If there was any atmosphere in the damaged zone of Gallia 4, it would be close to the surface like the rest of the atmosphere.

Which brings me to another thought I just had; I don't think Gallia 4 survived as a habitable planet. Along with 1/4 of the planet disintegrated would also come a major loss of atmosphere. Not only that, but an explosion that large and destructive would likely throw the planet off axis and out of orbit. The entire ecosystem of the planet would be wiped out, there likely isn't enough atmosphere to breathe or sustain pressure anymore and the temperature probably plummeted a few hundred degrees.

The planet itself may be largely in tact, but I would think the world is well on it's way to being a lifeless rock.

I don't think the "halo" around the damaged portion of the planet is the atmosphere; I think it's orbiting debris. The atmosphere can only extend off the surface so far before it thins into nothing. If there was any atmosphere in the damaged zone of Gallia 4, it would be close to the surface like the rest of the atmosphere.

Which brings me to another thought I just had; I don't think Gallia 4 survived as a habitable planet. Along with 1/4 of the planet disintegrated would also come a major loss of atmosphere. Not only that, but an explosion that large and destructive would likely throw the planet off axis and out of orbit. The entire ecosystem of the planet would be wiped out, there likely isn't enough atmosphere to breathe or sustain pressure anymore and the temperature probably plummeted a few hundred degrees.

The planet itself may be largely in tact, but I would think the world is well on it's way to being a lifeless rock.

I agree and also believe Gallia 4 to now be lifeless, but I don't look too much into it now.

A note, while your right about the possibility of it being thrown off axis and out of orbit (which would ruin it), that wasn't your typical explosion. It did blast out it just expanded slowly and dissipated after vaporizing stuff.

However I pretty much agree March, that planet is dead.

Master Dex

I know drama and exposition DURING the explosion sequence probably made the Dimension Eater effect appear slower than intended. But keep in mind the show is first and foremost dramatic entertainment so time can be stretched in any number of ways; particularly during very dramatic moments. Dramatic editing can even make a VF-25S Full Armor Valkyrie transform in slow motion and do so twice for dramatic effect (episode 1) :)

Back to the physics, the Dimension Eater effect was gaining on Alto, Mikhail and the Vajra fleet, the ships themselves had to be moving at over 8 kilometers per second to reach escape velocity for attaining orbit. Well, perhaps not the Vajra, since they have Gravity Generators, but the Valkyries don't and had to do it the old fashioned way. So that's a lot of kinetic energy when the edge of that Dimension Eater wave hits.

Still, I understand your point; the Dimension Eater is more "suck" than "blow" (braces for the inevitable innuendo from the crowd :lol: ). Or to put it more aptly, it's more like a rolling sheer effect; like a shredding vortex.