Max's TV 1/48 VF-1A on the way?

UN Spacy

LOL. 1/48's......those are so 2007.

I wonder if Yamato will release more 1/48 exclusives that're easily attainable with the new 1/60's.

1/48 and 1/60 are different things for me... The former is more like a collectible for display, and the latter is more a toy.

And I do want a Vermillion Squad in 1/48.

Hi to the 7 guys who ordered the Max from me, I need to check with u all if u need me to open the brown box to check if the original box is ok, as there is no bubble wrap but only a thin piece of rice paper. No worries I wouldn't if u dun want to. The original box is taped up BTW. I will be wrapping a layer of bubble wrap ard the brown box and then another layer of brown card board before mailing to ensure better protection to the boxes.

Hi to the 7 guys who ordered the Max from me, I need to check with u all if u need me to open the brown box to check if the original box is ok, as there is no bubble wrap but only a thin piece of rice paper. No worries I wouldn't if u dun want to. The original box is taped up BTW. I will be wrapping a layer of bubble wrap ard the brown box and then another layer of brown card board before mailing to ensure better protection to the boxes.

I just PM'd you, but just in case, please Do Not open the brown box for mine

Thanks!

- chowyunskinny

Finally got my hands on the VF-1A Max TV version. There are 8 bowes here all taken. 7 to be mail out soon and 1 which belongs to myself. I'm opening it to see how it's being package and the QC of the Max. So far so good. Enjoy the pics. :D

Hi Dash,

Thanks for the photos ! She is a beauty !

I just got mine... No QC problems or anything noteworthy other than a small design improvement that allows its back fins' hinges to slide out so when you fold it down, they don't graze each other... don't know why they improve it only now since there weren't much complains on that area.

I like the TV head. I have always liked the DYRL 1A head design and I think they did a good job with this "DYRLed" TV 1A head.

I'm curious with corrugated material they use for the current packaging... isn't it a step down from their usual over-boxing with flapover window, since corrugated material is so... cheap... and this is suppose to be an exclusive limited edition release. And corrugated material dents more easily.

All in all, the TV Max VF1A is just an overhyped and overpriced piece that could have done just as well for Yamato as a normal release.

All in all, the TV Max VF1A is just an overhyped and overpriced piece that could have done just as well for Yamato as a normal release.

i agree, though I think at this point they dont want too many 1/48s sitting on the shelves for too long. Why make a bunch that would eventually go on clearance when they can make exactly the amount that will be bought from factory at a higher than retail price going directly into their bank?

i agree, though I think at this point they dont want too many 1/48s sitting on the shelves for too long. Why make a bunch that would eventually go on clearance when they can make exactly the amount that will be bought from factory at a higher than retail price going directly into their bank?

I've been watching these on Yahoo Japan, and it seems like they're only moving at about 16,000 yen or so. Of course, to Japanese bidders. Yamato could have made these more widely available by offering a limited run instead of them being a magazine exclusive with an even more limited run allowing for a lower price point through online dealers instead of the inflated cost that is being asked for them on eBay. I think these are going to turn out like the Revoltech VF-1J Miria - not that hard to find a few months from now at a good price. A few years from now, we'll see if they go up in value over what they initially cost. These will be competing with the 1/60 version, so new collectors may want that version instead.

Another possible reason is they want to focus & promote sales fm upcoming 1/60 TV Max. Why need to crash both scales on regular release.

I got a couple of these from Rinkya Japan yesterday. Very cool! I love the TV style VF-1A head. Hopefully, we'll get a Cannon Fodder, Angelbirds, and Miria version out of this. I also like that Yamato didn't use the glossy plastic for the heatshield on this. Anyway, I took some pics of it, which can be seen here:

http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/sidearmsalpha/

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I got a couple of these from Rinkya Japan yesterday. Very cool! I love the TV style VF-1A head. Hopefully, we'll get a Cannon Fodder, Angelbirds, and Miria version out of this. I also like that Yamato didn't use the glossy plastic for the heatshield on this. Anyway, I took some pics of it, which can be seen here:

what the? Did yours come with the TV style clown hands? :ph34r: Mine didn't

Nice pics! When I see the postman I am going to put my foot so deep in his rear end his breath is going to smell like shoe polish. Mine is still stuck in Customs since March 9th. Anywho, what's up with the blue side covers? Is that cannon? I was looking forward to adding a set of white ones to mine when it arrives.