WTF-1 Discsussion Thread

Zinjo

Macross Plus happened 19 years before Frontier takes place, which is several years prior to the launching of the Frontier itself. I mean geez, did you guys all just come off the Robotech bus, or what?

Which is coincidentally the same year of first contact with the Vajra.

They never heard from them again till 8 years later with the 117th research fleet being destroyed.

It's not like Sharon Apple invited them with her singing, right? Right?! :wacko:

OK, some help here.

I've only seen, Macross, Macross 2, Plus, Zero, and now this Frontier.

Is there something in Macross 7 and DYRL that is affecting Frontier and is not making since to me now? Example, what is Megaroad, and what is meant that DYRL was filmed on a set? ? ?

OK, some help here.

Is there something in Macross 7 and DYRL that is affecting Frontier and is not making since to me now? Example, what is Megaroad, and what is meant that DYRL was filmed on a set? ? ?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26406

OK, some help here.

Megaroad-01 is the first colonization ship launched. And in Macross universe, DYRL is a historical movie based on the events of the original Macross, hence the phase "filmed on a set". :)

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Thank you Duke Togo. I'm aware of that thread. However it was just a question regarding Frontier considering this is a Frontier topic, which involved on several other replies before mine those two queries.

PS, if you thought I was newbie. Please compare the dates registered with yourself and myself.

OK, some help here.

*Looks at grammar and tries to understand context.* :wacko:

1. DYRL or Do you remember love is a fictional movie about Space War 1 in the Macross continuity.

2. Macross 7 occurs 5 years after Macross Plus. One of the Macross colony fleets Macross 7 encounters a mysterious enemy, the Protodevlin. The main protagonist is Nekki Basara, a rock singer, whose power of song ended the war with the Protodevlin and saved the galaxy from destruction.

Ozma Lee, SMS Skull Squadron leader is a fan of Nekki Basara/Fire Bomber fan. Sound speakers concept which was first used in Macross 7 was also used in the last episode.

3. Megaroad is the class designation for the original city ships built after Space War 1. The most famous of these is the missing Megaroad 1 which contains the Space War 1 heroes Hikaru, Misa and Minmay.

Of the Megaroad class at most 30 where built till the the New Macross Class fleets became standard.

Edited by RedWolf

Megaroad-01 is the first colonization ship launched. And in Macross universe, DYRL is a historical movie based on the events of the original Macross, hence the phase "filmed on a set". :)

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p

Thanks for directing me there. Going through timeline now, and making sense. :)

*Looks at grammar and tries to understand context.* :wacko:

1. DYRL or Do you remember love is a fictional movie about Space War 1 in the Macross continuity.

2. Macross 7 occurs 5 years after Macross Plus. One of the Macross colony fleets Macross 7 encounters a mysterious enemy, the Protodevlin. The main protagonist is Nekki Basara, a rock singer, whose power of song ended the war with the Protodevlin and saved the galaxy from destruction.

Ozma Lee, SMS Skull Squadron leader is a fan of Nekki Basara/Fire Bomber fan. Sound speakers concept which was first used in Macross 7 was also used in the last episode.

3. Megaroad is the class designation for the original city ships built after Space War 1. The most famous of these is the missing Megaroad 1 which contains the Space War 1 heroes Hikaru, Misa and Minmay.

Of the Megaroad class at most 30 where built till the the New Macross Class fleets became standard.

Now this is awesome info. At last this thread and the one of Episode 12 are starting to register. LOL

Many sorries for the weak grammar. Only noticed now how I mixed up 'since' with 'sense'.

Thanks again.

Thank you Duke Togo. I'm aware of that thread. However it was just a question regarding Frontier considering this is a Frontier topic, which involved on several other replies before mine those two queries.

PS, if you thought I was newbie. Please compare the dates registered with yourself and myself.

Registered with the new forum, not the old. AFM veteran, thank you very much. And that was question for the newbie thread. :)

Edited by Duke Togo

*Scratches head*

Not very sure....and i missed the 1st half....so guess we'll wait for subs.

Yeah, gonna wait until the subs come out or one of our Japanese speaking members confirms what happened.

WTF-1 is...

SDF-4 Global, flagship of the 117th Research Fleet.

I'm glad I was wrong about this SDF... It means

the Earth was spared

... ^_^

I believe

the SDF-4 was the only other Macross Class vessel constructed, while the rest were Megaroads. The 117the fleet used the Macross ship for Vajra research. The bugs feed on Superdimensional energy. That's why they built their nest there...

Fleets of Macross Class warships is a no go...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :) This thread has now become an all time classic of MW. See, never say never! :):lol:

*throws around a celebratory tossing of eggs into everyone's face*

I was fairly sure it was the SDF-1, but again, Macross Frontier throws us all for a loop. A great surprise :)

Edited by Mr March

So now that it's all over, maybe the fault lies in the translation of Alto's line? Could he have referred to it as A Macross, rather than THE Macross? Or maybe it was just a cruel red herring, especially with the promise of Global-related shenanigans in the preview.

So now that it's all over, maybe the fault lies in the translation of Alto's line? Could he have referred to it as A Macross, rather than THE Macross? Or maybe it was just a cruel red herring, especially with the promise of Global-related shenanigans in the preview.

Oh course it was, LOL.

Who says Kawamori doesn't love Macross II? He just made it possible for it to become official with the teeniest of retcons. The Macross in MacrossII was really the SDF-3 and was the flagship of the second Colonization fleet. They Find a habitable world, Call it "New Earth" and set up home. Unfortunately for them there is a major fold fault between them and Earth, cutting off all communications. After a while they stop thinking about the old earth, and simply refer to their planet as earth, and the SDF-3 simply as the Macross. Then 80 years later an offshoot of the protoculture called the Marduk show up.

Now it fits into continuity just fine! :lol:

Who says Kawamori doesn't love Macross II? He just made it possible for it to become official with the teeniest of retcons. The Macross in MacrossII was really the SDF-3 and was the flagship of the second Colonization fleet. They Find a habitable world, Call it "New Earth" and set up home. Unfortunately for them there is a major fold fault between them and Earth, cutting off all communications. After a while they stop thinking about the old earth, and simply refer to their planet as earth, and the SDF-3 simply as the Macross. Then 80 years later an offshoot of the protoculture called the Marduk show up.

Now it fits into continuity just fine! :lol:

Not quite.

Other "adjustments" are needed to MII to bring it into line with the Nue continuity, however, if SK so desired, he could use this latest revelation as a basis.

This is also assuming the idea of multiple SDF battleships wasn't something he envisioned for the Nue universe all along. He isn't one to lay out his secrets until he has reason to.

Besides, SK has always publically maintained that he's never seen MII, so had no opinion on it.

Edited by Zinjo

have mentioned this in the episode thread, now expanding it:

it doesn't make sense that the WTF-1 is "just a disguise/gimmick" if u consider the fact that:

- we can be sure that there is really a sdf-1 styled ship named "Global" because Alto's X-Gear records recognised it, thus verifying the existence of such a ship.

- Ranka herself gets her flashbacks after seeing it means that she recognizes it sub-consciously. It was indeed a ship from her past (flagship of the 117th Research Fleet).

as for whether the one we see now is the real flagship of the 117th:

- there is a "photo" of young ranka inside it, not to mention the doll lying on the floor and the broken vehicle.

- dont make sense for a disguised ship to have broken vehicles and dolls internally. Ranka's photo is good evidence that the ship had a real past (i.e. not disguised/fake ship).

the queen vajra probably altered it internally to make her hive, so the external parts fall off when it lifted off.

EDIT: new thoughts after re-watching - i realized that the vajra mothership might not be "inside" the WTF-1 Global but rather under it... the "Global" broke up when it was pushed up by the vajra mothership, so we're still unable to determine the size of this thing.

Edited by Shun

Wait and see what?

A gimmick implies that it isn't real.

So far it is beginning to look real.

If you mean "gimmick" in creating a controversy that the ship was indeed the Macross, when it wasn't, then I'd agree.