Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

can someone please, please make an animated gif of that? even if i can't get use it as an avatar, at least i'll be able to look at it from time to time. <geez, i sound like a smitten teenager, but wth>

sheryl3qj4.gif

I did not make this... got it off AS forums

Westlo is using it there and assuming he didn't change it yet, he's probably not going to use it here.

Edited by Tsuchiro

Too true...and to think that I really liked her at first. Sheryl throws a tantrum, Grace bows slightly to Cathy, and I thought, "Wow...Sheryl's kind of a b!tch, but her manager's cool."

What a difference eleven episodes make...

We are never suppose to notice the puppet master. I mean Leon said this is all to Graces plan last episode. If this is all in her plan then clearly she has been helping to play match maker as well. Which mean she had to know that Ranka liked Alto enough to come across the galaxy to help him, and also trigger whatever the hell that big green monster is. Then again Grace could be the person we think is in control but actually is a pawn as well.

We are never suppose to notice the puppet master. I mean Leon said this is all to Graces plan last episode. If this is all in her plan then clearly she has been helping to play match maker as well. Which mean she had to know that Ranka liked Alto enough to come across the galaxy to help him, and also trigger whatever the hell that big green monster is. Then again Grace could be the person we think is in control but actually is a pawn as well.

*Assumes Baron Harkonnen voice* "Wheels within wheels within wheels.."

Somehow, with only 25 or 26 episodes, i doubt it'll be quite THAT complex...but I really want it to be.

*Assumes Baron Harkonnen voice* "Wheels within wheels within wheels.."

Somehow, with only 25 or 26 episodes, i doubt it'll be quite THAT complex...but I really want it to be.

I agree it is complex but we still know nothing about the Galaxy and it whereabouts. Even if Grace is just the mouth piece for something greater.

I agree it is complex but we still know nothing about the Galaxy and it whereabouts. Even if Grace is just the mouth piece for something greater.

True...she's gotta be working for SOMEONE...

I bet it's Doctor Chiba. He's gone mad! MAD, I tell you! MAD WITH POWER!!!

It's a setup so that once he his plan comes to fruition, Basara will magically reappear and save the Galaxy with his song as just as VFTF1 has been telling us all this time.

Yama wa, ginga wa, ORE NO UTA WO KIKE!

Edited by d3v

It's a setup so that once he his plan comes to fruition, Basara will magically reappear and save the Galaxy with his song as just as VFTF1 has been telling us all this time.

Yama wa, ginga wa, ORE NO UTA WO KIKE!

Yes! YES! Basara IS the Vajra's Inner Beauty Man! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

*whew*

Now that we've solved the mystery of Frontier, who wants a brewski?

Y'know the longer u stare at that gif, the more fluid it gets - like a perfect rhythm... lol :blink:

well i must have screwed up my computer (both of them) trying to get my avatar to work, because hikaru now slaps minmei like every second, and carrot ranka jumps out every 3 seconds!

still can't see my new avatar even after reboots, clear caches etc. in both computers and both in ie and firefox. but thanks to d3v, xeros, master dex and tsuchiro for trying to help out. whatever brought down alto and ranka is probably screwing me. seriously.

anyway, enough of that.

the way alto dove to the ground reminded me of max in dyrl avoiding miriya's missiles. but gunfire this time, and alto had to change to gerwalk. gotta give it to max for not needing gerwalk in that kind of maneuver. truly genius.

well i must have screwed up my computer (both of them) trying to get my avatar to work, because hikaru now slaps minmei like every second, and carrot ranka jumps out every 3 seconds!

still can't see my new avatar even after reboots, clear caches etc. in both computers and both in ie and firefox. but thanks to d3v, xeros, master dex and tsuchiro for trying to help out. whatever brought down alto and ranka is probably screwing me. seriously.

I can't see your new avatar, either...but once it took almost a day before mine changed after i uploaded a new one. And, for the record, Hikaru's pretty slap happy on my computer, Ozma's eyes are zipping around like he's on speed, but Ranka still lurks for a while before popping out...

anyway, enough of that.

the way alto dove to the ground reminded me of max in dyrl avoiding miriya's missiles. but gunfire this time, and alto had to change to gerwalk. gotta give it to max for not needing gerwalk in that kind of maneuver. truly genius.

Or it could be like Shin when he was just learning how to fly his Zero...really, some of the references and homages are like Russian dolls, homages hidden inside homages and such.

Okay my theory on SDF-1 Macross.

Terrorist/insurrection group gets tired of the way the UNS is running things and captures the SDF-1 and launches it as their flagship for symbolic purposes. This is the war that leads to the formation of the NUNS, then ship crashes and no one knows what happened to it, the end!

ranka is too selfish. with alto and others being held as hostages, along with sheryl being ill, all she can think about is her own selfish thoughts about not being able to give her bitter cookies to alto, rather than the well being of everyone. She flies across to another world, probably in secret or against Ozma's wishes, for her own benefit, so she can say "happy birthday, alto kun." she isn't considering anyone else's feelings but her own.

Sheryl is just like Misa. Prideful, confident on the outside, but I suspect Sheryl is insecure inside. She is also capable of accepting ranka being with Alto if that is who he chooses, sorta like Misa. Sheryl gives Alto what Alto wants, where as ranka gives alto what ranka wants.

even SDF1 couldn't stop me from giving this episode my first neg. :unsure:

wow 22 pages and counting ! I am not sure anyone mentions this before (I couldn't read all the 22 pages) but SDF-1 Macross was destroyed at the end game VFX-2 ! [see edit below ]So how on earth did SDF-1 appear in Galia 4 ?

EDIT : My mistake, I read from a game FAQ that it was the sdf-1 that was destroyed in VFX-2. That is incorrect, it was the Macross 13 that was destroyed at the end of VFX-2, as stated by Gubaba. Please see link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NMv8Jve3pmQ

Edited by vanpang

ranka is too selfish. with alto and others being held as hostages, along with sheryl being ill, all she can think about is her own selfish thoughts about not being able to give her bitter cookies to alto, rather than the well being of everyone. She flies across to another world, probably in secret or against Ozma's wishes, for her own benefit, so she can say "happy birthday, alto kun." she isn't considering anyone else's feelings but her own.

She also managed to save their collective ass...flying into a Zentradi firefight with or without a mike and speakers is not something you do out of selfish reasons...

Unless you're Basara.

wow 22 pages and counting ! I am not sure anyone mentions this before (I couldn't read all the 22 pages) but SDF-1 Macross was destroyed at the end game VFX-2 ! So how on earth did SDF-1 appear in Galia 4 ?

No, the Macross-13 was destroyed at the end of VF-X2. (I think we need to add this to the list of Macross Fallacies.)

She also managed to save their collective ass...flying into a Zentradi firefight with or without a mike and speakers is not something you do out of selfish reasons...

Unless you're Basara.

and what if she got injured or died in the process. a selfish reason is a selfish reason whether she saved everyone or not. i didn't question her bravery. if Alto wasn't there, she wouldn't have gone. her reason of going to Gallia4 was to be with Alto, being a heroine was just a plus.

Edited by otogi

Get a hold of yourself man! :slap: I am sorry I had to do it but you are using up all the air.

Unless you're Basara.

and what if she got injured or died in the process. a selfish reason is a selfish reason whether she saved everyone or not. i didn't question her bravery. if Alto wasn't there, she wouldn't have gone. her reason of going to Gallia4 was to be with Alto, being a heroine was just a plus.

It is a mix of selfish and non-selfish. She could have easily had Mikhail come in to support Alto since Mikhail brown noses Ozama. Plus it is friendship at this point and who hasn't done something a bit selfish for their friend if they needed help?

Yeah!!!! Great episode; very Macrossy!!! I liked the Zentradi caricutures of Breetai, Exedol, & especially Kamjin(they need to bring him back to make Alto's life hell). Ranka's finally becoming Lynn Minmay & the Macross cameo was a surprise. This might answer why the Macross on Earth looks like the DYRL version and not the SDF one(the one it's supposed to look like).

The DYRL version "is" what the Macross is supposed to look like:

Sheryl is just like Misa. Prideful, confident on the outside, but I suspect Sheryl is insecure inside. She is also capable of accepting ranka being with Alto if that is who he chooses, sorta like Misa. Sheryl gives Alto what Alto wants, where as ranka gives alto what ranka wants.

even SDF1 couldn't stop me from giving this episode my first neg. :unsure:

Hmm, are we about to have our own Sheryl/Ranka board faction split? If so, I'm with the Sheryl for the win!

Macross getting tore up fighting Bodolza + Kamjin sheering off the Daedelus Arm = Major Refit in 2012 - 2030 era design used in DYRL.

Unless Especially if you're Basara.

There, I fixed it :)

As for the VFX2 story, the basics of it were that a large coorperation was funding a coup within the UNS, having high ranking UNS, a Rogue Zentradi group as their army, and a new missile lock jamming system as their ace in the hole. You play Aegis Focker, a new recruit in the VFX Ravens team, who initially goes against said coorperation & Zentradi, until his flight leader (Gilliam) joins a 3rd rebel faction. After facing off with him (branching the story into an abrupt ending if you decide to kill him), you team up & go against all other nefarious partiess. At one point you break into earth orbit & take on a Zentradi mobile fortress, break into orbit & take on a soundjammer (missile lock breaker) equipped Macross, various Ghosts, and finally the Macross 13.

I think this is one episode that we actually Alto starting to have an interest in Ranka, Alto blushes at least 3 times in this episode. I felt bad for Sheryl, she was hoping to fly with Alto during his B-day in Galia 4 but it was Ranka who flew with him. That would realy break Sheryl's heart

As for the VFX2 story, the basics of it were that a large coorperation was funding a coup within the UNS, having high ranking UNS, a Rogue Zentradi group as their army, and a new missile lock jamming system as their ace in the hole. You play Aegis Focker, a new recruit in the VFX Ravens team, who initially goes against said coorperation & Zentradi, until his flight leader (Gilliam) joins a 3rd rebel faction. After facing off with him (branching the story into an abrupt ending if you decide to kill him), you team up & go against all other nefarious partiess. At one point you break into earth orbit & take on a Zentradi mobile fortress, break into orbit & take on a soundjammer (missile lock breaker) equipped Macross, various Ghosts, and finally the Macross 13.

makes me wanna play it. can one do so, without knowing a word of japanese?

taksraven, do it all you want, i've nerfed my hand :p:lol:

is there no one there who's gonna post minmei slapping hikaru? now i can't remember if she ever did, actually...

but good sirs, that is no way to treat a lady!

wow 22 pages and counting ! I am not sure anyone mentions this before (I couldn't read all the 22 pages) but SDF-1 Macross was destroyed at the end game VFX-2 ! So how on earth did SDF-1 appear in Galia 4 ?

No, the Macross-13 was destroyed at the end of VF-X2. (I think we need to add this to the list of Macross Fallacies.)

I guess the game doesn't count?

*sigh*

Nobody reads anymore...

What do you mean???

pimphandsmall.gif

Taksraven

I could probably watch that gif 2000 more times and it wouldn't get old...

Anyway, episode 12.

*Ranka's moe-loli fang of Zentradi doom. WIN.

*Word seriously travels fast in the Macross universe if the 33rd fleet was already Ranka fanboys.

My theory, which you can laugh at all you want:

Major Ogatai says, "We've been making our culture for half a century." I think this involves creating a Culture amusement park, complete with a full-scale Macross replica. Sadly, this venture was doomed to failure due to the numerous space-fold faults. The tourists didn't come, and the park was abandoned.

Those Zentradi laid off from the park were desperate, until Sheryl's manager Grace contacted them with a business proposal: seize the reaction warheads, create a great fireworks show, and the Culture park might reopen.

What do you think, sirs? :p

Edited by Randalt

Thanks...I needed that.

Its okay what are friends for. Some of us can't read the Gubaba it is the Macross 13 that gets the ax on VFX2. I just want to know how the SDF-1 kinda just got there. Did David Copperfield go to Macross City make it poof then realize "Oh crap I actually did it... um but now I don't know how to get it back".