Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

When the Kamjin clone gets the call on his eye phone, just after the eyecatch, any idea who he is talking to?

Also, I get the feeling that the first time the Zentradi open fire on each other, they are missing on purpose.

Graham

(I think it would be more fun to have an Isamu cameo than a Global one....)

Why settle for just one? I'll be slightly pissed if we don't get some Plus homage over the course of the series. Wtb some info on Usamu and Myung as well as a cover of a Sharon Apple song.

Still, the Galaxy wouldn't leave her to waste away on that planet right?

Even if she is gutted inside, how hard could it be to tow her and retrofit her again?

not too hard i think, but maybe this is only a trap

When the Kamjin clone gets the call on his eye phone, just after the eyecatch, any idea who he is talking to?

Also, I get the feeling that the first time the Zentradi open fire on each other, they are missing on purpose.

Graham

Grace for sure

Edited by Xeros

Graham

I believe it was Grace letting him know what Alto was up to. That is how they caught him so fast. I got that impression anyway, it seemed he was talking to an informant of some type.

I voted Negative for this episode.

That "ATTACK" was too much for me. The Ending almost redeem the episode though.

Same here. First time I voted negative too, actually, the whole episode looked juvenile for me :( Or perhaps I should have voted at least neutral because the CG was very well done? (And no one seems to be commenting on it, bad quality just gets talked about more).

One thought that's may be worth another spoiler,

there is an episode named goodbye sister down the road, another four or five episodes, what if it turns out people are right, and Sheryl and Ranka are sister, and one of them -- would have to be Sheryl, buys the farm. Then the title -- goodbye sister makes sense right? So it wouldn't necessarily be an end of the road for Ozama

That was also what I thought, and the episode

title "Goodbye Sheryl" and this episode title were supposed to be reminiscent of each other for some reason, hence the similarity.

So the episode title "fastest delivery" referring to Michael delivering Ranka to Galia 4 in record time? :huh:

I had the "Don't worry! We have invented something that fixes just that, problem solved!" moment when Lucca said they were developing a fold booster like that. :(

eh? what's with the hiphop hand gesture though? :lol:

That's actually a rock hand gesture, right? The sign of the Beast?

(I think it would be more fun to have an Isamu cameo than a Global one....)

He's actually my favorite all-time Macross character, because he's interesting in his immaturity and all. I'd love to see more Mac+ nods in this series.

actually, that's "i love you" in sign language.

as far as the neo fold booster goes i have a feeling that that is the reason whoever was pulling the strings arranged the visit by sheryl. it was already planned out that sheryl would be kidnapped upon arrival at a location that was extremely close to frontier but almost completely blocked by fold dislocations. as wilder said, sounds kinda fishy. i get the feeling that they lured SMS and LAI to bring their new fold booster out to galia 4 on purpose. remember, the technology behind the new fold boosters is somehow tied to the purple crystals and the vajra.

I had the "Don't worry! We have invented something that fixes just that, problem solved!" moment when Lucca said they were developing a fold booster like that. :(

It would've been better if they showed some of this stuff even a few episodes ago, heck even Luca saying we working on something really big as a throwaway line in one episode. I know they implied that th material sheryl's earring can get past fold dislocations but even so...

And yes Isamu is also my fav Macross character, though tied with Max. As far as male leads goes he's way above everyone else.

It would've been better if they showed some of this stuff even a few episodes ago, heck even Luca saying we working on something really big as a throwaway line in one episode. I know they implied that th material sheryl's earring can get past fold dislocations but even so...

And yes Isamu is also my fav Macross character, though tied with Max. As far as male leads goes he's way above everyone else.

they did show it, watch the seen where the VF-27 takes off after them, it's clearly sporting the new fold booster.

well the only way the clone would have noticed that Alto bailed out is grace calling her. there were only three people there at the cell. On had an "onboard" cell phone in her head. the other ways like sick soI think it was sheryl's manager.

Graham

Ok I just saw the episode 10 minutes ago, but before anything else I would just like to get this out in the open by echoing the sentiments of Duke Togo after watching Episode 12..........

W T F

:blink:

The Macross in some far away planet? :huh:

Aside from that WTF moment, I really like this episode. ^_^

BTW, did any body get the Macross Plus homage when Alto entered the atmosphere? ^_^ That reminded me a lot of Isamu's infiltration of Earth's defenses. For a while there I even thought Brera would pop out from under some rubble ala Guld in Macross Plus. :ph34r:

And what the heck, I'm getting a very definite APHOS (from Macross Zero) vibe with that "thingy" lurking under water.

First thing's first, WTF at that ending! Sweet!

My guess is that the SDF-1's new location is a consequence of NUNS's formation. Thing is, I never played VF-X2, so I have no idea as to what people keep referring to when they talk about UNS's downfall. Anyone have a link to the game's summary?

That was also what I thought, and the episode

title "Goodbye Sheryl" and this episode title were supposed to be reminiscent of each other for some reason, hence the similarity.

Maybe they'll delve into the other sister who committed suicide.

for max effect, that could've continued on to the next scene with the explosions..

can't use it as an avatar though. love minmei too much.

actually, i can't seem to change my avatar AT ALL. don't know what's wrong. help?

Check where you're uploading it, you might be uploading it as your personal photo by misake and not your avatar (did that a couple of times myself).

Speaking of slap-happy avatars anyone got a .gif of the slap Sheryl gave Alto in episode 3 (complete with explosions)?

Anyone wondering what Grace is up to in all this?

She clearly tipped off the anti-culture faction about Alto escaping and making a run for his VF-25. Using the special fold booster was Luca's last minute idea, so Ranka showing up to save the day probably wasn't in her plans.

So, in that case, what did she want to happen? Considering the other faction was about to let loose with the big battleship guns when Ranka shows up to save the day...

I'm guessing that Brera reached the planet before Sheryl and Alto did, and was supposed to use the fighting as a distraction so that he could do his own poking around.

just so there is no misunderstanding: when i said sheryl was a class act, i did not mean she would just be acting that it's ok alto flies with ranka. rather i meant class act = A+ character, ie that she's mature and selfless enough not to deny alto his joy of flying despite it coming at the expense of losing out to a rival. sheryl must really have genuine feelings for alto...

and for that, i'm changing my avatar until we get to the next sheryl-on-top episode

Yeah, I understood that. It's just that it had to hurt. A LOT.

As far as waiting until the next "Sheryl-on-top episode" goes, based on the one-line plot summaries released so far,

It looks like you're going to be using the same avatar for a LONG time. The upcoming episodes don't look at all good for Sheryl.

Ranka for the Win ! Go Ranka-chan ! Altough I kinda feel sorry for Sheryl... not only Ranka sings while she could not, but she ended going to fly with Alto as well. But eck... that's just justice

Justice for who? Alto's the one that blew Ranka off without even a phonecall. Sheryl's been pretty nice to Ranka so far and hasn't got a thing to show for it except a new rival. Meanwhile, Ranka keeps trying to figure out how to catch Alto even though she's convinced that there's a relationship between Alto and Sheryl (there isn't, but Ranka seems to think there is).

I'm guessing that Brera reached the planet before Sheryl and Alto did, and was supposed to use the fighting as a distraction so that he could do his own poking around.

Well, he did seem to be using LAI's new fold booster, the one that could pass through fold dislocations with no problems, when he left Frontier.

Edited by d3v

from the gg script...

A first-generation Macross unexpectedly appears.

When that majestic figure awakens once again, Alto will witness the fate of the planet.

Next time: Memory of Global.

Resound through the galaxy, O song of tumult!

This version confuses even more the WTF-1 appearance

from the gg script...

A first-generation Macross unexpectedly appears.

When that majestic figure awakens once again, Alto will witness the fate of the planet.

Next time: Memory of Global.

Resound through the galaxy, O song of tumult!

This version confuses even more the WTF-1 appearance

I would say THE first generation Macross. I mean...how many were there? Just the one.

Grace doesn't have friends, she has pawns. B))

Too true...and to think that I really liked her at first. Sheryl throws a tantrum, Grace bows slightly to Cathy, and I thought, "Wow...Sheryl's kind of a b!tch, but her manager's cool."

What a difference eleven episodes make...

Yeah, I understood that. It's just that it had to hurt. A LOT.

As far as waiting until the next "Sheryl-on-top episode" goes, based on the one-line plot summaries released so far,

It looks like you're going to be using the same avatar for a LONG time. The upcoming episodes don't look at all good for Sheryl.

i would hazard, that all the hurt ranka's been through over several episodes is topped out by sheryl in just one.

i'm bracing myself for a sheryl drought, but as long as she wins in the end, i'll be happy. still have this nagging feeling she might go out moulin rouge style.

d3v, yeah i changed both the personal photo and the avatar (in the required pixel sizes) but still no dice. the updated avatar (sheryl looking longingly into the sunset) is showing in My Controls but not on the boards.

can someone please, please make an animated gif of that? even if i can't get use it as an avatar, at least i'll be able to look at it from time to time. <geez, i sound like a smitten teenager, but wth>

d3v, yeah i changed both the personal photo and the avatar (in the required pixel sizes) but still no dice. the updated avatar (sheryl looking longingly into the sunset) is showing in My Controls but not on the boards.

I see it, delete your browser's cache

i would hazard, that all the hurt ranka's been through over several episodes is topped out by sheryl in just one.

i'm bracing myself for a sheryl drought, but as long as she wins in the end, i'll be happy. still have this nagging feeling she might go out moulin rouge style.

can someone please, please make an animated gif of that? even if i can't get use it as an avatar, at least i'll be able to look at it from time to time. <geez, i sound like a smitten teenager, but wth>

For the record, I see your avatar as Sheryl staring into the sunset, so it does work. That problem happened to me for a while, before I changed to this pic of the VF-25G I had a different one of the G and at first it looked to me like it didn't change but in my controls it did. Eventually my avatar on my posts showed the updated picture. If refreshing the page doesn't work, close out your browser and come back and check. If not then maybe restart computer but I don't think you'll need to go that far, mine just took a little while.