Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Lets put it like this, a lot of people know what the USS Enterprise looks like in Star Strek. If you came across the same type of ship as the Enterprise (without seeing the name on it), what's the first thought going to be when you think about what to call this ship? You're going to call it the Enterprise.

While it's never been stated that there have been Macross class ships built to accompany the Megaroad colony fleets, it hasn't been stated that none were built. Macross Zero gave us the VF-0, which we never knew about before. It could very well be that Macross Frontier will give us Macross class ships based upon the original Macross.

We'll just have to wait and see.

There is the possibility that Sharon Apple is still alive in the central core of the SDF-1 and decided to take it for test drive. ^_^

OI!!!!!, I suggested that pages ago, stop stealing or I will call the cops......... :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

I'm going to stick with my theory that global took the actual SDF-1 out looking for the megaroad and was never heard from again so the UN SPACY made a replacement Macross and just made some story up about how global died of a broken heart and the crew brought the Macross back home and thats the ship we saw in Mac Plus.

Lets put it like this, a lot of people know what the USS Enterprise looks like in Star Strek. If you came across the same type of ship as the Enterprise (without seeing the name on it), what's the first thought going to be when you think about what to call this ship? You're going to call it the Enterprise.

While it's never been stated that there have been Macross class ships built to accompany the Megaroad colony fleets, it hasn't been stated that none were built. Macross Zero gave us the VF-0, which we never knew about before. It could very well be that Macross Frontier will give us Macross class ships based upon the original Macross.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Considering that there were several other ships in the cosntitution class that looked a lot like it, your analogy doesn't work at all. Things are pretty firm here:

-There was only "one" ship of this design built/completed

-They used the exact same ship, not a replica, in the filming of DYRL

-there's an 8 year gap between the end of VFX-2 & the beginning of Frontier, if something so major as to whipe away the U.N. Spacy happened, then moving the Macross is very likely. Hell, its even shown going up against some mystery mecha in the next ep preview.

And settle in kids, there's a very real possability that whatshisname VF-27 pilot would trash the Macross in the next ep. He's shifty NUNS guy's clean up go to, and he's seen going after Alto in hte next ep. Be prepaired! Maybe that mystery mecha is the same thing Ranka woke up in the ocean.

I'm as big a Macross fan as anyone, but come on, there's no reason for denial here, that ship in the next episode is clearly the freakin' Macross.

As many of our Japanese speakers have said it is still hard to tell if it means the first or not. Even people in Japan are in debat if it is to be read as first macross or first gen. So we should leave that debat til Thursday and then we can all say who was right and who was wrong.

Clearly the wording is meant to cause a "buzz" in the fan community.

BSG did it all the time with ambiguous previews that were meant to bring viewers back with their friends.

Brilliant marketing. Then again, a "song of the week" is also brilliant marketing-too bad Mac 7 didn't try that :rolleyes: !

Both Ranka & Alto recognized it as the Macross, why is this a discussion?

And this is the same universe that refers to all variable fighters as "Valkyries" when there was only one fighter called Valkyrie, the VF-1...

It looks like the original Macross, so they called it that. I could look at the Nimitz from a distance and call it the Enterprise, yet the ship is still the Nimitz, am I right to insist it is actually the "Enterprise" because it shares a similar sillouette?

That is why the discussion...

Edited by Zinjo

As many of our Japanese speakers have said it is still hard to tell if it means the first or not.

Earlier it was mentioned by Shun.

"Fear Shun...for he is many!" :p

I don't really think this is all that difficult...If a First Generation Macross ship was the original SDF-1 Macross, and the Megaroad-01 would be Second Generation, then how many Macross ships (of the same design as the SDF-1) were built between 2009 and 2012?

There's the never-completed SDF-2, and...?

Aside from just leaving it there, I don't see much other choice. What chance do you think there is that the Macross Quarter will fold in after a week, restart the ship, launch it, and tug it along with the Frontier fleet. Showing up there would cause some semi-major chaos. The meaning behind its destruction (if it does get destroyed that is) would be in the information that Alto & Ranka find out, as well as the events that lead it to rest there.

I can't wait to see how this series ends, you know it'll be epic.

Edited by Keith

Considering that there were several other ships in the cosntitution class that looked a lot like it, your analogy doesn't work at all. Things are pretty firm here:

-There was only "one" ship of this design built/completed

-They used the exact same ship, not a replica, in the filming of DYRL

-there's an 8 year gap between the end of VFX-2 & the beginning of Frontier, if something so major as to whipe away the U.N. Spacy happened, then moving the Macross is very likely. Hell, its even shown going up against some mystery mecha in the next ep preview.

And settle in kids, there's a very real possability that whatshisname VF-27 pilot would trash the Macross in the next ep. He's shifty NUNS guy's clean up go to, and he's seen going after Alto in hte next ep. Be prepaired! Maybe that mystery mecha is the same thing Ranka woke up in the ocean.

I'm as big a Macross fan as anyone, but come on, there's no reason for denial here, that ship in the next episode is clearly the freakin' Macross.

You forget the fact that what he is saying is achems razor. If you saw something that looked just like the macross you would instantly assume Macross. Plus the mystery mech you are talking about looks very similar to the Vajra. Are you telling me there is another set of creatures that look so similar? If that is the case then the Macross could have a twin. So next episode will prove us that yes it is the Macross or no SK screwed with our minds again and there was a secret ship we never knew about.

Aside from just leaving it there, I don't see much other choice. What chance do you think there is that the Macross Quarter will fold in after a week, restart the ship, launch it, and tug it along with the Frontier fleet. Showing up there would cause some semi-major chaos. The meaning behind its destruction (if it does get destroyed that is) would be in the information that Alto & Ranka find out, as well as the events that lead it to rest there.

Why not? Old or not, the Macross Canon is still a respectable weapon and just having the Macross in the fleet would be a huge morale booster.

Right now I am more and more convinced that Macross Frontier is going to be the end-all-be-all Macross series like the rumors said it was going to be before it aired...

First we had Macross Seven and Zero References...

Now Episode 12 brings us original Macross and DYRL ones (Tehmzin, Ohtogwhai, the SDF-1).

What's next...? Flashback 2012? The Megaroad???

With everything that's happened so far I wouldn't be surprised if we finally find out what happened to Hikaru, Misa and Minmay... ^_^

These are pretty exciting times to be a Macross fan... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I don't really think this is all that difficult...If a First Generation Macross ship was the original SDF-1 Macross, and the Megaroad-01 would be Second Generation, then how many Macross ships (of the same design as the SDF-1) were built between 2009 and 2012?

Yes, however the Megalord was considered a Macross Class ship, in the same entry as the SDF-1. The primary differences were the bridge and it's overall length which was 400m longer than the SDF-1.

The SDF-2 was completed, just not as a Battles Fortress. It was converted into a colonization ship, under Global's orders.

As for the fate of Global, he was installed as the UN Rep for the Eden system in 2014. He went into politics after Spacy.

Edited by Zinjo

unless the show ends with the galaxy finding the Protoculture and then all of humanity reaching enlightenment and dissolving into a giant see of ectoplasmic goo and we're left with a parting shot of Alto choking a catatonic Sheryl.... the door is always open for future sequels.

Yes, however the Megalord was considered a Macross Class ship.

The SDF-2 was completed, just not as a Battles Fortress. It was converted into a colonization ship, under Global's orders.

As for the fate of Global, he was installed as the UN Rep for the Eden system in 2014. He went into politics after Spacy.

And politicians never lie about secret weapons...

unless the show ends with the galaxy finding the Protoculture and then all of humanity reaching enlightenment and dissolving into a giant see of ectoplasmic goo and we're left with a parting shot of Alto choking a catatonic Sheryl.... the door is always open for future sequels.

LOL.

Kawamori will alway leave doors open, he likes leaving more mysteries than the answers he gives. ;)

Yes, however the Megalord was considered a Macross Class ship.

I'm still weirded out by this whole Megalord/Megaroad thing...

And yes, the SDF-2 was completed, but it wasn't the SDF-2 anymore. Nor did it end up looking anything like the SDF-1...

I would be heartbroken if the Macross gets taken out in some meaningless fight just for shock value.

Agreed. One of the many reasons why MII also sucked.

Also, the Macross is a very important part of the UN Spacy. It's presence is symbolic, a memory of the ship that brought together both races in the first interstellar war. If it were to disappear, I wouldn't be surprised if the governments were to fall apart.

we just refuse to believe that our beloved Macross could be left marooned on some backwater planet, listing in some pathetic lagoon.

Correct. Maybe it was put there for its own safety? Or maybe it is the Vajra hive??

Taksraven

maybe it is the Vajra hive??

Taksraven

Then it must have been put there for humanity's safety!!!! :unsure:

Perhaps that's where the SDF crystals and the Vajra eggs are produced... Tehmzin was protecting Grace's faction operation there... Maybe the Vajra Queen eats SD Energy and converts it into crystals... After all, the SDF energy that powered the shield of the original SDF-1 (created after the Fold system dissapeared) may be still inside the ship... :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I'm still weirded out by this whole Megalord/Megaroad thing...

And yes, the SDF-2 was completed, but it wasn't the SDF-2 anymore. Nor did it end up looking anything like the SDF-1...

Well it retained it's designation as an SDF, but you are right in that it was not a battle fortress anymore when it launched.

I am of the opinion that the Ep 13 title is in reference to Global's final decision as Supreme Commander of Spacy to re-initiate the SDF program as additional defence for the Megaroad colonization fleets. Hence making them the pre-cursors to the NMCs.

However, we'll have to wait until thursday to find out one way or another.

I am of the opinion that the Ep 13 title is in reference to Global's final decision as Supreme Commander of Spacy to re-initiate the SDF program as additional defence for the Megaroad colonization fleets. Hence making them the pre-cursors to the NMCs.

Highly unlikely given the scarce resources the U.N. Spacy had after Space War I ended that also led to smaller ship development. What do you think was the reason for all those Guantanamo class carriers? :rolleyes:

Memory of Global refers to a memorial in honor of Bruno J. Global... in this case the SDF-1...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Is because of the color of the glass in their helmets' face plates... It's green... just like the glass in NUNS helmets is orange and the SMS helmets have it violet.

Nah i don't think thats the reason, they looked green even without their visors on especially the commander and his advisor

Edited by vanpang

Nah i don't think thats the reason, they looked green even without their visors on especially the commander and his advisor

Well, maybe is also because they are genetically engineered or belong to a different variety. The original animated TV series also had a grey skinned variety (Warera, Vrlitwhai), a violet skinned one (Quamzin, Folmo) and regular colored ones (Milia, Lap Lamiz, Konda, Rori). The green skinned ones come from DYRL...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

lol... this is embarrassing :lol::p

first, let me say i'm far from being fluent in (any) languages :D esp Japanese. but in this case, i'm 100% sure that the exact words used are not indicative of a SPECIFIC ship... first generation can mean the SDF-1 itself and it can mean a whole bunch of ships from the same class. (gosh this is getting repetitive? :p)

second, i believe it was cyde01 who's the first to mention and explained it in this very thread. others have mentioned it too, including a subber (creamyhorror: link).

everyone just calm down... and wait for next ep... :lol:

:ph34r:

EDIT:

Edited by Shun

valhary

chowyunskinny

Thanks for those SDF-1 pics.

am still looking for pics from other series such as 2012, M+...

It might be. It's been a while since the episode 7 battle, so it's possible that the LAI scientists have managed to use Luca's scan data to come up with the new booster. My theory was that they got it off of the VF-27 blueprints that Leon received. But reverse engineering it from Luca's scan data is also a possibility.

i dont think vf-27 had the new fold booster technology. it probably was using the old fold technology for its internal booster thats why it had to load up the new fold booster this episode.