Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode threads:

Episode 6: "Bye Bye Sheryl" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse" + "SMS Team Song: That Girl's an Alien" (Macross Radio rip)

Episode 7: "First Attack"

Episode 8: "High School Queen"

Episode 9: "Friendly Fire" + OST vol. 1

Episode 10: "Legend of Zero" + OST vol. 1

Episode 11: "Missing Birthday" + Seikan Hikou" (Megumi Nakajima/Ranka Lee debut single)

Guidelines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Veoh.com (formerly Stage6) or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 12-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: Available: 480x270 WMV (at least their honest about the quality), 1280x720 AVI, x264+AAC 16:9 1440x1080 MP4, 704x396 DivX AVI, 704x396 h264 AVI,
  • Subtitled:

• Chinese: RMVB 840x480
    • English: [Chihiro] h264 MKV + XviD AVI, [gg] MKV + .ASS + [modified GG] 1440x1080 h264 aac MKV, [Lunar] 1280x720 MKV + 704x400 AVI
    • Spanish: [WZF] X264-AAC 848x480 MP4

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Thread and poll opens at Thursday (6/26), 12:29PM EST/9:29AM PST (25:29 JST)

Few Notes

-[Chihiro] and [gg] host their own .ASS subtitle scripts on their respective sites for those of you who don't want to download the episode twice. You can find links to their sites on the first post.

- Keyhole and TVU Player may or may not broadcast the MBS broadcast of Frontier all the time. It really depends on who is streaming the video (streaming is normally done by regular users). It's really hit-or-miss.

Lastly, CC recommends you go eat something (like Pzza Hut) while you wait for the HQ raws.

ccpizzasmallpu5.jpg

Few Notes

-[Chihiro] and [gg] host their own .ASS subtitle scripts on their respective sites for those of you who don't want to download the episode twice. You can find links to their sites on the first post.

- Keyhole and TVU Player may or may not broadcast the MBS broadcast of Frontier all the time. It really depends on who is streaming the video (streaming is normally done by regular users). It's really hit-or-miss.

Lastly, CC recommends you go eat something (like Pzza Hut) while you wait for the HQ raws.

Isn't this episode delayed by a week? Women's volleyball or something, right?

LAI developed fold booster, with the ability to travel through fold faults? Purple stone technology? The same booster the VF-27 was seen using as it exited the LAI hanger at the end of the last episode?

Edited by Duke Togo

VF-25 cockpit can be configured to dual seater? Interesting.

For this episode Ranka 1 - Sheryl 0. Go go Ranka

WTF...SDF-1 Macross ruins?????

Edited by Morpheus

QFT, can't wait for next episode, I demand some answer, until then good night everyone.

seconded. A big WTF indeed.

OK it seems to have the ARMD carriers from the next ep preview....but anyone got any idea WTF was that? Is it what we think it is?

You know, I've forgotten how much fun Zentraedi are. Macross has really missed them since SDFM and DYRL. Hopefully we'll get more of the fun that they can be like in this episode.

The plot twist at the end was also totally unexpected.

Nevertheless, I was reminded quite a number of times in this episode of scenes from Macross Zero, Plus and even SDFM! I'm refering here to VF's in flight. The end credits was a total flashback to that of SDFM!

I'm guessing the "monument" disappeared sometime between 7 and Frontier or was kidnapped by rogue Zents or it suddenly came alive again and folded out of earth.....i think its the real deal.

SDF 1 MACROSS?!

Erm... Yay?

Highly unlikely. Unless if we're dealing with alternative universes. Unlikely in that the SDF-1 was last seen parked on Earth in Macross city (Macross Plus).

Of course, it could be a lead into an explanation of why the UNS changed to the NUNS (one explanation of why the SDF-1 isn't where we last parked it.) The other option is something that I believe Kresphy posted way back before the Deculture version of episode 1 aired - a time/space something or other occured, causing a fault in space. Reality was split, and combined some time before the start of MF, thus depositing the SDF-1 where we see it? (Perhaps even explaining those fold disruptions in the process? Wish, wish.)

Edited by sketchley

Highly unlikely. Unless if we're dealing with alternative universes. Unlikely in that the SDF-1 was last seen parked on Earth in Macross city (Macross Plus).

Of course, it could be a lead into an explanation of why the UNS changed to the NUNS (one explanation of why the SDF-1 isn't where we last parked it.) The other option is something that I believe Kresphy posted way back before the Deculture version of episode 1 aired - a time/space something or other occured, causing a fault in space. Reality was split, and combined some time before the start of MF, thus depositing the SDF-1 where we see it? (Perhaps even explaining those fold disruptions in the process? Wish, wish.)

I certainly hope this isn't the case though it explains a few things:

1.) why VF-171 is the main fighter now

2.) why Triangular was the song that won Space War I (rather that DYRL? or KyunKyun)

I certainly hope this isn't the case though it explains a few things:

1.) why VF-171 is the main fighter now

2.) why Triangular was the song that won Space War I (rather that DYRL? or KyunKyun)

Watashi No Kare Wa Pairoto wa the opening song of the Minmay attack... but I figure Ai Wa Nagareu would be the most iconic part of the attack, not Pilot or Shao Pai Long.

wolfx where does it state that Triangular won Space War 1?

Which episode?

The liner notes in the NyanFuro CD...though i think we should just take it with a pinch of salt. ^_^