Macross Frontier Episode 12 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 12  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 12 Rating

• Positive (Zentradi! Deculture!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Pixie Squad is the only Zentradi-love I need)

I was thinking the same but how lost would the fleet have to be for them to get that confused. Plus Earth is the third planet so their numbering would be off.

the numbering could be correct.

Sun = Galia 1

Earth = 3rd planet so Galia 4

but then Luca explains that Galia 4 has the same side facing its sun all the time (rotation = revolution around the star), so it will be impossible for Earth to change its rotational speed so drastically without huge impact on the atmosphere n such.

I love crazy theory time... Let's just say the SDF-1 did another crazy mis-fold... only this time, it took the whole planet with it. ^_^ So, the planet really IS Earth, but relocated to a different star system. (please ignore the fact that the city around the SDF-1 is now missing :lol:)

I can't wait to see this explained really... I guess depending on how the SDF-1 disappeared, Global may still be alive. If he happened to be aboard, imagine how much time distortion would be involved in such a long distance fold. He may have only aged a few years in the time since he left. Which gives me another interesting thought.. the fold engines of the SDF-1 were not human built, and not completely understood. What if the originals never had problems with fold dislocations, and this was a flaw in the human reverse engineering process?

On the licensing front though.. If they really intended to remove most references to the original Macross to simplify a transfer to the US market, that boat may have just been blown out of the water, as soon as the SDF-1 appeared. The SDFM references have been pretty low key up to now, but there's no way they can hide the connection anymore.

Edited by Chronocidal

On the licensing front though.. If they really intended to remove most references to the original Macross to simplify a transfer to the US market, that boat may have just been blown out of the water, as soon as the SDF-1 appeared. The SDFM references have been pretty low key up to now, but there's no way they can hide the connection anymore.

I hadn't thought about that, good point. They might as well have waved a big flag with the UN Spacy logo on it. Dunno why they had the Zentradi with a different symbol though. (different fleets maybe).

I don't know why HG is so precious about so much Macross stuff these days since most (ie pretty much all ) of the designs in The Shadow Chronicles were based on Mospeada ones anyway. (Better stop talking about this subject now before the mods get annoyed, a bit taboo this)

Taksraven

just watched chihiro (3rd viewing of this ep now) and.... cinderella ranka?!

well i backtracked and i believe i could make out cinderella in there somewhere.

a few more random musings:

- those dance steps kinda grow on you. kinda catchy. wonder how much it was inspired from haruhi suzumiya?

- if helen was the face that launched a thousand ships, ranka's is the fanged smile that dropped a thousand guns

- i wonder why luca would wear pants to work, but shorts to school

- amazing how those flight helmets are able to contain even the wildest hairdo. wonder if it pops off when ranka gets excited?

- clincher would be how bobby would cram his 'fro in there

yeah... it's a boring friday night. stupid gig got cancelled <_<

just watched chihiro (3rd viewing of this ep now) and.... cinderella ranka?!

well i backtracked and i believe i could make out cinderella in there somewhere.

a few more random musings:

- those dance steps kinda grow on you. kinda catchy. wonder how much it was inspired from haruhi suzumiya?

- if helen was the face that launched a thousand ships, ranka's is the fanged smile that dropped a thousand guns

- i wonder why luca would wear pants to work, but shorts to school

- amazing how those flight helmets are able to contain even the wildest hairdo. wonder if it pops off when ranka gets excited?

- clincher would be how bobby would cram his 'fro in there

yeah... it's a boring friday night. stupid gig got cancelled <_<

Bobby's fro? That's nothing. Did you see Canaria and her hair in ep 7?

You know, the Macross showing up here totally covers over the fact that this episode is pretty convoluted. I've watched it a few times now, and I still have no clue WTF was going on with those Zentradi.

I think their just war freaks... too much violece in their heads. I think its a psychological disorder or something ^_^

Few Notes

-[Chihiro] and [gg] host their own .ASS subtitle scripts....

I've just read this inappropriately and it sounded funny :lol:

Edited by LadyLuck®

Well that was a very good episode !

Ranka for the Win ! Go Ranka-chan ! :D Altough I kinda feel sorry for Sheryl... not only Ranka sings while she could not, but she ended going to fly with Alto as well. But eck... that's just justice :p

I must say I expected more action from this episode... but Michel flying in with Sound Boosters and Ranka singing along was just one glorious Macross 7 moment ! BOMBER ! :lol:

So LAI developped a prototype Fold Booster that go throush Fold Disruption... what I find interesting is that the Vajra battleship seemed to use a similar stuff - could LAI just have reversed enginered the VF27 to get this ?

Funny how we had "clones" of Breetai, Exedore and Kamjin in the Zentrandi Corps :lol:

Is that me of this strange "eye" that crashed Alto & Ranka, was very reminiscent of the Bird Human from Zero ?

And indeed : WTF about the ending :blink: WTH is the Macross doing there ? Of course the last time we saw it was almost 20 years before, so a lot could have happend since then... but WTF indeed :blink: (And I feel it would really be a copout if it isn't actually THE Macross)

-Sergorn

Yeah WTF SDF1 indeed.

I think this episode got some last minute edit. We saw a scene with VF-27 with fold-pack in the last preview, but not in this episode. The next episode title "Memory of Global" is totally different from "Twilight Planet" which was listed on anime magazines. I think they originally planned to have the VF-25 power lost and SDF-1 discover scene at the beginning of ep 13, but found that it made a great cliffhanger so they removed the VF-27 scene and a few others to fit this in. Also without the power lost, Alto and Ranka's flight scene will just flow naturally into the ED theme.

Now the SDF-1 situation...

The last time "we" saw SDF-1 was in Macross Plus at 2040, and according to compendium it was already repaired in 2012. Macross Frontier time is 2059 so they can launch it between that time and the warp drive gone stupid again. A war ship sitting inside a city is rather ineffective anyway, unless it can extend a shield covering the whole city, and I doubt anyone want to use the old shield again.

"Memory of Global" huh? Global was already 46 years old at Macross TV time, around year 2009. He would be really old as a guest on SDF-1, if it is launched after 2040 for some long range mission. May be he really miss Misa and pulled a lot of strings to get his old ship to go looking for them?

I love crazy theory time... Let's just say the SDF-1 did another crazy mis-fold... only this time, it took the whole planet with it. ^_^ So, the planet really IS Earth, but relocated to a different star system. (please ignore the fact that the city around the SDF-1 is now missing :lol:)

I can't wait to see this explained really... I guess depending on how the SDF-1 disappeared, Global may still be alive. If he happened to be aboard, imagine how much time distortion would be involved in such a long distance fold. He may have only aged a few years in the time since he left. Which gives me another interesting thought.. the fold engines of the SDF-1 were not human built, and not completely understood. What if the originals never had problems with fold dislocations, and this was a flaw in the human reverse engineering process?

Actually, there was never a problem with understanding the fold technology, or any of the systems on the Macross. The problem with the fold enignes, & all other systems on the ship, were caused when the boobytrap re-activated the ships original systems/computers, and they conflicted with the newer human stuff. Listen carefully to Global's recounting of events in Global Report.

And like I said, if VFX-2 is still canon, then the last time we saw the m Macross would be 2051.

I think that the compendium says that the wreckage of ASS-2 found in SDFM was later search for in the same coordinates and it wasn't there anymore and was never found again

damn...Sheryl needs to be nearly incapacitated for Ranak to get a chance with Alto...cheap shot...

O_O This was one of the best episodes! Absolutely fantastic, and great new music, too!

Also...

How the hell did the SDF-1 land on that planet?! The last time we saw it was in Mac Plus...

This is the kind of adventures I love, to

explore nostalgic locations which are now nothing more than ruins. Spooky thought as to what might still be lurking within the SDF-1.

:lol:

Love the ending, very poetic and emotional.

Why should they?

They own the rights to everything but the animated show. They can recycle any designs they like.

They didn't hide the Macross in Plus or Mac II so a precedent has already been set. The only sticking point is the TM of the name and BW could dispute that anytime they want or simply rename the franchise in the West.

Though with the various retcon changes they've made to this series to minimize any legal claims (though HG has almost none), the implication that the disputed SDFM series could be relegated to a "TV Drama", along with partnering with Bandai who has a strong presence in the Western market, Bandai Visual who now has a US subsidiary, and the anime favorable Bluray region coding gives me the impression that a possible run on the Western market could be planned.

Why should they?

They own the rights to everything but the animated show. They can recycle any designs they like.

They didn't hide the Macross in Plus or Mac II so a precedent has already been set. The only sticking point is the TM of the name and BW could dispute that anytime they want or simply rename the franchise in the West.

Though with the various retcon changes they've made to this series to minimize any legal claims (though HG has almost none), the implication that the disputed SDFM series could be relegated to a "TV Drama", along with partnering with Bandai who has a strong presence in the Western market, Bandai Visual who now has a US subsidiary, and the anime favorable Bluray region coding gives me the impression that a possible run on the Western market could be planned.

Well, as long as they make a mention of Admiral Rick Hunter and call that ship the wrecked SDF-2, I'm sure that'll solve all the continuity problems. :lol:

Oh, they also should tie in Zor, and the Robotech masters, hell, the Vajra can be the evolved Invids.... and doesn't Stick... I mean Scott Bernard look a lot like Leon? Besides, it makes sense right, this is why Admiral Rick Hunter never made it back to Earth, he crashed on Galia IV.... All hands killed and all that.

Chihiro subs 8:35

Wilder: "but this would be too beneficial for the enemies... just like..."

Cathy: "Just like?"

Wilder: "nevermind"

I wonder what Wilder's referring to...

Maybe an incident that happened on earth with the UN Spacy that had to be swept under the rug.

Crikey was that one awesome ep though. The fight with Temjin sucked, but the rest was good.

I think that the compendium says that the wreckage of ASS-2 found in SDFM was later search for in the same coordinates and it wasn't there anymore and was never found again

damn...Sheryl needs to be nearly incapacitated for Ranak to get a chance with Alto...cheap shot...

Wait wait wait...

ASS-2???

Did I miss something somewhere...?

you are blind

like Stevie Wonder

is not macross. is not afos.

show me the proof

i won't believe it if you no show the proof

you are screwing me

and the ending song is worst ever. jap girls can't sing.

(Sorry...I spontaneously started channelling... ;) )

LMMFAO! :ph34r:

I have a weird feeling that Galia 4 is a safehouse of sorts. If there was a civil war in the UN, the Macross would be a prized target. What if it was dumped off there for safe keeping (and possibly forgotten)? It seems that the base may have also been some sort of ammo dump for the reaction weaponry.

Something odd is definitely up, and I don't want to speculate too much more until we see what the writers have in store. It looks like the Macross flies again in ep 13. God, I hope it goes into ass-kicking mode.

I have a weird feeling that Galia 4 is a safehouse of sorts. If there was a civil war in the UN, the Macross would be a prized target. What if it was dumped off there for safe keeping (and possibly forgotten)? It seems that the base may have also been some sort of ammo dump for the reaction weaponry.

Crap, the Ark of the Covenant is there too, isn't it?

Well, as long as they make a mention of Admiral Rick Hunter and call that ship the wrecked SDF-2, I'm sure that'll solve all the continuity problems. :lol:

Oh, they also should tie in Zor, and the Robotech masters, hell, the Vajra can be the evolved Invids.... and doesn't Stick... I mean Scott Bernard look a lot like Leon? Besides, it makes sense right, this is why Admiral Rick Hunter never made it back to Earth, he crashed on Galia IV.... All hands killed and all that.

we don't need no dick chaser/hunter. :angry:

Wait wait wait...

ASS-2???

Did I miss something somewhere...?

huh? u didn't watch SDFM TV? the ep where Misa n guys went looking for the satellite factory via Breetai's ship... they found a Supervision Army ship which is the same make as the SDF-1 before it was modified (ASS-1)... so... this mysterious ship is ASS-2

Edited by Shun

woa...I was thinking about how convenient it was for Ranka to arrived to save the day and just remembered something

folding was difficult cause of the fold dislocation making a regular folding take about a day, right?, and for the people outside the fold it would be a week, but, as seen in episode 7, messages are also delayed due to the fold dislocation, when the Vajra attacked Galaxy it took 5 days for their message to arrived to Frontier, right? so how come news of Sheryl captured by crazy zents reached so quickly at Frontier for them to miraculously take a magic foldildo out of Leon ass and reach Gallia 4 so just in time...

please someone explain this to me

Edited by Valkyrie addict

huh? u didn't watch SDFM TV? the ep where Misa n guys went looking for the satellite factory via Breetai's ship... they found a Supervision Army ship which is the same make as the SDF-1 before it was modified (ASS-1)... so... this mysterious ship is ASS-2

Ah. Now I understand. Thanks. For some reason, I thought the previous poster meant something that crashed on earth...

woa...I was thinking about how convenient it was for Ranka to arrived to save the day and just remembered something

folding was difficult cause of the fold dislocation making a regular folding take about a day, right?, and for the people outside the fold it would be a week, but, as seen in episode 7, messages are also delayed due to the fold dislocation, when the Vajra attacked Galaxy it took 5 days for their message to arrived to Frontier, right? so how come news of Sheryl captured by crazy zents reached so quickly at Frontier for them to miraculously take a magic foldildo out of Leon ass and reach Gallia 4 so just in time...

please someone explain this to me

its possible that Alto and Sheryl were captured for 2 days local time (time for the message to reach Frontier from Galia 4) before Ranka arrived.

its possible that Alto and Sheryl were captured for 2 days local time (time for the message to reach Frontier from Galia 4) before Ranka arrived.
If Chihiro is on point the communications lag was only 2 hours.

They had a communications relay satellite set up like in episode 7.

If Chihiro is on point the communications lag was only 2 hours.

They had a communications relay satellite set up like in episode 7.

oh yeah, you're right. i forgot that part... (Leon was reporting to the president about the 127min lag and the relay)

:ph34r:

which brings us to the question of how the Dulfim and Kaitos survived 5(?) days of vajra attack... the question has always been on my mind...

Edited by Shun