Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Another piece that came off my Prime during transformation was his left foot - when I turned his foot and the connection at the ankle gave way.

I've noticed that can be a slight problem with MPC. The heavy die cast chest of Convoy makes the sockets in the ankles tend to lean foward. :blink:

Yeah, I was able to put the head back on, but it takes a significant amount more preasure to put it on than it does to "pop" it off. It scares me when I do it because I keep thinking the ball joint is going to break off :huh:

And I have that same problem with the A-stance as well; I'll have to find another pose for him :angry:

-1s.

Prime's head is nice and tight on mine. I've taken it off one or twice, to take a close look at it, but it took quite a bit of force to do so.

You might notice there is a metal pin that goes into the "neck" piece that the head snaps onto...(visible in truck mode...) Not sure how far it goes in but it might reinforce that ball on the end of the neck. In any case, it doesn't seem like something that would be scarily easy to break to me. Seems quite sturdy.

Aside from the front leaning problem, there's also another problem I've noticed. Prime cannot achieve a relaxed standing A-stance that we all see on the picture of Takara's box. The best I can manage is a more dynamic semi-straddling A-stance.

I had the same problem, but I noticed that Prime can hold that A-stance a lot better if you move his legs forward and to the side at the hip.

Only at Macrossworld can I do a size comparison photo, pay homage to the old Super Friends cartoon, and come to the complete realization that I need to stop using my digital camcorder for still shots and get a real digital still camera...

No big issues with my Prime, although I now am thankful Yamato went without die cast for their 1/48 as Optimus does have some serious balancing issues (which will probably get worse at the feet/ankles weaken).

post-26-1074057792.jpg

I had the same problem, but I noticed that Prime can hold that A-stance a lot better if you move his legs forward and to the side at the hip.

Yup, that's exactly how I pose him now. Will need to buy the cowboy a similar scale MLP. :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

Only at Macrossworld can I do a size comparison photo, pay homage to the old Super Friends cartoon, and come to the complete realization that I need to stop using my digital camcorder for still shots and get a real digital still camera...

No big issues with my Prime, although I now am thankful Yamato went without die cast for their 1/48 as Optimus does have some serious balancing issues (which will probably get worse at the feet/ankles weaken).

"Chief got his teepee back" :lol::p

That THAT refrence, David. B))

Edit: NM... didn't read Yosho's post... <_<

Edited by GreenGuy42

Reminds me of Machine Robo... when Rom goes to armor level 3 :p

I think I am the only one who has not posted in this thread.

Prime has no doorknobs... :p

...but will he settle for a door handle? I think Prime has two of those.

I don't know if Prime is worthy of my "Knighthood ritual for doorknobs" or whatever you want to call it. :lol:

I think I am the only one who has not posted in this thread.

Prime has no doorknobs... :p

...but will he settle for a door handle? I think Prime has two of those.

I don't know if Prime is worthy of my "Knighthood ritual for doorknobs" or whatever you want to call it. :lol:

[ghetto]

OH! You did not JUST GO there, nuh uh!! -snap-

[/ghetto]

:ph34r:

Should be around $105 after shipping if you get one from Tam.

so do I :lol:

Blue vs clear is JP vs US, I believe. No Prime actually matches the Takara box/manual. (I wish it did, I like the *silver-painted* legs much better than silvery plastic legs)

I would also like to see them compared, someone please? And does any one know which one is better to get the JP or the US versions?

Comparisons can be seen here at this web site: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act179/

CONVOY'S COMING!! CONVOY'S COMING!!!

For those who preordered through Blasto like myself, check your email accounts. Cause his shipment has arrived and he's shippin them out!

*Hums melody to Convoy by C.W. McCall*

WOO-HOO!! FIVE DAYS, MOFO!! FIVE DAYS!!!

Edited by JRock