Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Mine should arrive next week :D

Cant'wait, can't wait, cant'wait... :lol:

what ratings would you peeps give to it's joints and fits? :)

(BTW are those metal wires? :blink: )

Leg and waist joints are racheted, all clicks into place. Joints are stiff enough. Smokestacks bend to accomodate the movement of the arms. Air vents on the legs opens up when the feet are pushed up.

The only thing I can see giving in in the long run is the back area which hides the head, it is only tolerance that is keeping it stable. Possible paint chipping on the gray paint on the sides, specially when you pull it out to bring down the tires. The other thing to watch for is the joint that you push to set it back to truck or robot mode, the metal connects to plastic. Lastly you might encounter the hole in Prime's right ear, it is not a defect :)

With those in mind it is still the best toy I got this year, heavy, huge, and poseable. I've transformed it numerous times and still no signs of wear and tare.

Edited by Otaru Ikari

what ratings would you peeps give to it's joints and fits? :)

(BTW are those metal wires? :blink: )

Leg and waist joints are racheted, all clicks into place. Joints are stiff enough. Smokestacks bend to accomodate the movement of the arms. Air vents on the legs opens up when the feet are pushed up.

The only thing I can see giving in in the long run is the back area which hides the head, it is only tolerance that is keeping it stable. Possible paint chipping on the gray paint on the sides, specially when you pull it out to bring down the tires. The other thing to watch for is the joint that you push to set it back to truck or robot mode, the metal connects to plastic. Lastly you might encounter the hole in Prime's right ear, it is not a defect :)

With those in mind it is still the best toy I got this year, heavy, huge, and poseable. I've transformed it numerous times and still no signs of wear and tare.

Lol i see on other galleries they included 2 plastic caps... so that's what they are for... :)

TOMORROW might be the day when my MPConvoy arrives!!!

I have been checking the UPS update every single day to see where it is at. :lol: LOL. It is now within a couple cities range, so should be here by tomorrow. YAY!!! I haven't been anticipating a TF toy this much for a long time...........actually.....ever in my life. :ph34r:

I can't wait for mine. I can't wait for mine. I can't wait for mine.

.........my MPConvoy didn't show up today. :( It was sitting in a UPS warehouse less than 20 miles away, yet I waited the entire day (just happen to be staying home) but still no UPS truck showed up... :(

I guess there is always hope for tomorrow. :unsure: Man, I haven't been anticipating for the UPS truck like this for a very long time. What a torture. :blink:

Wow it's so big even truckers would consider buying it.. :blink:

But guys, do you have opinions about the armpit connection? It supposed to be a sidewindow? Do you think they could have made that section look better or not? :)

Yeah, the truck mode suffers a bit more than the car modes in the Binaltech/Alternators line, but man oh man is the robot mode schweet.

Just got mine today... A full 2 weeks earlier than expected. Some initial thoughts:

1) Transformation is easier than it seems, which is a nice bonus.

2) Paint chipping should be minimal as there really isn't any major parts sraping against each other.

It's big, looks cool, and it's worth every Yen! I might even get a North American version too...

Yeah the truck version suffers very minimally. It's kinda funny how they put that seat in the middle. I can't figure out how to take off that mask. Not that I want it off, but knowing it comes off makes me want to pry it off....

What's Optimus doing talking to Starscream? :unsure:

I got the TOUCH! I got the POWER!! YAY!!!!! :lol:

Finally arrived. And I am still in awe... This toy is simply amazing. Too amazing. The way the hands retracts with the flip out panel, genius! Now that I have my hands on it, I wonder why Hasbro needs to shortened the smokestacks. The toy is so heavy, they should first worry about if any kids start using these bashing people's or babies' heads! I even pinched the skin of my hand a little by accident when transforming it the first time. To market this thing to kids, I really don't know.... <_<

There are a couple things that may worry me. The waist joint that flip the torso backwards when transforming to truck mode seems very sturdy when new, but don't know how well it wears after numerous of transformation. Since the upper torso has a lot of weight, it would be real bad for that waist joint to get loose, turning MPConvoy to Floppy Convoy. I also wish that the front/back rotation ratchet joints of the hips are stronger. Its very strong rotating sideways, but not so when rotating front to back. As the legs are very heavy, there are moments that the joints can't hold the pose well when I was trying to pose some action poses. It is by no means loose at all, but somehow not as strong. The sideway hip & the knee joints are really strong & sturdy, same as the rotating waist. And love all those hydraulics too, even have some on the wrists. Also, wish the hand can hold the guns a little more firm, as they fall off kind of easy since no tabs or pegs to lock down the handle. But overall, this is a VERY awesome toy. Transformers were never among my most favorite pieces in my robot collection, but this MPConvoy might change it all. A masterpiece no less.

My wait has ended :D

Hey Everyone

Could someone please post in the different places where to buy the Takare version online?

-Jin

Tam has the Takara version.

Got my Takara version from Tamin today. Three words: W O W

This thing is awesome. The feet even have "suspension" so that you can pose the legs in semi-awkward positions without him toppling over. The only problem I have seen so far is that the Megatron gun doesn't sit quite right in his hand even with the handle extended. The stock gets in the way.

One question for other owners out there - what is the purpose of the flaps on the waist? I am guessing they are there to allow access to the screws underneath, but do they serve some other purpose?

Aw MAN.. I missed the Hasbro release at KB toys by a matter of minutes....

...the guy said he had six in this morning, and they were all sold out by about three.... was there at 3:45.....

:o:angry::(<_<

Fo real?!?!

Dammit!! Still haven't seen Alternators in Delaware!!

I'm tired of waiting!! :angry:

This has got to be the best transforming toy ever as far as design and aestethics. I still love the 1/48 first and foremost but that's because I'm biased by decades of being a fan and let's face it, it's based on a jet not a semi truck. But the MP Convoy is a tough as a Bandai 1/55 and looks as good as a 1/48. I'm not a big TF fan (I watched the originals once when it was originally aired) but I'm a fan of great toys and this is definitely one great one.

One question for other owners out there - what is the purpose of the flaps on the waist? I am guessing they are there to allow access to the screws underneath, but do they serve some other purpose?

Which flaps are you referring, the one with the grill or is it the flaps that goes at the back on robot mode the one that covers the sides when on truck mode?

I noticed something weird on my MP Convoy. Are they ALL supposed to have an exposed right antenna (where you can see the silver screw)?

Or was there a blue piece there to cover it up?

EDIT: Never mind. I've been looking around online. They all have that exposed area. :p

:blink:

post-26-1072899685_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

I never would’ve imagined that just getting this thing mailed to me would be so frustrating!

First I had no EMS tracking for 9 days and then I had to go through 3 days of knowing he was only a few miles away from me. My MPOP was supposed to arrive on Saturday but I was out when the mailman came, I live in a gated community and so the mailman can't come to my doorstep. So I thought I could just use that orange ticket that they leave you to go pick him up on Monday. Two more days of torture followed. I went to pick him up at the post-office on Monday but the clerk told me to go back to try to catch the mailman because he was attempting redelivery. I had a gut feeling that he was attempting the redelivery while I was at the post-office, and sure enough I just missed him and so another orange ticket. I go back to the post-office on Tuesday and I half expected that the clerk would tell me to do the same thing. YUP, had to go play tag again and of course I just missed him, AGAIN!! So I called to tell them to hold it for me because I wasn’t sure if they would deliver today and I went back to the post-office and now I finally have my long awaited X-mas present (from myself, to myself heh heh).

All I can say is, THIS F^CKER IS PERFECT!!! And just like that, the ordeal I went through is nothing compared to the joy I am feeling of finally having a long awaited toy.

What a great way to bring in the New Year… Things are looking up for next year.

post-26-1072904591_thumb.jpg

Edited by GDomino