Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

What about Luca's use of the Ghost Fighter as his unmanned recon jets he controls? I thought those where also Macross Plus references.

Talks about Ghost, they appear quite early in this series, as they're used by NUNS to scout the Vajra soon after the Radome equipped VF-171 was taken down in the Deculture Edition of episode 1. That's the second reference of Macross Plus, btw. :p

If Ranka starts freaking out crying and starts calling out "ni-ni", I'm going to have a fit. And not a happy fit either.

With the appearance of the VF-0A and VF-0D, not to mention a VF-1 guess that means that Bandai could make these as 1/60 scale toys if they wanted to then couldn't they...

A thing just soared through my mind: do the time passes at all on Frontier? I'll explain.

In EP 4 we may assume that Alto's training did not require just two days, but at least some months. But that's not the case, since Sheryl is deemed to leave Frontier in a week. So, alto was able to pilot a VF25 in (let's say) six days, more or less.

Then there's episode 10. How long did the shooting of the movie take? Not just one day with a subsequent fisrt screening the night after they are finished, I imagine. Let's speculate that in 2059 it is very easy to assemble a movie, there should be at least 1 month of shootings and another one to edit the film. Instead, it just seems the whole product took only, let's say, six days from beginning to end.

Amazing.

Hang on. So, multiple copies of the movie get made. Numerous home versions, cinemas etc.

EVERY copy with Ranka singing in Hi-def, surround-sound.

Frontier is doomed.

nah...

i'm sure this is not a Frontier-only thing. it will be distributed via the Galaxy-network to Earth, Eden, all migration fleets, and other settlements.

Humanity is doomed. ^_^:ph34r:

What about Luca's use of the Ghost Fighter as his unmanned recon jets he controls? I thought those where also Macross Plus references.

We already have Ghost fighters in SDF:M. does that count too? :unsure:

Brera's main mission is to interfere with any retrieval of varja samples/information, He must be in there to destroy Luca's plane coz' its still transmitting info about the mothership notice the flashy thing on the transmitter ;)

brera got to luca first, so why didn't he destroy luca?

cause he enter the battleship first. alto took small walk, checking every corner, approaching cautious and quietly

while brera move at super high speed, faster than ex gear

cause he enter the battleship first. alto took small walk, checking every corner, approaching cautious and quietly

yeah, he definitely didn't seem to want to kill Luca.

he's probably collecting information about vajra, and wondering what the vajra wants to do with/is doing to Luca.

this also explains why he shot the gunpod, to prevent their escape, but he wasn't vicious enough to want to kill them, just want to keep them in vajra's captivity.

We already have Ghost fighters in SDF:M. does that count too? :unsure:

He's talking about the Ghost X-9 type. The one on SDFM is an earlier model (The ghost also appear in Zero) :huh:

Just seen it. Fight with Hydra felt like it was out of a pencil sketch battle scene in Noien....and animated in that "style". (lolwtf?)

Kawamori's cameo as the "Director" was awesome.

Its a shame we don't get any extra info on what exactly Macross Zero meant and what was the "Bird Human".

It's just that the main animators for this episode was Nara Animation and Satellite and the quality of their previous episodes has been very consistent. This particular scene wasn't, so I'm willing to bet that above the rest of the last nine episodes, that scene will definitely be redone, simply because it's the in-between frames that need the work. Other scenes in previous episodes would have to be completely re-done to fix them (ex. Sheryl's concert scenes in episode 7) because the key frames were crap as well, but not this particular scene since the key frames are fine.

Is this the norm in TV anime now? Its reanimated in parts before DVD release?

I`m totally against that for the same reason I`m against Lucas changing star wars. To be a perfect canon DVD release it should be released exactly as it aired on TV. With the only possible exception that there be no sponsorship logos because those vary from station to station.

You shouldn`t try to change history.

Is this the norm in TV anime now? Its reanimated in parts before DVD release?

I`m totally against that for the same reason I`m against Lucas changing star wars. To be a perfect canon DVD release it should be released exactly as it aired on TV. With the only possible exception that there be no sponsorship logos because those vary from station to station.

You shouldn`t try to change history.

They don't really change the script or anything, they just redraw and reanimate parts that were rushed for TV broadcasting. Think of it as releasing a movie where you can see a microphone in a scene and the production didn't have time or budget to reshoot it, and digitally removing it for the DVD release. Nothing storywise was changed, but a mistake was corrected all the same.

They don't really change the script or anything, they just redraw and reanimate parts that were rushed for TV broadcasting. Think of it as releasing a movie where you can see a microphone in a scene and the production didn't have time or budget to reshoot it, and digitally removing it for the DVD release. Nothing storywise was changed, but a mistake was corrected all the same.

Actually, he sounds to me like those hardcore Star Wars fan that wish that the animation remains the same in DVD release, and not doing extra editing just like Lucas did with his Star Wars Original Trilogy DVD release.

yeah, he definitely didn't seem to want to kill Luca.

he's probably collecting information about vajra, and wondering what the vajra wants to do with/is doing to Luca.

this also explains why he shot the gunpod, to prevent their escape, but he wasn't vicious enough to want to kill them, just want to keep them in vajra's captivity.

so far everything brera do , confuse us. make the show more complex. i dun know if it is for the better or for the worse.

we will find out week by week. a little bit at a time, except next week, we will find nothing.

what we know about brera stern so far

he fly a VF-27 magenta color fighter , callsign purple 1

he got a very long gun, which other VF-27 dun have

he fly with a head gear, which cover his face, using his brainwave to control the plane

his cockpit is a special 360 degree viewscreen, where VF-25, only half the cockpit is viewscreen

he has a green squirrel

he got a bionic left arm

he got a long knife hidden in the right arm

he hate ranka pursuing a singing career, cause his face show when she give out tissue + frontier cd

his commander in frontier is grace

he know the same song as ranka

other than that, he is complete unknown.

we dun know how does he fit in the story? what is his aim? what does he want?

we are almost half way through the whole show, but we know nothing.

he hate ranka pursuing a singing career, cause his face show when she give out tissue + frontier cd

1. We don't know that.

2. I don't understand where you are getting that from.

so far everything brera do , confuse us. make the show more complex. i dun know if it is for the better or for the worse.

we will find out week by week. a little bit at a time, except next week, we will find nothing.

what we know about brera stern so far

he fly a VF-27 magenta color fighter , callsign purple 1

he fly with a head gear, which cover his face, using his brainwave to control the plane

his cockpit is a special 360 degree viewscreen, where VF-25, only half the cockpit is viewscreen

he has a green squirrel

he got a bionic left arm

he got a long knife hidden in the right arm

his commander in frontier is grace

he know the same song as ranka

other than that, he is complete unknown.

we dun know how does he fit in the story? what is his aim? what does he want?

we are almost half way through the whole show, but we know nothing.

We didn't know anything in M7 until almost three-quarters of the way through, so we *MIGHT* be in for a long wait here...

Also, I would respectfully point out that we don't know that he hates Ranka's singing career, or that Grace is his commanding officer (granted, we can be pretty sure of the latter, but it hasn't been 100% settled yet).

1. We don't know that.

2. I don't understand where you are getting that from.

1) OK i miss, i thought i saw the two green VF-27 have no big gun, but now i look at it

one green VF-27 have the same gun. so galaxy equip some of their VF-27 with it.

2) he look very unhappy here

Macross%20Frontier%20-%2009%20-%20Large%2024.jpg

he probably received a call from grace.. thats why he had his hand over his ear and then disappearing on ranka

no brera do not need to raise his hand to his head to switch on his mobile, he can talk to grace without lifting a finger.

both times, on fighter and near the sea. both his hand is down.

so when ranka gave out tissue, he face is very unhappy and his hand is on his head, like what is she doing here. why is she doing that. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.

that is what brera thinking at the moment, then he leave in a hurry.

no brera do not need to raise his hand to his head to switch on his mobile, he can talk to grace without lifting a finger.

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that he's holding a phone-like mechanism to his ear in that shot.

so when ranka gave out tissue, he face is very unhappy and his hand is on his head, like what is she doing here. why is she doing that. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

it was more like wtf i have go now...

it was more like wtf i have go now...

ok i do not dismiss the possiblity that he got to go,

but take a look at the frame after that photo

his face is very black

it is possible, grace call him and ask him to leave, and he is unhappy,

or he is unhappy with ranka, and he was not taking any call

I just said "interfere" from the looks of it, his intercepting the data first, and then along came Alto. Notice instead of helping Alto he shot the gun, he has no intention of helping them what so ever. I assume that he might destroy the VF is coz' of his action on Klan Klan. Its like destroy who ever interfere with the mission and since Luca in the line of fire he didn't bother to waste ammo.

Back to the topic...

I'm really intrigue on Mao Nome/Dr.Mao maybe after the zero incident she became a scientist in seach for the where-abouts of her sister and Shin. Maybe she also has a contribution on the gravitational technology on the SDF... or as the series go along we will encounter the truth on "bird-humans" and about what happen after Macross Zero ;)

Edited by LadyLuck®

We see Grace lift her right hand to her temple as well when she gets a phone call on her cell phone implant at the start of episode 6 (regarding the distress call from Galaxy). There's even an audible click when her fingers touch her temple, implying that the action is how she "picks up the phone", so to speak. So there's nothing unusual about Brera using his cell phone implant with one of his hands to his temple.

When he's in the VF-27, his hands would be otherwise occupied handling the plane. So it wouldn't make sense to keep one at his temple (and it's also possible that the message came in through the plane's regular communication systems and not through his cell phone implant). In episode 10, he's just been through a rough fight which once again might explain why he doesn't lift his hand to his temple (note that it was the uninjured arm that was raised earlier). But he does roll his eyes to the far left as if to try and look at the source of the voice until the conversation is finished.

So it's not out of the ordinary to adopt an unusual action when using the cell phone implant.

I'm really intrigue on Mao Nome/Dr.Mao maybe after the zero incident she became a scientist in seach for the where-abouts of her sister and Shin. Maybe she also has a contribution on the gravitational technology on the SDF...

Mao's contributions to the Macross scientific community would have been well after SWI. She was only 11 at the time of M0. So we're looking at the early-2020s onward.

We see Grace lift her right hand to her temple as well when she gets a phone call on her cell phone implant at the start of episode 6 (regarding the distress call from Galaxy). There's even an audible click when her fingers touch her temple, implying that the action is how she "picks up the phone", so to speak. So there's nothing unusual about Brera using his cell phone implant with one of his hands to his temple.

When he's in the VF-27, his hands would be otherwise occupied handling the plane. So it wouldn't make sense to keep one at his temple (and it's also possible that the message came in through the plane's regular communication systems and not through his cell phone implant). In episode 10, he's just been through a rough fight which once again might explain why he doesn't lift his hand to his temple (note that it was the uninjured arm that was raised earlier). But he does roll his eyes to the far left as if to try and look at the source of the voice until the conversation is finished.

So it's not out of the ordinary to adopt an unusual action when using the cell phone implant.

but brera does not need to move his hand to handle the plane.

and on the rock, his hand is down.

so he can control a plane with his mind, but he need to raise his hand to talk to grace.

i am confused. too many people talking at same time, let put this brera not happy with ranka singing career to the WAIT AND SEE box.

basically brera is a mystery

Edited by ma2ha3

"Hands-free" must be a foreign concept to some you people... :rolleyes: Ho do you not know he didn't put her on speaker phone?

Mao's contributions to the Macross scientific community would have been well after SWI. She was only 11 at the time of M0. So we're looking at the early-2020s onward.

I dunno...I kind of like the idea of "Mao Nome: GIRL GENIUS!"

But I do wonder where they moved the Mayan people after the island was destroyed...Atalia, maybe...?

Read EVERYTHING that I wrote, and not just the parts that you want to object to. I pointed out that in the plane, Brera could have easily been using the plane's communication system and not his implant. And since we don't understand exactly how the plane works, his hands could have been doing something that isn't visible to us. For instance (just to throw an idea out), it's possible that his hands act as data ports that interface with specific consoles on the plane and allow him to control it. In such a case, his hands might need to remain motionless in order to control the plane properly. Since we have no idea how the plane works, whether or not we actually see his hands actively controlling it is irrelevant.

/bonks ma2ha3 on the head

Maybe he lifted his hand to answer it and put it back down after doing so? Maybe it's only a curtousy action that is performed out of habit when other people are around even if there's no real need to (such as in episode 9)?

We don't really know exactly how the implants work. What we DO know is that in episode 6 Grace lifts her hand to her temple to answer the phone. In episode 9 we see Brera performing the exact same action. If you want to continue to believe that the two identical actions do not share the same purpose, then that's your right. But don't expect to persuade people to your line of thinking, or expect to successfully use it to push a particular theory.

I dunno...I kind of like the idea of "Mao Nome: GIRL GENIUS!"

But I do wonder where they moved the Mayan people after the island was destroyed...Atalia, maybe...?

it's the most likely place if they wanted to keep those events secret. iIt was a military instillation, it had jobs involving the reconstruction of the Macross (which was also had secrecy involved). Easily taking care of two problems at once.

Maybe he lifted his hand to answer it and put it back down after doing so? Maybe it's only a curtousy action that is performed out of habit when other people are around even if there's no real need to (such as in episode 9)?

Heck, some of our Bluetooth headsets don't even need to be tapped on.

I'm curious on who wrote Shin's biography.

I'll watch this again but maybe you guys can clarify something for me. The person Leon meets in his vacation clothes (it appears the speculation is that that is a disguised Grace) references an artifact brought back from Eden and that Leon will soon learn how terrible a foe the Vajra are. Are they talking about the thing that attacked Mao? Also, did the green lizard evolve into that creature?

Edited by jenius