Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Poor Yuu-chan, did she got eaten by the Hydra? :ph34r:

Nope, but apparently she got hurt pretty bad when her car crashed because of the Griffon/Hydra... :unsure:

Just saw the Chihiro sub, and I'm having a hard time figuring out the connection between the Hydra (a creature that lives only on Eden) and the Vajra and that we'd soon see the "true terror" of the Vajra.

Unless, those who have been positing that the Vajra were created by a corporation (General Galaxy?) are correct. Then perhaps they altered the Hydra into the glowing eyed freak that we saw, and it was attracted to Ranka for the same reasons that the Vajra are attracted to her (whatever they may be).

It also looks like those who thought the corporation were experimenting on those crystals might be correct, if what they want from exchange from Leon is their research into crystal technology (or more crystals; was hard to figure out what s/he meant).

Anyways, the Hydra's now dead thanks to Brera, but I wonder what the purple-haired man-chick meant by the "true terror" of the Hydra.

Perhaps the true terror is the V-Type infection? That's what caused the Hydra/Griphon to attack... Maybe the Vajra are attacking because they are infected by it and they spread the infection wherever they go... The infection must have been engineered in the Research fleet... Or by some corporate faction (Galaxy? A Nano Virus? Grey Goo scenario?)...

This fate thing is what make me buy the theory of Mao is actually Ranka's mother, an probably sheryl's too

we do not know if Mao were on the research fleet attacked by the Bajura but Ozma and Ranka were there

How Mao Survives the Zentraedi holocaust... She received blood from the Bird Man, I guess she ends living in laboratories being a study subjetc for a long time before she becomes a docter herself

I believe Sheryl Nome is Dr. Mao Nome's daughter... Since according to the Macross Compendium she has a strange blood type called "alpha", which must be the Mayan/Birdhuman type. Ranka Lee on the other hand has an "Oz" bloodtype, which is a Zentradi type... So I hardly believe she and Mao Nome are related...

However, there's the possibility that Ranka was part of Dr. Mao's experiments and Ozma was ordered to take care of her by Dr. Mao... (This could explain the "fate" thing...).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I don't believe that Grace was the one who visited Leon. If you can prove it, please do but the voice and physical form (and even facial features) do not match! C'mon people. :p Credits don't matter if that's what you're saying. A Seiyuu can change their voice to do different characters. :)

I was disappointed that the quality of the animation which was good through nearly the entire episode dropped drastically during the fight with the Purple flying wolf dog. It returned afterwards. I assume that they had to re-animate that scene for some reason and sorta did a half ass rush job.

I was disappointed that the quality of the animation which was good through nearly the entire episode dropped drastically during the fight with the Purple flying wolf dog. It returned afterwards. I assume that they had to re-animate that scene for some reason and sorta did a half ass rush job.

If it hadn't been for Brera showing up at that point, I would say just cut the whole scene for the DVD. :D

I don't believe that Grace was the one who visited Leon. If you can prove it, please do but the voice and physical form (and even facial features) do not match! C'mon people. :p Credits don't matter if that's what you're saying. A Seiyuu can change their voice to do different characters. :)

that depends.

did the credits say grace o'connor or just the name of voice actor?

if just the latter then it might still not be grace. if the first or both, that seems pretty conclusive. i'll be surprised though if they slipped up with the credits concerning a possibly major plot point.

That scene may seem out of place but, artistically it did exactly what it was intended to do, remind us of old school macross anime. I think most will agree that when you first saw it you thought of anime from years ago like SDFM. I think that art style was intentional.

I also gotta say that was a deculture episode! Maybe my favorite so far!

That scene may seem out of place but, artistically it did exactly what it was intended to do, remind us of old school macross anime. I think most will agree that when you first saw it you thought of anime from years ago like SDFM. I think that art style was intentional.

I also gotta say that was a deculture episode! Maybe my favorite so far!

True, it did sorta have that old-style feel to it. :)

seems like Ozma knows more... than we're led to believe.

and oh... its really the director from ep 9!!

:blink:

I'll bet that's how she got her part as an extra in the first place.

So for all those who said that her manager was an idiot for coming up with that particular method of promotion (handing out cards/packets, or, knowing that this has a basis in Japanese culture, perhaps that was kleenex or toilet paper?? Hey, when you're in the public can and have nothing better to read...) can eat a little crow because it actually resulted in some ULTRA SUPER BIG NEWS for Ranka! How about that? :)

Edited by sdf2501

that depends.

did the credits say grace o'connor or just the name of voice actor?

if just the latter then it might still not be grace. if the first or both, that seems pretty conclusive. i'll be surprised though if they slipped up with the credits concerning a possibly major plot point.

yes, the cast list shows her name as Grace o'Connor and voiced by Kikuko Inoue.

and yes, it is conclusive. Did u see Grace anywhere with Sheryl in this ep? That's becoz she's meeting Leon. She looks different? Yes, but why do we have her listed in the cast credits if she didn't appear at all in this ep? u dont see Klan Klan listed in this ep.

I'll bet that's how she got her part as an extra in the first place.

So for all those who said that her manager was an idiot for coming up with that particular method of promotion (handing out cards/packets, or, knowing that this has a basis in Japanese culture, perhaps that was kleenex or toilet paper?) can eat a little crow because it actually worked! How about that? :)

I thought that was tissue paper?

anyway, i was very surprised at how her manager begged Alto - from that scene alone i believed that he is very very sincere and really did all he could. The problem is probably not him but Leon. We'll see how he manages soon enough, since Ranka is now destined to be a star. :)

Edited by Shun

and yes, it is conclusive. Did u see Grace anywhere with Sheryl in this ep? That's becoz she's meeting Leon. She looks different? Yes, but why do we have her listed in the cast credits if she didn't appear at all in this ep? u dont see Klan Klan listed in this ep.

Ok.......... I'll take your word for it but I won't truly believe until I see and hear it in the episode. :D

Edited by MisaForever

Well it seem like episode 10 is going to be the last epsiode that gg is going to sub since chihiro finally pissed off the head of gg to quit. We can probably expect Gattai subs again ;o

GG irc topic : "(R2 dropped due to TL /ragequit and gb2 World of Warcrack. (P.S. - koda left cause Jaka pissed her off) | we will sub Macross F 09 [last gg sub.])"... they probably meant ep 10 sicne they already subbed episode 9

This makes no sense.

aye, that seals it then. i'm still surprised they didn't list it in the credits as "Mystery Man" or "Man in Restaurant".

they probably weren't expecting fans to be scrutinizing even the credits. if any of the production team ever browsed the MW Toys forum, they would/should have known better :rolleyes:

With the advanced technology the Galaxy seems able to field and the use of Holograms in this series, who is to say what Grace, if it is her, is able to do. Hell look at Brera, Mr. T-101 himself.

Edited by Heron

With the advanced technology the Galaxy seems able to field and the use of Holograms in this series, who is to say what Grace, if it is her, is able to do. Hell look at Brera, Mr. T-101 himself.

Grace has already shown she has holographic capability. She was able to hack in to a military video feed and show Sheryl a holographic projection of the battle. So that should be proof that she could do it.

yes you are exactly right, cheers.

can anyone explain why purple 1 can fly in and out of frontier without CIC knowing what is going on. Leon still do not know about purple 1, how can that be, he is at island 3 and walking around your island like nobody business. this is not plausible.

yes you are exactly right, cheers.

can anyone explain why purple 1 can fly in and out of frontier without CIC knowing what is going on. Leon still do not know about purple 1, how can that be, he is at island 3 and walking around your island like nobody business. this is not plausible.

So in other word, it's myth busted? :lol: (Sorry, couldn't resist myself)

Back to topic... Well maybe VF-27 has a more advanced active stealth system that even the CIC couldn't detect it? And Leon definitely knew about the VF-27, since he's the one that order not to leak info about Alto's first encounter of VF-27 in episode 8. Maybe he pretend he didn't know about it?