Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Am I the only one that is a bit sad about them not using a real VF-0 (or at least a prop one) on the filming set ? <_<

Maybe I'm asking for to much. :lol:

And do we have solid proof or confirmation that Kawamori's voicing his animated counterpart?

Edited by guber143

It is Grace.

noticed how she wasn't with Sheryl this ep, and in fact never appeared in the whole episode, but she was there in the cast ending credits, as Grace O'Connor. So yes, she is that Brera's superior who met with Leon, and of cos she didn't look like her usual self. but then now the question is which look is her usual self? :p

Yeah,

Brela's superior is definitely Grace. Her voice is probably modulated and she's probably in disguise using a holographic system similar to the one Sheryl uses in her concert. The email Leon gets is from "G" and who else has G in their name so far? Why, Grace of course!

Am I the only one that is a bit sad about them not using a real VF-0 (or at least a prop one) on the filming set ? <_<

And why, pray tell, would the Froniter have a 51-year-old fighter that was produced in VERY limited quantities on board...? :p

And why, pray tell, would the Froniter have a 51-year-old fighter that was produced in VERY limited quantities on board...? :p

I dunno, a replica maybe ? Hey, the academy were the gang is going has a VF-1 on the top! ^_^ Why not a VF-0 or two in a museum?

And that's 12 hours. Let them spoilers fly!

This is Hollywood, or Frontier-wood. What isn't CG-ed these days? Hell, the show has CGG.... CGG is a godsend to the film industry. :rolleyes:

Meh, I haven't watched ep 10 yet, coz I'm waiting for the subs, but

Alto really Frenched both girls? O_O

I wouldn't say he Frenched them, Sheryl kissed Alto actually, and the Ranka kiss was part of the movie where Alto was "Shin's" stunt double.

I love 0. Could it be that the reason that ASS-1 dropped on Earth because of Aphos? I started wondering how did it end on Earth of all places a while ago when I rewatched 0.

And one other thing, have they encountered more humanoid civilazations, well there are Zolans, but still, there must be more Miclone worlds, I mean Bodolza himself (or was it Breetai) said that they are ti keep away from such worlds and that their soldiers were affected by some strange things close to such worlds.

When I think about it, Macross Universe is large, I mean the Protodevlin were the only ones from another galaxy that humans encountered, and we only saw ASS-1 and that one wreck during last episodes of SDF from Supervision Army. They have a lot of things they can explore in future series.

Maybe they will explain in greater detail as to why ASS-1 chose Earth, the odds are really too huge. There's a good chance that someone from that Supervision Army side is perhaps related to the Aphos n who remembers about Earth and was responsible for the whole incident.

As for Protodeviln, technically speaking, there are billions of galaxies in our universe, and Protodeviln are NOT from any of them because they come from an alternate universe. but its true, they're the only ones not from our galaxy, so far.

FYI, the information on "Sakurahime azuma bunsho" that Cathy and the Bridge Bunnies (for lack of a better term) are looking at on their terminal on the Quarter is taken directly from this page here:

http://www2.ntj.jac.go.jp/unesco/kabuki/en/5/5_04_16.html

So you don't need access to the HD raw to read what's on the screen (although it helps; I doubt that you'd be able to make out the wording if it was on standard-def 420p).

copyright infringement?

:ph34r:

Edited by Shun

When I think about it, Macross Universe is large, I mean the Protodevlin were the only ones from another galaxy that humans encountered

The Protodeviln were Super Zentradi developed by a Protoculture faction during the Protoculture Stellar Republic's Schism Wars and technically they were from THIS galaxy. They became possesed by beings from other dimension.

They travel to another galaxy at the end of Macross 7 though

Back to Episode 10 discussion...

Dr. Mao Nome... She must have been 51 years old during the attack on the 117th Research Fleet... (2048). She definitely must be Sheryl's mother.

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

The Protodeviln were Super Zentradi developed by a Protoculture faction during the Protoculture Stellar Republic's Schism Wars and technically they were from THIS galaxy. They became possesed by beings from other dimension.

They travel to another galaxy at the end of Macross 7 though

Dr. Mao Nome... She must have been 51 years old during the attack on the 117th Research Fleet... (2048). She definitely must be Sheryl's mother.

Yes...the EVIL Series was created in this galaxy, but the Protodeviln (who possessed the EVIL series's bodies) were from another dimension, possibly one that was super.

As for ep. 10...I wouldn't say that Mao must be Sheryl's mother, but I agree that that's a strong possbility. WAFO.

Edited by Gubaba

I'm still betting that we're going to find out that Sheryl and Ranka are distantly related somehow. Or that Ranka is actually a Nome, and Sheryl isn't really and just was going around with that name.

And Grace is The Boss (as in MGS3). Seriously it's the same seiyuu. :p

OMG...great episode, I absolutely loved it, can't wait for the subbed to get everything that's happening...

I sooo want to be Alto!!

I thing I finally realized why Alto never got Sheryls fame to affect him, he's a performer too and is use to all of it, so Sheryl is nothing out of the ordinary for him, hehehe, clever...

I got to say, Sheryl rules, the way she completly ignored err... Miranda? and went directly to Ranka, hahaha!! and so funny when everyone recognized Alto as kabuki, hehehe

that fighting bit, for a moment I thought I was watching Pokemon and Brera was trying to catch 'em all...

Absolutely effing brilliant episode. 2 kisu scenes!! Good to see Ranka get hers... and somehow Sheryl is so sweet when she's vulnerable. Hopefully the subs will come out in some kind of timely fashion... from somebody...

Question tho: Is it Alto or the actor who was initially playing Shin in the VF-0 at the end?

I'm still betting that we're going to find out that Sheryl and Ranka are distantly related somehow.

I also think that's a distinct possibility. I just hope we don't then find out that Alto is related to both of them as well...although that would be an interesting way to finish off the love triangle...

Could also be Ranka's mother as well (since it's been established that she has dissociative amnesia and doesn't remember her parents). And the way that Ranka keeps going on about her "Big Brother" every time she's in danger, could imply that there was a brother too. Makes you wonder if it's Brera, what with the Aimo connection and all and his Robocop like enhancements... :ph34r:. <- Holy crap, now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense! I'm going to put that in the Plot thread because I like that theory!

Edited by sdf2501

Could also be Ranka's mother as well (since it's been established that she has dissociative amnesia and doesn't remember her parents). And the way that Ranka keeps going on about her "Big Brother" every time she's in danger, could imply that there was a brother too. Makes you wonder if it's Brera, what with the Aimo connection and all and his Robocop like enhancements... :ph34r:. <- Holy crap, now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense! I'm going to put that in the Plot thread because I like that theory!

No offense intended, but that all seems just a little too pat. I kinda hope you're wrong... :)

At the end, Shin flies off into space in a ruined VF-0.

Funny how missed the fact that Shin's VF-0 actually crashed into the water, then flew away. Gotta love a good dramatization of history.

Yes...the EVIL Series was created in this galaxy, but the Protodeviln (who possessed the EVIL series's bodies) were from another dimension, possibly one that was super.

As for ep. 10...I wouldn't say that Mao must be Sheryl's mother, but I agree that that's a strong possbility. WAFO.

noticed when brera saved Ranka from that Hydra attack (why'd they call it a hydra? -.-), Ranka remembers her past, and she was talking to herself about her brother (dying) in that vajra attack?

there's a very good chance someone's found their relative. :ph34r: and a good chance brera was rescued had to become a cyborg to survive.

BTW, the 'director' role's VA is 坂口 候一, too bad i'd thought SK would like to have a 'cameo' here. :lol:

No offense intended, but that all seems just a little too pat. I kinda hope you're wrong... :)

Oh, I probably am. Personally, I think that Brera will play the role of the "mysterious transfer student" adding yet one more anime cliche to this series. But I love the fact that Frontier is motivating people to speculate. You can't say that many shows on either side of the Pacific is worthy enough to stimulate that kind of discussion. :)

If it turned out Ranka and Sheryl were sisters... well, it would have to be followed by SOME kind of fanservice.

I don't know if I can survive 2 weeks this month of no Frontier... I could work on my Japanese, I guess...

there's a very good chance someone's found their relative. :ph34r: and a good chance brera was rescued had to become a cyborg to survive.

"He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil."

It is Grace. noticed how she wasn't with Sheryl this ep, and in fact never appeared in the whole episode, but she was there in the cast ending credits, as Grace O'Connor. So yes, she is that Brera's superior who met with Leon, and of cos she didn't look like her usual self. but then now the question is which look is her usual self?

:p

I agree, but don't you think it would have been easier for someone with as much cyberware as her to just change hair color, instead of hacking off her mane, then having to grow it back?

And isn't the new "guy" tallers then Grace?

"He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil."

Robocop was more machine than man, but he was a good guy!

However, since this is Macross, Brera's probably somewhere in between. As in, he's just an ass. A well-meaning one (re: saves Ranka's life), but an ass all the same.

And Grace is The Boss (as in MGS3). Seriously it's the same seiyuu. :p

Holy plot twist Batman, you're right! Damn, I can't believe I only realized that Kikuko Inoue was the Boss' VA in Snake Eater.