Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

LOL! Great episode.

Although the animal attack scene was unnecessary IMHO. Of course, it was just an excuse to showcase Brera's cybernetics.

I love the homage to Macross Zero. Although reusing the scenes from Zero gave me an impression that the OVA was the movie filmed in this episode of Frontier much like DYRL was in the SDFM.

Love the commercial break. One moment it was the VF-0D, next moment the VF-25. They even included the Macross Zero logo!

The director has to be Kawamori! I hope it is his voice we hear. :)

The preview shows that the 27 did use a Fold Booster. This doesn't explain the Cannon Fodder 27s folding with Brera at the end of Ep.7. They have Fold Boosters when they flew past him.

Not really spoiling anything in the episode so I thought I would post it.

Nobody has said anything about this interesting outfit seen in the episode. I wonder if this is what he normally wears when he is out of uniform (it would explain a lot) or if he was trying to be incognito. Or is it another NUNS uniform being unveiled. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really funny though, enjoy......

post-7338-1212719601_thumb.jpg

Oh, I don't think it's a money thing. I think it's a "let's go for the look and feel of the original. Hey, we still have the cels over there. Let's reuse them." There were times that I thought I was watching the original - and probably was, given the amount of recycling going on.

Though, it is a shame that they spent a lot of time and energy making the new animation over the old backgrounds match the OVA animation, when they could've been touching up the "action sequence". I'm not really refering to the quality of, just the "look, Alto's at the bottom of the cliff. Hey, now he's at the top" lack of smooth transition going on. That sequence felt really, really rushed, and I had trouble making heads or tails if the beast/Alto/Ranka was falling down the cliff, or simply sliding along the top.

So yeah, this episode gets points for the most extreme variety in quality of animation.

Good episode, not great, but good (I still voted positive, though).

The gryphon fight didn't bother me at all, funnily enough. I thought it was kind of cool.

And I also hope that Shin's VA played "Shin" here...just like Arihiro Hase playing Bobby in M7.

The "Doctor Mao" threw me, and I thought I'd misheard. Then I realized that Mao couldn't be an eleven-year-old forever...I just hope that, if she was on the 117th Research Fleet, she was one of the survivors. And if she did, I'll lay donuts to dollars that she shows up here eventually.

Leon in a hawaiian shirt...THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

And man, I wish I could be at Zepp Tokyo on July 27th...Ranka and Sheryl's debut concert? AWESOME! I hope they come out with a DVD of it...

Edited by Gubaba

<-----Caffeine overdose

Grrr....what is this eye catch you guys are talking about, I couldn't find it on Zero RAW :angry:

It was the bit with the clapperboard & the M0 logo turns into the MF one. I missed it as an eyecatch because there was no music cue. I thought it was part of the show. Had to look for it.

Taksraven.

Merely good? :huh:

I'll watch it again and see if I like it better. I was feeling a little frustration because I couldn't understand as much of the dialogue as I really wanted to, so that may account for my not-quite-lukewarm-but-far-from-hot reaction.

I'll watch it again and see if I like it better. I was feeling a little frustration because I couldn't understand as much of the dialogue as I really wanted to, so that may account for my not-quite-lukewarm-but-far-from-hot reaction.

That's what subs are for baka :p:)

They could have at least dyed Ranka and Miranda's hair or gave them wigs

:p

Hey, I'm just glad that they actually amde the set and digitally turned the Messiah into a Phoenix! Much better than strapping some FAST packs onto Basara's VF-19, filming him singing to some Varauta soldiers, and calling it "The Lynn Minmay Story"...

:lol:

But yeah...even in 2059, Hollywood whitewashing continues!

Didn't pick that up but what about this shot of the Griffin from Ep05.

Subtitle for the episode should have been

"When Zentradi pets attack!!"

From episode 5

I knew it!! As far back as the first apperance of the thing I knew it was a matter of time before it caused some micron some mischief. Though I was expecting that it would be using Michael as a chew toy when it did...

That's what subs are for baka :p:)

Then give me a link to the subbed version, aho!

(Supposedly, that's what learning Japanese was for, too...but either my concentration is low this evening or the dialogue was especially difficult in the

Leon

scenes...)

Maye their gonna change it in post-prod. I mean, if they can change Sheryl's hair colour on the fly...

Not likely as they were watching it in a theater in the episode and both hair colors were the same.

Not likely as they were watching it in a theater in the episode and both hair colors were the same.

Damn, you're right. in that case, to quote Gubaba:

But yeah...even in 2059, Hollywood whitewashing continues!

Off course, it makes some sense to not change it since part of the purpose for the show is to get more exposure for Miranda (and as it turns out, Ranka).

Though I was expecting that it would be using Michael as a chew toy when it did...

No, Clan Clan has let it be known far and wide throughout the Zentraedi community that she's reserving that right for herself, and anyone or anything else who tries will suffer!!!

:lol:

Well it seem like episode 10 is going to be the last epsiode that gg is going to sub since chihiro finally pissed off the head of gg to quit. We can probably expect Gattai subs again ;o

GG irc topic : "(R2 dropped due to TL /ragequit and gb2 World of Warcrack. (P.S. - koda left cause Jaka pissed her off) | we will sub Macross F 09 [last gg sub.])"... they probably meant ep 10 sicne they already subbed episode 9

Edited by Tsuchiro

Gosh, I LOVED this episode. And Shoji Kawamori is officially the coolest creator guest star in an episode ever. BTW, is that "Space: Above and Beyond" like song that plays when everybody is congratulating Ranka in the soundtrack?

I just watched the Raw... woah, this episode was really well done.

Ranka seems now on her way to stardom thanks to this movie. I loved the entire Macross Zero bit. You know I was thinking about some of this movie their making and I have a theory about the supposed declassification of the AFOS incident. Was it really declassified completely? It seemed to me that they were filming this movie as if it was fictional but we all know it really happened in this universe. Maybe they didn't declassify everything and just admitting some things happened (such as the skirmish with Anti-UN forces after the war was over), and then for plausible deniability issues, someone involved in the government who knew the true story wrote some of the top secret stuff like the AFOS bit and had it written up as a movie. So everyone things it is only partially true when it fact it is completely true. Such a thing is used in other shows like Stargate where a TV show about the actual thing can be used a plausible deniability about the actual thing as a cover up. Well that's just my theory anyway.

As for Brera, well his arm is definitely cybernetic. I imagine if he isn't fully a cybernetic life form (which I kind of hope not), then perhaps he was injured long ago and Galaxy Fleet being the cybernetic masters they are were able to fix him. This could make sense if Brera is form the 117th which I believe it probably is. He is injured in that attack, somehow ends up with Galaxy where he is repaired cybernetically.

As for that fight sequence, even I'll admit when that started I thought there was a problem with the video before I realize that was just weird animation. I don't know why only in that part but it didn't stop me from liking the episode.

Can't wait for subs, must find out what they were saying!!!

My theory is that the story for the movie may have come from Mao's memoirs or something. There just seems to be too many personal details for it to be from a government report, especially when you consider that the world ended a year or two later. That is, of course, unless the Kawamori just stuck in the details because he wanted to.

As for Brera, well his arm is definitely cybernetic. I imagine if he isn't fully a cybernetic life form (which I kind of hope not), then perhaps he was injured long ago and Galaxy Fleet being the cybernetic masters they are were able to fix him. This could make sense if Brera is form the 117th which I believe it probably is. He is injured in that attack, somehow ends up with Galaxy where he is repaired cybernetically.

Brera is the final Cylon

:ph34r:.

Edited by d3v

Gosh, I LOVED this episode. And Shoji Kawamori is officially the coolest creator guest star in an episode ever. BTW, is that "Space: Above and Beyond" like song that plays when everybody is congratulating Ranka in the soundtrack?

Nup, will have to see if it is in OST 2

Taksraven

man, i got goosebumps. they couldn't have thought of a better spot to use the aimo extended version.

love what they did with the credits. truly gave it a movie feel. you know, when the movie ends in a theater and depending on how many people immediately leave you just hang in there waiting for bloopers or sneak peeks like in Iron Man.

i feel for Sheryl though. pretending she was just faking it though you could see it wasn't. i really hope she gets her man.

LOL! Great episode.

Although the animal attack scene was unnecessary IMHO. Of course, it was just an excuse to showcase Brera's cybernetics.

The attack was proof to Leon that the intelligence he was getting was real since he said, "Since I don't know if the intelligence is true or not, I can't promise anything." The attack was supposed to show of the "true terror of the Vajura".

LOL! Great episode.

Brera must've forgotten that he was supposed to use his Harmonica on the giant cat-thing, not kill it

:ph34r:

I just watched ep 10 and it seems like

the person commanding brera isnt grace afterall

It is Grace.

noticed how she wasn't with Sheryl this ep, and in fact never appeared in the whole episode, but she was there in the cast ending credits, as Grace O'Connor. So yes, she is that Brera's superior who met with Leon, and of cos she didn't look like her usual self. but then now the question is which look is her usual self? :p