Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

And when they come out with "Macross 3000," they'll be able to fly like Dumbo!

Ahhh, Macross 3000. There is an anime that we will all be waiting for. It will be set in the far future, feature no mecha or characters that can be recognised and will be made using the crappiest CGI known to man. And they will make a few terrible trailers for it and it will be shelved forever.

YAY!!!!!

Taksraven

At the very least, he knows that Ranka affects the Vajra somewhat and would like to avoid any possible risk that may occur with her becoming a star.

Speaking of the Galaxy, I'm wondering if the fleet isn't named after one of the major corporate backers?

You mean General Galaxy, the makers of the famous YF-21?

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case, given the lack of mechanical controls seen in the VF-27's cockpit.

Conspiracies abound!

Actually this was started in DYRL when the micronized version of Warea, Rori, and Konda had really big ears.

I think you are right I rechecked that and they used to look to me like they had no ears, I looked carefully and they look like pointy flaps that are flat against their heads. I check Macross Plus and Guld's ears seem to be bigger than a human's in all aspects, longer lobes and pointy. And even in M7 Millia's ears would shift from regular human size with points, to more pointy and even one with droopy points... :unsure:

My bad, its the first combat sequence.

post-1088-1212367885_thumb.jpg

Hmm, I always just assumed that the object in question was the ship that called for help and the asteroid in question is quite near into the camera causing the illusion that the thing is hovering over the asteroid.

Anyone have a better screenshot of the transport so we can compare (I'm at work and don't have access to my copy of the episode).

why would Mikhail go out to practice in the shooting range with FAST packs!???

If you'll recall, when they went out for Alto's final induction into SMS (paintball fight), when asked what armor package they all wanted, Mikhail said he wanted the "Sniper Pack" for his VF-25. I assume that's what carried over to this situation (along with Luca getting the recon packs, Alto getting the basic super packs, etc).

Hmm, I always just assumed that the object in question was the ship that called for help and the asteroid in question is quite near into the camera causing the illusion that the thing is hovering over the asteroid.

Anyone have a better screenshot of the transport so we can compare (I'm at work and don't have access to my copy of the episode).

I thought I saw multiple transport vessels, one floating over the asteroid, one that called for help and others floating near asteroids in the background. It was a bit confusing, I figured the ships were mining ships. Frontier is starting to feel very much like Aliens, (speculation) Leon secretly working for Mr Bilrer (aka Weyland Yutani), Grace keeping tabs on Leon....

I thought Alto has the "interceptor" pack? With a special outfit like SMS, why would they have a "basic" super pack?

I'm guessing that Alto's has more thrust and/or missiles. While Mikhails pack has either more sensors or stabilizers as well as the grapple/anchor chain and Luca's pack has sensors and electronic warfare gear.

Pretty good episode with some action and background on Michel and some more bits of the coming conflict. Looks like Miss Grace is not just a mild mannered agent/handler of Sheryl, she's got ulterior motive. Interesting that in the intro she's paired up with Leon. Could they be part of the mysterious 3rd party with Brera? Her ability to hack into Frontier's computer system seems a bit much if she's just Sheryl's agent. Perhaps having Sheryl coming to Frontier is all part of their master plan (mass hypnosis or something of the like) with Sheryl.

Nice to see Alto go toe to toe with Brera and hold his own.

So . . . Sheryl seems pretty flexible . . . NICE :wub: I may have to change my sig after that one :D

I'm guessing that Alto's has more thrust and/or missiles. While Mikhails pack has either more sensors or stabilizers as well as the grapple/anchor chain and Luca's pack has sensors and electronic warfare gear.

In other words, Alto is for close range dogfighting, Luca is recon and radio guy, and Michael is fire support/sniper.

Makes me wonder, whats the point flying in a VF if you don't dogfight at all. Give Michael a monster destroid and Luca an Elint Rabbit, that would do :ph34r:

In other words, Alto is for close range dogfighting, Luca is recon and radio guy, and Michael is fire support/sniper.

Makes me wonder, whats the point flying in a VF if you don't dogfight at all. Give Michael a monster destroid and Luca an Elint Rabbit, that would do :ph34r:

I figure that at least arnament-wise, the recon and sniper V-25s still carry a good compliment of missiles and can dog-fight if need be.

However, dog-fighting itself should be a last-resort option. Why get close in when you can take them out from a distance?

Finally got to see this episode!! :)

great dogfight action sequences! and a good klanklan episode. too bad brera got her number. but it's a good thing alto can stay toe to toe with him.

hmm.. once again, a macronized zentraedi (klan) is as tall as a battroid (mikhael's). are the VF25's really relatively smaller than the other valks?

that's it for now...

Actually by the numbers a VF-25 is supposed to be relatively larger than a VF-1. Either Klan is really tall or the animators just can't decide whether they are VF sized or less.

Do Elints exist anymore...? We've seen VF-171 and VF-25 recons, but, as far as I can recall, nothing else.

And...um...I don't think a Monster is the best thing for precision sniping. Ozma in episode 3 and Alto in this episode both would've been pulverized if Michael had had a Destroid...

What a great episode. I wished that this could have been taken over two episodes, but I guess they got the job done in the one alright.

Michael is a good sniper, but Alto is a great fighter, in a VF anyway. I'm consistently impressed by how he fights hand to hand and with a rifle, he goes in no questions asked. His gunwork is only surpassed by Ozma, but I've no doubt that he'll catch up sooner or later. especially in the 7th ep where he got surprised and hit in the back, he rolled with it and fought back immediately, this ep he gets in close and stabs the mofo out of the Vajra.

Also, like in "Star Date," the animation was magnificent. I like it how each and everyone of the crowd had a unique design, like at the Folmo Mall. Beautiful.

Loved Bobby's sudden turn to anger. :lol:

Do Elints exist anymore...? We've seen VF-171 and VF-25 recons, but, as far as I can recall, nothing else.

And...um...I don't think a Monster is the best thing for precision sniping. Ozma in episode 3 and Alto in this episode both would've been pulverized if Michael had had a Destroid...

It looks like they prefer integrated fighter/AEW craft patterned after the VEFR-1 than pure AEW craft. This way, push come to shove, the fighters can actually fight back.

But it was shown folding with other -27's at the end of episode 7.

...Which could have been hacked/stolen as well...

Michael is a good sniper, but Alto is a great fighter, in a VF anyway.

I believe the whole point of the episode 9 story was to show how they need each other to be effective against such a formidable foe like Brera Sterne. Against the VF-27 Alto needs Michael for the kill shot. Even Michael skills aren't enough to get the VF-27 (due to its speed) without Alto's help to have it slowed/stopped... :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I believe the whole point of the episode 9 story was to show how they need each other to be effective against such a formidable foe like Brera Sterne. Against the VF-27 Alto needs Michael for the kill shot. Even Michael skills aren't enough to get the VF-27 (due to its speed) without Alto's help to have it slowed/stopped... :huh:

What I would want to know is if Alto could have eventually taken Brera out on his own, taking into consideration that Brera wasn't able to shake Alto off his six and that Alto was able to score significant hits on Brera's VF-27.

I think another problem with this episode is that the squads seem to break out of formation and fight individuall alot. Today it was Klan, Alto and Michel. What happened to Ozma and the rest of Pixie squadron? They could've done more to show off the "team work" of the SMS and probably with Ozma doing more in terms of "commanding" Skull Squadron like barking out orders to cannon fodders and stuff. Right now it seems like "everyone does his own thing" with protagonists helping each other along the way. Luca provides Michel with movement data...so that was pretty cool.

I wanna see more "squad-based-combat" if you will. I'd be pissed at the number of times Alto's GAR-ness makes him break out of formation every episode.

I wanna see more "squad-based-combat" if you will. I'd be pissed at the number of times Alto's GAR-ness makes him break out of formation every episode.

Alto+GAR is like dividing by zero. At least until he gets a haircut or something.