Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

varja want to look for ranka

ranka have something in her tummy, bright and large

ranka have memory problem, only remember a song

brera is interested in her, brera play the same song, brera working for grace

grace spy on president and battle with varja

these 3 therefore is a link to VARJA.

I'm sorry, I don't see it. You're totally dismissing the Galaxy's involvement in all of this. And your first two points are guesswork at best, with the second one being kind of ridiculous.

The Galaxy is a corporately funded fleet, focusing on technological development beyond the boundaries of what seems to be legal in much of the UN. If I had to guess, I'd say the Galaxy fleet is trying to exploit Vajra technology for their own gain, monetary or otherwise.

Okay, checked the song the guy on the bench was playing and I'm pretty sure it's not New Frontier. Still not discounting the possibility that it's a Fire Bomber song although it could also be something new Kanno cooked up.

I still think the voice of Brera's boss sounds a bit too deep to be Grace.

But I admit that seems to be a minority opinion around here...

<_<

She may have grown up as an urchin in one of the Galaxy slums so she could be keeping her history secret as part of the "Sheryl" image. She's pretty intelligent so it wouldn't be surprising if she had a condensed education once she was scouted.

Maybe. Though presumeably she's going to have to let Alto know about that eventually if she intends to keep getting closer to him. It just seems odd to me that she'd hide that information from Alto, of all people.

That is, assuming that the translation was 100% accurate.

I still think the voice of Brera's boss sounds a bit too deep to be Grace.

But I admit that seems to be a minority opinion around here...

<_<

Well, this is Kikuko Inoue we're talking about, while she's more known for the Kaumi Tendo/Belldandy type "one-chan" voice she does, she has played slightly more devious characters in the past.

And what about Lobelia Carlini fron Sakura Wars? She is voiced by Kikuko Inoue as well and she doesn't sound like Belldandy or Kasumi Tendou... You have another example in Macross Frontier: Nanase Matsuura and Kanaria Berstein, they're both voiced by Houko Kuwashima and they sound totally different... Maybe that voice is Kikuko's, but I can be wrong...

I'm sorry, I don't see it. You're totally dismissing the Galaxy's involvement in all of this. And your first two points are guesswork at best, with the second one being kind of ridiculous.

The Galaxy is a corporately funded fleet, focusing on technological development beyond the boundaries of what seems to be legal in much of the UN. If I had to guess, I'd say the Galaxy fleet is trying to exploit Vajra technology for their own gain, monetary or otherwise.

what galaxy involvement?? varja is a high tech alien race with massive resource and their technology is different. therefore that rule out galaxy.

that is why i call grace a varja spy.

galaxy is just a fleet, they are not able to invent varja by accident or what. They have massive battleship, and their big varja can fold from yet unknown location.

what galaxy involvement?? varja is a high tech alien race with massive resource and their technology is different. therefore that rule out galaxy.

galaxy is just a fleet, they are not able to invent varja by accident or what. They have massive battleship, and their big varja can fold from yet unknown location.

There are more than a few "clues." First Purple 1 (Brera and his VF-27) is clearly from the Galaxy, next they (whoever Brera's superiors are) clearly know about a nearby Vajra hive which he is only ordered to destroy once Frontier sends the S.M.S. to investigate.

While there's nothing that indicates that the Vajra was a Galaxy experiment gone wrong, they are, at the very elast, acting similar to the Weyland-Yutani Corp. from Alien.

Remember the first Vajra's main cannon destroyed an entire crusier with one shot in episode 1 (and then mysteriously was never that powerful again)

In order for the Vajra's weapons to work that well, they have to repeat to themselves, "I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies" over and over, and they have to REALLY mean it!

But as far as the VF-27's gun, I just assumed that since it split apart, it's a cruiser-class beam cannon. Just like the Gundam's.

As you have said a couple times in this thread, "Show me the proof."

Do we even know that the Vajra are alien...? I think Duke Togo called it a long time ago: they may not be as extraterrestrial as we think.

But as far as the VF-27's gun, I just assumed that since it split apart, it's a cruiser-class beam cannon. Just like the Gundam's.

Hmm, not only does the splitting open seem reminiscent of the Zent ships from DYRL, but even the smaller beam cannons from those ships also looked like that.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacro...t-vergnitzs.htm

Edited by d3v

I've been wondering about the attack scene with the red varja in the first ep too. Although i'm starting to wonder if the SD cannons opperate like charging weapons in various video games because on their first salvo each lobster took out one ship but all the subsequent shots to the next ship they came across only damaged the cruiser(granted seriously) but the ship wasn't sunk. Like they have to store large amounts of energy for awhile to get a one shot kill on a large target but they produce enough juice to fire the cannon often but at a lower power.

The VF-27's gun displayed that kind of behavior having a rapid fire in the same class as the 25's gun pod; as well as having a semi auto mode that was more to the class of the sniper gun, and capping it off by having a converging SD cannon capable of wasting a carrier with a well placed shot. Ideal weapon if you ask me suited to most tactical situations.

Makes me wonder if Klan's shoulder cannon had the same function rapid fire at less power or slower with more damage.

Orihihc has just released Episode 9 subbed. That must be a record 7 groups working on the new Macross series in english (currently 6, if you exclude Gattai) :o

3 of those groups are working together on the release though. As of ep 9, it's AiA-Z, AonE-Gekkostate-Menclave, gg, and Chihiro. So 4 groups.

Just saw it. Nice episode. ;)

Not much complaints except I wished the character dynamics between Klan and Michel could've been more fleshed out than it was. The screenshot of Klan playing with Michel was very cute. ^_^

And wow...the VF-27's active stealth must be some new OTEC or something. It launches in and out of the Frontier and no one notices it.

The VF-27. OK, I'm convinced it was developed using Galaxy (cybernetics), 117th Research Fleet(what ever they were researching on), and Vajra (fold and biomech) technologies. When I look at it, to me it looks like a cross between a Valk and a "Red lobster".

Also, I'm convinced that Grace the mild mannered manager is involved in someway.

As you have said a couple times in this thread, "Show me the proof."

Do we even know that the Vajra are alien...? I think Duke Togo called it a long time ago: they may not be as extraterrestrial as we think.

cant give you no proof,

as all these are speculation.

the other who think galaxy is involved also speculating.

we know know bit by bit as the weeks goes on.

cant give you no proof,

It is more then specilation the connection with Galaxy. I mean this episode gives us a clear look at the NUN markings on the VF-27. This tied with the Galaxy tag on the nose cone means either Galaxy or a faction in Galaxy has potentially gone rogue. I am still on the fence of what the Vajra are because we didn't see what was in the eggs we just saw glowing eyes.

She's involved, but how still isn't clear. The voice that was "commanding" Brera on his mission was somewhat obscured and altered because of the transmission, it wouldn't surprise me if this was done to mislead us. Hard to say whose side she is on (though, with these UN fleets, its very "shades of gray"). There could be people on/from the Galaxy fleet who are secretly keeping tabs on things for President Glass. And we could also have people aboard the Frontier working for the corporate interests of the Galaxy.

Political intrigue, its bound to be messy.

It is more then specilation the connection with Galaxy. I mean this episode gives us a clear look at the NUN markings on the VF-27. This tied with the Galaxy tag on the nose cone means either Galaxy or a faction in Galaxy has potentially gone rogue. I am still on the fence of what the Vajra are because we didn't see what was in the eggs we just saw glowing eyes.

The Galaxy is a privately funded fleet. I think whoever first came up with the Aliens analogy is right, the Galaxy sees the Vajra and potential weapons technology (or actual, the -27 has an internal fold device and that, well, not sure what to call it... super dimension gun... just like the lobsters).

Ma2ha3, I'm not being a smartass when I say this, I do believe you've missed something along the way. Whether it was an episode, or a part of a few episodes. Go back and re-watch them all, the Galaxy's involvement is clear.

Edited by Duke Togo

cant give you no proof,

No. As others have said, we know now. Go back and look at the VF-27 screen captures. There's a NUNS logo and a Galaxy logo.

You can argue all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that it's already settled.

Could it be that the entire Macross Galaxy disappearance was a staged event? I mean the suriving crew of the Dulfim is still in isolation and quarantine following their debriefing. Of course this is just speculation as usual.

Is is just me or does Brera's VF-27 color markings is a throwback to Nora's SV-51?

Could it be that the entire Macross Galaxy disappearance was a staged event? I mean the suriving crew of the Dulfim is still in isolation and quarantine following their debriefing. Of course this is just speculation as usual.

Is is just me or does Brera's VF-27 color markings is a throwback to Nora's SV-51?

A pre-planned disappearance? Could be...but that seems a little TOO out there just yet (to me, at least).

And I think it's easier to list the attributes of the VF-27 that AREN'T reminiscent of the SV-51 than to list the ones that are.

The Galaxy is a privately funded fleet. I think whoever first came up with the Aliens analogy is right, the Galaxy sees the Vajra and potential weapons technology (or actual, the -27 has an internal fold device and that, well, not sure what to call it... super dimension gun... just like the lobsters).

Ma2ha3, I'm not being a smartass when I say this, I do believe you've missed something along the way. Whether it was an episode, or a part of a few episodes. Go back and re-watch them all, the Galaxy's involvement is clear.

I agree to all that. However, there's always the possibility that whoever owns the VF-27 just stole it/hacked it (Like Ranka's promotion site was) from Galaxy Fleet... (Under suspicion... Grace, Brera and other cyborgs... Bilrer?). I'm loving the cyber-punk inspired cyborg/corporate elements from the show more and more... ^_^

The Vajra may have been unleashed by them too... I believe that the Vajra were indeed created by the Protoculture... that's why they have spirals (Those marks may be genetically coded in them). Some party discovered the Vajra eggs and is using them to cause trouble for their own agenda... (like I always said, the best way to sell weapons of war is to create war). Again... these guys must be pretty dangerous since they don't care for lives... damned utilitarians!!! :angry:

I'm convinced that in the end is not a matter of civil/cold war between colonies... but a matter of "Corporations/Ppl screwing each one up to get o goddamned percentage"... if u know what I mean.... :huh:<_<

Of course... A way of the Macross F producers to make the audience relate the VF-27 as a nemesis/baddie valk like the SV-51 was in Zero...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I was wondering the same thing if too a point the disappearance was staged. I think it was last episode where Leon said his only concern was that there was no traces of the Galaxy. Also the fact that the Galaxy looks so much different then the Frontier and all of its tech. The Vajra, be it they are mechs for an alien race or are the E.T.s themself presents new tech as Duke said.

Well, this is Kikuko Inoue we're talking about, while she's more known for the Kaumi Tendo/Belldandy type "one-chan" voice she does, she has played slightly more devious characters in the past.

Yeah, but while she does do multiple voices sometimes even in the same show, you generally expect that each character will only have one voice assigned to it.

:p

It was mentioned that it might be an intentional attempt to 'fool' us by changing Grace's voice slightly when she communicated with Brera. But if you're going to go to that amount of trouble, then it seems a bit silly to give the whole thing away by doing it right after showing Grace spying on the meeting in which the Frontier leadership discusses the Vajra nests.

Speaking of the meeting...

Why wasn't Bilrer there? If he's the owner of SMS (as I believe is the case), shouldn't he have been there along with the Quarter's captain?