Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

Don't pilots have to break formation at some point when they encounter enemies?

Alto+GAR is like dividing by zero. At least until he gets a haircut or something.

GAR is about personality, not looks. As long as he goes out and achieves whatever he sets his mind to without moaning about the consequences, then he's hit the mark.

Sheryl's outGARing him for now, though. :lol:

Edited by Swampstorm

GAR is a misspelling of the word gay. It started during the broadcast run of Fate Stay/Night when the character Archer sacrificed himself to buy his friends time. An Anonymous on 4chan posted that the act was so manly that he would go "GAR" for Archer. All this fandangled nonsense is what people who didn't know what the word meant decided GAR to be since that's what they could make out from the subsequent posts.

When you say that something is GAR, you're saying you wouldn't mind if it had sex with your butt.

GAR is a misspelling of the word gay. It started during the broadcast run of Fate Stay/Night when the character Archer sacrificed himself to buy his friends time. An Anonymous on 4chan posted that the act was so manly that he would go "GAR" for Archer. All this fandangled nonsense is what people who didn't know what the word meant decided GAR to be since that's what they could make out from the subsequent posts.

When you say that something is GAR, you're saying you wouldn't mind if it had sex with your butt.

:lol::blink::lol::unsure: Ok, interesting. You guys are weird. :p

:lol::blink::lol::unsure: Ok, interesting. You guys are weird. :p

I'm just giving you guys the true definition of the word since I was there to witness its genesis. I personally think the word is stupid and cringe every time someone misuses it thinking that it's cool.

I'm just giving you guys the true definition of the word since I was there to witness its genesis. I personally think the word is stupid and cringe every time someone misuses it thinking that it's cool.

:lol: I agree. It is quite strange.... although it probably describes Bobby to a tee.

Wasnt' there a warning by the mods about using too much "netspeak" on the forums?

Did this episode skip the intro history lesson?

Yes, considering the whole episode was a history lesson on Mikhail.

They could have started it with "Friendly Fire, it is when members of your own team shoot you down" and put a clip of Macross when Hikaru gets shot down by the Daedalus Attack.

Yes, considering the whole episode was a history lesson on Mikhail.

They could have started it with "Friendly Fire, it is when members of your own team shoot you down" and put a clip of Macross when Hikaru gets shot down by the Daedalus Attack.

hey if they re-animate that "friendly fire" sequence from sdf macross, i'd take it. :)

Don't pilots have to break formation at some point when they encounter enemies?

Yeah but I figured they should be covering each other's backs or something not go off on their own duel or something. I don't see much of the squad-based-tactics/combat that would've been cool.

Yeah but I figured they should be covering each other's backs or something not go off on their own duel or something. I don't see much of the squad-based-tactics/combat that would've been cool.

It's assumed that Ozma assigned them together to cover a certain area while he and Luca covered another.

As for the pixies, I figure Klan did the same and decided to check out a separate area on her own while Nene and Raramia went off somewhere else.

something tells me that the Vajra's are new form of life created using the high-tech biotech engineering in the Galaxy fleet (in the previous episode it was said that theyre very advanced in these fields)

then this may also explain why the VF-27 was ordered to destroy the nest by Sheryl's "babysitter".....& since she also comes from Galaxy...she must be working undercover as a spy to ensure the info does not leak out to Frontier top officials and that all evidences are destroyed....

just my 2 cents

something tells me that the Vajra's are new form of life created using the high-tech biotech engineering in the Galaxy fleet (in the previous episode it was said that theyre very advanced in these fields)

then this may also explain why the VF-27 was ordered to destroy the nest by Sheryl's "babysitter".....& since she also comes from Galaxy...she must be working undercover as a spy to ensure the info does not leak out to Frontier top officials and that all evidences are destroyed....

just my 2 cents

Doesn't explain why they have protoculture markings though, and the fact that they first encountered them 19 years ago, (around the time of Macross Plus).

That's why currently, the "Aliens Theory of Vajra" is the one that most of us lean towards, with Galaxy acting like the Weyland-Yutani corporation that the aforementioned sci-fi series.

Edited by d3v

since ep 9 is particularly klanklan-heavy, technically i wouldn't be OT in saying that...

i'm sad the Clan of Klan thread is closed.

There. i said it. it's just ironic that it would be closed at a time when a lot people would want to talk about her given her increased exposure in ep9. i mean, there's just something wrong with that.

That being said, i think Klan was amazing in this episode. Her show of maturity, sensitivity, concern and vulnerability was quite touching. and to see all these traits even in her micronized form just goes to show that she retains her mature personality in her micro form, despite some childish characteristics.

other notables:

Bobby going all alpha male again in threatening the manager...

Alto going toe to toe with brera's VF27. sure he couldn't beat him outright, but the fact that he could catch up to the VF27 speaks wonders for his flying skills. (i'm assuming, of course, that the VF27 has better capabilities or is, at the very least, more maneuverable than the VF25).

observation: Leon's NUNS faction's (or just brera's) tactical movements are bordering on inexplicable. we have (as most have observed) a valk loaded with NUNS logos all around, who is now on a mission that is in direct conflict with the mission objectives given to the SMS. So instead of just speeding into the nest and using its reflex cannon, which it seemingy could easily have done at any point anyway, what does brera do? he goes into an unprovoked dogfight with SMS, particularly against klan klan. all the time he's spending playing with klan, alto and mikhail is time that the other SMS members could have completed their mission. this just doesn't jive well with all the efforts that leon is making to hide the existence of the VF27.

sure i'm happy that brera acted this way; otherwise we wouldn't have seen all that mecha dogfight action. :)

but still, it didn't make any sense, tactically speaking. (unless klan already had samples of the nest with her? if she did, i didn't catch it).

Edited by dreamweaver13

since ep 9 is particularly klanklan-heavy, technically i wouldn't be OT in saying that...

i'm sad the Clan of Klan thread is closed.

There. i said it. it's just ironic that it would be closed at a time when a lot people would want to talk about her given her increased exposure in ep9. i mean, there's just something wrong with that.

That being said, i think Klan was amazing in this episode. Her show of maturity, sensitivity, concern and vulnerability was quite touching. and to see all these traits even in her micronized form just goes to show that she retains her mature personality in her micro form, despite some childish characteristics.

I think we are all saddened by that.

other notables:

Bobby going all alpha male again in threatening the manager...

He must be the over-protective Matriarch/Den mother of the S.M.S.

Alto going toe to toe with brera's VF27. sure he couldn't beat him outright, but the fact that he could catch up to the VF27 speaks wonders for his flying skills. (i'm assuming, of course, that the VF27 has better capabilities or is, at the very least, more maneuverable than the VF25).

Actually, I believe the both fighters are just about on par with each other. Similar to the Super Nova AVFs in Plus (YF-19 and YF-21).

observation: Leon's NUNS faction's (or just brera's) tactical movements are bordering on inexplicable. we have (as most have observed) a valk loaded with NUNS logos all around, who is now on a mission that is in direct conflict with the mission objectives given to the SMS. So instead of just speeding into the nest and using its reflex cannon, which it seemingy could easily have done at any point anyway, what does brera do? he goes into an unprovoked dogfight with SMS, particularly against klan klan. all the time he's spending playing with klan, alto and mikhail is time that the other SMS members could have completed their mission. this just doesn't jive well with all the efforts that leon is making to hide the existence of the VF27.

sure i'm happy that brera acted this way; otherwise we wouldn't have seen all that mecha dogfight action. :)

but still, it didn't make any sense, tactically speaking. (unless klan already had samples of the nest with her? if she did, i didn't catch it).

Still don't think Leon is involved with Brera's given that Grace (who is possibly involved with him) was spying on him. Also, any order for S.M.S. to check out the nest probably comes from Leon, so him sending Brera out to take out the nest makes no sense.

Edited by d3v

Still don't think Leon is involved with Brera's given that Grace (who is possibly involved with him) was spying on him. Also, any order for S.M.S. to check out the nest probably comes from Leon, so him sending Brera out to take out the nest makes no sense.

But at the very least, even if leon does not have any control over brera, he must know something about him or about his valk. otherwise, why would he go to all the trouble of concealing its existence from the SMS or the rest of the fleet?

i agree, though, that the only way the actions of brera would make sense is that if leon or NUNS does not have any control over him and his mech.

good analogy about VF25 and VF27. where the VF25 has more or less traditional controls like the YF19, the VF27's cockpit controls could be similar to the brain interface of the YF21.

I think it makes more sense that Leon isn't in the same faction as Brera, but possibly someone who knows more of the Vajra than he lets ppl know. At this point of time, his actions seem to show that he wants to eradicate the Vajra...and he knows that Ranka plays a key role in this hence stopping her rise to fame so as to easily remove her when the time is ripe.

Brera's faction (Galaxy?) seems abit more mysterious. A number of theories have been made about why they are trying to destroy the "evidence" so we'll watch on to see what happens.

And yes Brera's action in engaging Klan was unnecessary in terms of the mission. It probably shows his "arrogant hate to lose" trait and would challenge anyone worthy to a dogfight. He'll probably get a lecture from whoever he's working for next episode.

And yes Brera's action in engaging Klan was unnecessary in terms of the mission. It probably shows his "arrogant hate to lose" trait and would challenge anyone worthy to a dogfight. He'll probably get a lecture from whoever he's working for next episode.

He's an arrogant, brooding, trigger happy prick of a pilot, the type most usually associated with Gundam.

It wasn't a bad episode, I'd just like more progress in the overall story. Seems like they've been spinning their wheels...

They may not be...remember when the Broadcast Edition of Episode 1 aired, and most of us were puzzled as to why they left out a good chunk of the battle in favor of Alto and Sheryl antics...? And then the next week, we realized just how important those antics had been as the springboard for the "What 'Bout My Earring?" storyline.

I think we are all saddened by that.

He must be the over-protective Matriarch/Den mother of the S.M.S.

Actually, I believe the both fighters are just about on par with each other. Similar to the Super Nova AVFs in Plus (YF-19 and YF-21).

I agree, if Leon was working with Grace and Brera, if they were working together Grace wouldn't had need to hack the meeting and also Leon would have delayed any investigation of the nest so SMS would have arrive only to find a destroyed nesst

I have a feeling there is one main corporation running Galaxy's technological advancements, and that for more leverage, is also sided with NUNS. I think its the rival of L.A.I.

Alto taking on Brera was a good, albeit short fight. Alto being able to take him on without flinching and getting mauled in the process was impressive. Our kabuki warrior is growing quite adept to plunging into battle and surviving.

One of my favorite parts in this episode was Alto calling Michel out. Its about time that prick got called out. Too bad Michel bruised up Alto more than Alto bruised him up. Michel, that arrogant bastard had it coming.

It was hilarious seeing the flashpack frame when Klan tells Alto that she and Michel were childhood friends.

Also, looks like Bobby will have trouble deciding which pilot from Skull team will be his hime.

As for the pixies, I figure Klan did the same and decided to check out a separate area on her own while Nene and Raramia went off somewhere else.

Also note which team responded to Clan Clan's distress call. It wasn't her fellow Pixie team members, but instead Alto and Mikhail. And Alto has time for a full-on dogfight with Brera without the Pixies ever showing up. The writers may not have intended it, but there's probably an argument there that Clan Clan intentionally arranged things so that her patrol zone would let her keep an eye on Mikhail.

Also note which team responded to Clan Clan's distress call. It wasn't her fellow Pixie team members, but instead Alto and Mikhail. And Alto has time for a full-on dogfight with Brera without the Pixies ever showing up. The writers may not have intended it, but there's probably an argument there that Clan Clan intentionally arranged things so that her patrol zone would let her keep an eye on Mikhail.

Hmm, making sure that there's nothing going on between Michel and the Princess behind her back. :lol:

On a more serious note, I wonder where Klan in in terms of hierarchy. Is she on the same level as Ozma as a squad leader or does Ozma oversee all S.M.S. squadrons as well as his own acting as the Macross Quarter's CAG.

Edited by d3v

Or like someone mentioned, maybe its just they didn't have the time/budget to render them in. Or maybe its a direction thing.

Even with Macross Zero, it would seem our heroes are the only ones fighting the war. Sure u see some cannon fodders here and there but only very rarely. Even in ep 7, i don't think we ever saw the Pixies giving the impression Klan fights alone.....

Or like someone mentioned, maybe its just they didn't have the time/budget to render them in. Or maybe its a direction thing.

Even with Macross Zero, it would seem our heroes are the only ones fighting the war. Sure u see some cannon fodders here and there but only very rarely. Even in ep 7, i don't think we ever saw the Pixies giving the impression Klan fights alone.....

Possibly because it would be harder to direct the whole sequence if the rest of the Pixies were included in the scene as well. There's also the issue of avoiding what happened in 7 which just recycled footage of cannon fodder getting owned over and over again.

He's an arrogant, brooding, trigger happy prick of a pilot, the type most usually associated with Gundam.

I dunno why, but Brera Sterne reminds me of Quamzin Kravshera a lot... I just hope he and Ozma Lee don't end up killing each other in battle later... :unsure:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

iirc, even Clan Clan was only seen right after the launch when she taunted Mikhail.

On a more serious note, I wonder where Klan in in terms of hierarchy. Is she on the same level as Ozma as a squad leader or does Ozma oversee all S.M.S. squadrons as well as his own acting as the Macross Quarter's CAG.

I'm guessing that Ozma is overall squadron leader. He's the one that retrieves Alto in episode 2 so that Alto can tell everyone about Gilliam's death. His conversation with the med-lady/Monster pilot in episode 6 also suggests to me that he's over her in the command structure. And since she's not directly a part of his VF-25 flight, that would mean that he's probably over the entire SMS mecha complement on the Quarter.

I dunno why, but Brera Sterne reminds me of Quamzin Kravshera a lot... I just hope he and Ozma Lee don't end up killing each other in battle later... :unsure:

Good point there, although Brera seems more brooding than Quamzin. That, and we haven't seen him bet on who he'd crash into yet.

just my 2 cents

varja use different technology, they fold differently, can fold through dislocation, they are not protoculture based.

therefore there is no way thye are created by galaxy, galaxy only use clone and have cpu in hummies brain.

the time that galaxy takes to make a new race, impossible that they can starting build a battleship.

Possibly because it would be harder to direct the whole sequence if the rest of the Pixies were included in the scene as well. There's also the issue of avoiding what happened in 7 which just recycled footage of cannon fodder getting owned over and over again.

Eh? I must've missed it cuz the only cannonfodder i saw during ep 7 were the ones in the hangars during transformation of Quarter.

We only see some fodder in the form of red streaks flying around the Quarter shooting at blue streaks (Vajra).

in hindsight....i think i remember VF-117s launching with fold boosters, but was that ep7?