Are you a left or right brain person?

How do you know if you are a right brain or a left brain person?

The answer is: watch Evangelion.

Remember the spinning Rei from the "Fly Me to the Moon" sequence? If you see Rei spinning clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain, and vice versa. Most of us would see Rei turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

Linky to the "Fly Me to the Moon" Sequence":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1ZpAaAKM4

Linky which explains the meaning of a right or left brain user:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...ml?from=mostpop

Now the question is, did Anno do that on purpose to play with our minds??? or just another Eva Urban Legend... :blink:

SpinginRei.jpg

How do you know if you are a right brain or a left brain person?

The answer is: watch Evangelion.

Remember the spinning Rei from the "Fly Me to the Moon" sequence? If you see Rei spinning clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain, and vice versa. Most of us would see Rei turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

Linky to the "Fly Me to the Moon" Sequence":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1ZpAaAKM4

Linky which explains the meaning of a right or left brain user:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...ml?from=mostpop

Now the question is, did Anno do that on purpose to play with our minds??? or just another Eva Urban Legend... :blink:

SpinginRei.jpg

I see Rei going whichever way I think of. If I think clockwise before I look, she goes clockwise. If I think counterclockwise, she goes counterclockwise. And I can make her switch during. Does that mean I have the traits of both lists or, more likely, there's actually no actual scientific basis in this test?

hmmm aren't right-handed people using more of the left-brain? thats why we see it as anti-clockwise in your 2nd link

i'm right handed and i do see it spinning anti-clockwise but for Rei i see it clockwise most of the time...

the trick is to keep trying to see it spin CW then ACW and repeat (WARNING: may result in brain damage, do at own risk :p) I think covering the left/right eye helps.

interesting topic ;)

Edited by Shun

On the Dancer, looking directly at her, she appears to go anti-clockwise. But you look at her from her head she's going clockwise.

The trick is to point your index finger outward and rotate anti-clockwise. Now without stopping the rotation, turn your index finger back at yourself - now your finger appears to rotate clockwise.

It's looking at the same movement but from different angles and you get a different result.

I honestly can't even see enough of her head in that video to tell one way or another, but just looking at the feet, she seems to swap directions on her own regularly, without me even thinking about it. :blink:

I think it has to do with the perspective... With the natural focal point of the picture in the middle, the feet seem like they should be above you. So, whichever foot is higher looks closer. The problem is, there's not always one foot higher than the other.. and sometimes, the same foot stays above the other.

Eh.. I always screw these kinds of left brain/right brain tests up anyway.. I can write any combination of forwards or backwards simultaneously with both hands to begin with. Used to creep my friends out. ^_^

For guys only since both specimens from the tests are females - This can be a good test to find out whether you're the type who is only interested a woman's facial beauty or only her lady lumps, or both... for the dudes who are discerning enough to see both rotations in a single footage. If you look from the Dancer's feet up, you're a T&A lover. If you look at her face before gazing downwards, you're more interested in her looks. Now if you're gonna tell me that you're always looking for inner beauty, you're wasting your time with this test. :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

Stupid psych tests. :angry: I guess I'm inflexible. :lol:

Rei's turning CCW for me no matter what, particularly looking at her feet, knees, and tush/pelvis.

The dancer is CCW only - look at the shadow (they should've removed it and the figure tilt).

So, which do you like better, chocolate or the color blue?

Rei's spinning went in both directions for me, starting with clock-wise first. They actually seemed to alternate their directions every couple of seconds. I couldn't control the direction at all, regardless of my concentration.

The dancer does exactly the same, even starting in the same direction.

Does this mean my brain alternates between both right-brained and left-brained. Is this even possible?

Rei's spinning went in both directions for me, starting with clock-wise first. They actually seemed to alternate their directions every couple of seconds. I couldn't control the direction at all, regardless of my concentration.

The dancer does exactly the same, even starting in the same direction.

Does this mean my brain alternates between both right-brained and left-brained. Is this even possible?

yup. Most people are dominant one hemisphere or another, but some people aren't. Women in particular are more likely to use both halves of their brain. Some people think this is due to a larger corpus callosum.

Actually, the profile is the same no matter if it's spinning left (the Dancer) or right (Rei) - that's why you get different answers from people looking at the same thing. People who see it rotating one direction but see it change direction once they concentrate means that the dormant part of their brain taking control. This is a simple but effective test to find out whether you are right or left brain dominant by nature - It's by no means that you'll remain right or left brain dominant forever. With some training, you'll see them rotating both directions. It really depends on where you look first.

Here's the bomeshell: Rei spins which ever way you want her to be. Sounds like a familiar theme?? Omedetō.

post-3608-1209989616.gif

PS. After finished watching Gurren Lagann the other week, I thought I had found a series overtaking Evangelion, I got very nostalgic and re-watched the Eva TV episodes...so I made this very silly topic...but I just reconfirmed that EVA is still my all time fav...woo...whoo!!!!

post-3608-1209990374.gif

Edited by Mowe