transforming Super Valkyries from Macross - Max's blue-detailed VF-1A and

Hikaru's Red-detailed one. The best part of these figures is the price -

Toynami will be bringing them over at an MSRP nearly equal to the Japanese

MSRP, so you can pick these babies up for only $84.99 each! Check them

out here -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search....55+bandai+super

WTF!?!?!

The Four Horsemen ride tonight. Thanks Toynami. <_<

This is a very interesting move. According to Graham, Yamato cannot let Toynami import their Macross toys unless they wish to incur Big West's wrath. So what does this say about Bandai's relationship with Big West? Or, has Big West suddenly changed their stance towards Toynami?

Could it be? Since Toynami used the label Macross on their 1/100 line, Big West allowed them to work in conjunction with Bandai?

Here's to hoping that Toynami can be allowed to ONLY distribute (and not part take in the creation of) MacrossF toys. ^_^

If the releases are the exact same, with no Toynami alterations/modifications, then I am glad these things are being brought over. This means we can see them in comic shops without paying so high.

True that. Plus they come with the Boobie Ducks. A HUGE +. And the price isn't too much of a turn off.

:ph34r:

Yep, the news is true. I just got off the phone with Toynami to confirm this. I'll be getting a preorder offering up very soon!

-Kevin

Hey Kevin, can you ask them what else they plan to bring over? I smell strike valkyrie in this!

A maserpiece from toynami! And the same prices too! Well WITH FPs.

Plus so durable, gloss paint coat...oh...oh...smooth...damn...yea...hell yea....gloss....

Funny how the imported stuff is barely more expensive than Toynami's domestic releases.

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in. the hikaru 1A is the only bandai reissue i didn't get and i really want that super Max 1A might have to get both.

The Four Horsemen ride tonight. Thanks Toynami. <_<

This is a very interesting move. According to Graham, Yamato cannot let Toynami import their Macross toys unless they wish to incur Big West's wrath. So what does this say about Bandai's relationship with Big West? Or, has Big West suddenly changed their stance towards Toynami?

I thought that it was Toycom that had the "cannot release Macross" toys put in place by the CEO before he jumped ship and founded Toynami to do MPC veritechs. Then Toycom closed up and reopened at Yamato USA. Is that what your referring to? Or was it something else that Graham said?

Either way, this development is very interesting. Though I find it disheartening that Toynami is taking part in it.

My jaw just hit the floor and did a double take at the same time... so it hit the floor twice. O_O

I don't want to get too optimistic about this, but this could mean very good things for MacF in the US with Bandai's involvement.. The fact that Toynami has been using the DYRL label for some things recently could mean they decided to go straight to the original source.

Now, my big question... I wonder how much this could be related to the idea of a robotech movie that's been bouncing around.. Toynami toys haven't been so mainstream that you can find them at the average walmart (at least I haven't seen any, if someone can correct me, please do).. I remember seeing robotech toys in the past, but outside of collectors shops, I've seen nothing since the 80s. On the other hand, you go anywhere near the Transformers in toy stores today, and you might get bowled over by the amounts of Gundam stuff.

So... is it possible that Toynami is looking to Bandai since it doesn't think it could keep up with the production requirements that would go hand in hand with successful merchandizing of a movie?

I don't know about anyone else, but if I saw classic chunkies sitting on a shelf in walmart next to a stack of Optimus Primes, I'd probably need new pants.

As for them remaining unchanged... well, I don't know how big Toynami is as a company, but I'm gonna bet Bandai could buy them out ten times over and not break a sweat. Any changes by Toynami to the 1/55 would be like a direct slap in the face to Bandai. I don't know what that might cause in the business world, but it couldn't be good for Toynami.

Edited by Chronocidal

So... is it possible that Toynami is looking to Bandai since it doesn't think it could keep up with the production requirements that would go hand in hand with successful merchandizing of a movie?

I don't know about anyone else, but if I saw classic chunkies sitting on a shelf in walmart next to a stack of Optimus Primes, I'd probably need new pants.

As for them remaining unchanged... well, I don't know how big Toynami is as a company, but I'm gonna bet Bandai could buy them out ten times over and not break a sweat. Any changes by Toynami to the 1/55 would be like a direct slap in the face to Bandai. I don't know what that might cause in the business world, but it couldn't be good for Toynami.

I think you are reading too much into it. I doubt these will ever show up in mass market, like at walmart. I think we will only see these via etailers or comic shops/specialty stores. They will just be cheaper than what we would usually have to pay for an import.

The way I see it, Toynami found something a lot of people still like, something already made, and just made a distribution deal. More money for them in this case, with no work needed on the r/d end of the deal.

I thought that it was Toycom that had the "cannot release Macross" toys put in place by the CEO before he jumped ship and founded Toynami to do MPC veritechs. Then Toycom closed up and reopened at Yamato USA. Is that what your referring to?

I'm referring to somthing else. A while ago someone asked Graham why doesn't Yamato allow Toynami to import their toys to the USA. IIRC, his response was that Big West would no longer do business with Yamato if they went that route.

The fact that Toynami has been using the DYRL label for some things recently could mean they decided to go straight to the original source.

Harmony Gold has held the DYRL merchandising rights since the 1980's and Toynami optioned that license from Harmony Gold when it came to the DYRL Superposables and 1/100 toys.

hmmm....a non-updated toy from the 80's and they want $85 for it?!?!?

i guess its good news for the 1/55's collectors but wouldn't people rather put that money towards the upcoming 1/60's?

Agreed. Unless they release the Strike, then i'd pick one up.

Kevin, does your distributor know if Toynami is going to repackage these in their book style boxes, or are they just going to slap a Toynami sticker on the Bandai box?

My odds on Toynami book box holding a chunky: 1:1,000,000

This was brought to my attention a little bit ago:

Article on the deal up at Robotech.com

Based off of what I'm reading (if I have read this correctly), the TV series VF-1's will be marketed as Robotech, but DYRL VF-1 Valkyries will be marketed as such. Guess we'll see how this pans out.

I've looked at the preorder pages for the VF-1J and S and they are being pushed as MACROSS VALKYRIES, so hopefully the TV series will be Macross, too.

Edited by Apollo Leader

Based off of what I'm reading (if I have read this correctly), the TV series VF-1's will be marketed as Robotech, but DYRL VF-1 Valkyries will be marketed as such. Guess we'll see how this pans out.

2009 will mark the release of 1/55 Veritechs from the Robotech television series, with plans to eventually release all known 1/55 Valkyrie toys, including rare and exotic variants.

Now that would be very very cool. Forget Yamato - I want to complete my Chunky Monkey collection!

Chunky monkeys for a good price, and a good chance at finally getting a damn TV VF-1A Max type. HELL YES!

Rare/exotic variants=DYRL armored trio to me! ELINT/SUPER O/STRIKE!

Never thought I'd see the day where chunkies would be domestically distributed in the states. I am a happy man!

\

Wait.......that means Hikaru's VF-1J and Focker's 1S will be around $65!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

2009 will mark the release of 1/55 Veritechs from the Robotech television series, with plans to eventually release all known 1/55 Valkyrie toys, including rare and exotic variants.

Now that would be very very cool. Forget Yamato - I want to complete my Chunky Monkey collection!

Hopefully that last blurb means that the Super Ostrich and Elint Seeker will be getting some love... and a US release. ^_^

Well Robotech.com has the VF-1S and J for preorder for $79.99. Considering that Big Bad Toy Store is preordering the Super VF-1A's at $84.99, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find the VF-1J and S for well less then $80 through other dealers.