Transformers Super Thread 7

Aside from color, how is Artfire any better? A Japan-only character that barely rated an appearance in some manga, just to hawk another Inferno repaint?

Targetmaster! They could either use Nightstick, or maybe we'll get more TMs that they can use.

How could they do Grapple? Grapple's main difference was having a crane boom instead of a ladder, not his color change. Classic Inferno doesn't have a ladder to swap with... Well, they could pull an Ultra Magnus. "Hey, let's repaint Prime white and call him Ultra Magnus---nevermind his distinct armor!"

PS--Grapple rocked, especially in the movie.

PPS--found all the new TFs today, bought Sideswipe and Silverstreak. (my first examples of those molds). Passed on Ironhide, looks awful in person, paint/colorwise. Will snag Henkei version instead, or Ratchet.

that Inferno looks great. and hopefully indestructible.

i'm definitely getting one!

when's the release date on this thing? i want it now! :lol:

i guess they could swap the water cannon with a ladder or crane arm if they wanted to.

maybe they already designed it like the Sideswipe/Sunstreaker? who knows, there could be parts for the other guys already.

Can you post some pics??

I got my CC upgrade kit too - but my wife is keeping it from me, since it will be a Christmas present.

So I have to wait a few more months before I get a chance to play with it.

:(

You can always check the giganormous gallery on seibertron.com. :)

Yay! I managed to score an Acid Storm....with a missing foot. :| Not even broken. Missing foot and pin. The hunge is clean.

Just when I thought I found one of the harder to get figures.

Aside from color, how is Artfire any better? A Japan-only character that barely rated an appearance in some manga, just to hawk another Inferno repaint?

Oh how can anyone forget the greatest TFer character ever, Hauler?

Oh how can anyone forget the greatest TFer character ever, Hauler?

I would actually prefer a repaint as Roadhauler than as Grapple or Artfire. I've always liked the Constructicon's green with purple color scheme; it stands out. And my collection could always use more Decepticons.

quick shot showing in the background crap i have on my desk, animated Laserbeak looks much better on Megatron's arm than on Soundwave.

edit: duh forgot image...

post-1955-1223587007_thumb.jpg

Edited by RichterX

Just picked Legends Jazz, Hound and Megatron up today. Jazz is an excellent representation of Jazz for the size and with a surprising amount of articulation to boot. Pictures really don't do him justice, and he looks great in pictures as is! Hound is equally as impressive. Like the Animated Activators, I'm just really impressed at how well they pulled off this line. I just did not expect it to be like this.

CIMG1606-1.jpg

The only thing I don't like about Megatron is that you can't remove the cannon and put it on his arm, but that's being real nitpicky, I know.

heh!

fwiw, I finally found and bought SideSwipe and SilverStreak today.

still haven't seen IronHide, tho.

--add--

here 'em pix with their bros:

tfubros001fx4.th.jpgthpix.gif tfubros002cz8.th.jpg

btw, i just read the instructions-sheet for Sideswipe and Hasbro's funny again by just recycling Sunstreaker's instruction, complete with the wrong chest-frontal for good ol' Sideswipe robot-mode. :wacko::lol:

Edited by treatment

The arms are crap, they seem to have the same problems like the Henkei Thundercracker. They barely fit into the arm holes. Mine came with a friggin missing foot.

Edited by kensei

The arms are crap, they seem to have the same problems like the Henkei Thundercracker. They barely fit into the arm holes. Mine came with a friggin missing foot.

Man that sucks, I hope the g1 screamer repaint turns out better.

I finally found Animated Ultra Magnus, it's the best Animated Leader figure out of the three released so far. The hidden weaponry is impressive. He is the most heavily armed of all Animated Autobots so far in the toy line. Transformation is impressive because both modes retain the blocky, animated aesthetic, and it is deceptive. It is much more complex than meets the eye. Ratchets all over the place too, I love that aspect. With weapons revealed, the look changes significantly in every mode, aside from lacking a rifle, the Animated Magnus has way more weaponry than the G1 Magnus.

For those of you tired of Magnus being a repaint of Prime in white with supplemental armor, this figure is for you. He has more features than Bulkhead, is more stable than Megatron with regards to holding poses, and has gimmicks that enhance both playability and aesthetic very well. It might just be the best Autobot figure in the line so far. I think the only one that may top it is Animated Omega Supreme. It is definitely one of the best figures in the line.

Yeah man ,there are plenty of the leader class Animated here. Ultra Magnus is easily the most Magnificent, with guns and all. Easy the best figure.

Roadbuster colour doesn't not do the figure justice though.

I don't mind Magnus being a repaint of Prime in the Ultras, I have the City Commander trailer coming. :D

yeah.

I've been seeing a bunch of Acid Storms and Galvatrons for a couple of weeks now or so, and they just don't do it for me. Really meh, afaic.

Hope I'll be lucky to find Iron Hide in one of the other wally's.

I'm quite meh and not that interested in the Animated-series, but I've also yet to see their Ultra Magnus version.

PS--Grapple rocked, especially in the movie.

Eh???

Grapple was in the movie??

It is POSSIBLE that Grapple was in the movie for like 1 second - during the waning hours of the nighttime battle for Autobot city, something that possibly appears to be Grapple runs out of the trenches firing his weapon...

But....um...unless this was for sure Grapple, and the act of charging out of the trenches overshadowed all of the other performances... it's hard to say he rocked in the movie :)

Pete

New TakaraTomy product RUMORS (take with grain of salt):

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...p-grimlock.html

- Alternity Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron (blue and silver versions)

Why didn't they make the Alternity Nissan Fairlady Z into Silverstreak?? That's his alt mode ...

Eh???

It is POSSIBLE that Grapple was in the movie for like 1 second - during the waning hours of the nighttime battle for Autobot city, something that possibly appears to be Grapple runs out of the trenches firing his weapon...

But....um...unless this was for sure Grapple, and the act of charging out of the trenches overshadowed all of the other performances... it's hard to say he rocked in the movie :)

Pete

I was hoping someone would catch that--post was a bit sarcastic, and referring to that scene. :)

QUOTE (VFTF1 @ Oct 12 2008, 08:00 AM) *

Eh???

But....um...unless this was for sure Grapple, and the act of charging out of the trenches overshadowed all of the other performances... it's hard to say he rocked in the movie smile.gif

Pete

I was hoping someone would catch that--post was a bit sarcastic, and referring to that scene. smile.gif

Aaaaaaa. I didn't catch the sarcasm :) But now I understand :)

Don't get too excited, the Energon Bruticus was ok. Great individual molds, but there were only 3 different ones, Hasbro re-used 2 limbs.

Others have pointed it out, but it is worth repeating a trillion times:

If E-Bruticus/Repaint E-Bruticus actually had FISTS like the ones in the instructions booklet picture, he would be almost cool (almost because ultimately you can't have Bruticus without a jeep and a space shuttle as well as chopper, tank and missile truck). As it stands however, it, like everything from Energon, is atrocious.

Pete

If E-Bruticus/Repaint E-Bruticus actually had FISTS like the ones in the instructions booklet picture, he would be almost cool (almost because ultimately you can't have Bruticus without a jeep and a space shuttle as well as chopper, tank and missile truck). As it stands however, it, like everything from Energon, is atrocious.

Those fists were the first thing I zoomed in on when the page loaded. If only the real combiner had fists like that. I HATE the "energon" parts in Energon. That they're oddly proportioned makes it worse. Although if they make them appear solid colored like they did on Classics Devastator, it will be an improvement over the original.

Does yours have the sides of the windscreen painted? I hate that about the paint apps!

just got Animated swoop... it is a very nice figure but must have the easiest trasnsformation since g1 bumblebee