Macross variable fighter/mecha pose thread

Nice NSJ23 :) Is that stand for the VF-OS a Yamato stand? It looks really cool.

Pete

Yes, Pete that is the black version of the yammie stand. I like those for all valk's but the 1/48 VF-1.

Has anyone already tried the ultimate SV-51 pose?

sv-51-cgi-battroid-gunandwings.gif

Image from Macross Mecha Manual

EDIT: Good luck! I've tried it with my own SV-51, and it won't really work. Besides the CGI version has slightly different proportions, the hinges and joints are to weak to hold the part in the good configuration. I've come a long way, but not just yet...

Edited by Remko

To my mind the only problem in reaching that pose would be that the legs don't "split" outwards... as for joints - which ones would be too weak? None of my Ivanov's joints are weak...old man (had to add the Obi Wan reference) :)

But this is a cool pose and I should try it - although I'll probably try with my Nora - my Ivanov happens to be in fighter mode now and I don't feel like transforming him. Nora's in battroid mode and eager to pose for pictures:)

Pete

Has anyone already tried the ultimate SV-51 pose?

sv-51-cgi-battroid-gunandwings.gif

Image from Macross Mecha Manual

EDIT: Good luck! I've tried it with my own SV-51, and it won't really work. Besides the CGI version has slightly different proportions, the hinges and joints are to weak to hold the part in the good configuration. I've come a long way, but not just yet...

How about this? Sorry, the pic is a tad dark. I should have upped the brightness before uploading it. The only thing I really couldn't duplicate is the shoulder armor tilting up. You just can't do that on the toy. Otherwise, I think Yamato did an excellent job on designing this to be pretty close to the show.

post-10222-1230363515_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Fixed the brightness a bit.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

How about this? Sorry, the pic is a tad dark. I should have upped the brightness before uploading it. The only thing I really couldn't duplicate is the shoulder armor tilting up. You just can't do that on the toy. Otherwise, I think Yamato did an excellent job on designing this to be pretty close to the show.

pretty close... cool. ^_^

awesome pose!

Tried it without stand, ok so i cheated, there are cracks in the coffee table to hold her up better :p

PC270002.jpg

PC270003.jpg

Yes, she is floppy, alot of weight to hold up the tall long legged Russian gal, love the SV-51!

Anyways off to do some real poses now... back later

PC270001w.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Excellent!! I have a pose on my SV-51y now which looks a bit like "Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot... Better raise my big gun and blast the hell out of it!!" It's a startled SV-51, going in the defense mode. I'll set up my portable photostudio tomorrow and take some pictures.