Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

^_^

I meant in the transformation, not stylistically...

I'll have to wait for clearer pictures, but I don't see the white shoulder markings on the dorsal or ventral surfaces. Of course, if the intakes stay on the chest instead of the legs, then there may be some more areas in there for shoulder armor.

On another note...

Am I the only one who thinks about Gatchaman when I see the VF-19S?

Yes.... and I think the shoulder pads fold onto the arms which are behind the gun in the ventral fighter view so you can't see them very well. It is also possible the white spots face the fighter when folded in so you wouldn't see them anyway.

The thing is with Gundam SEED the big battle episodes got high ratings and the ones after dropped, I think most people watching these shows so late at night know what's going to be in the episode too... I mean if I'm going to stay up to 2am to watch something I'll definitely look up what's going to be in it. Also going by this theory than episode 4 caused a rating drop that took until episode 8 to recover and episode 4 was a great mix of everything.

Considering the way the rollercoaster-like ratings for Frontier has been I really can't be surprised by the drop. However it is still quite a massive drop and one can't help but be awed by it. As it is, it'll be good if it gets back up to the 2.0 range during the run of next few episodes. It does beg the question of how much the gap created by the postponed broadcast of next week's episode is going to affect it when it finally returns the week after. It could quite possibly drop further as the break in schedule may cause people to forget about it that week but should be rectified by the week after that though.

Anyone got the result of this months newtype polls for male, female and anime?

Now I officially declared that the myth of a 13-episodes series is truly busted! :p

lol the dvd volume listings busted that myth months ago.

Just curious, but is that the VF-25 "Sheryl Special" that Sheryl and Ranka are posing with? :ph34r:

BTW, Sheryl looks real HOT!!! :D

Judging from Ranka's dress and Sheryl's bikini, that pic should be based on ep 10.

The VF-25, will be the white n' grey VF-25 that stood in for the VF-0 during filming.

Graham

Only the one for ep 14 of course. The Synopsis for 11-13 is already up.

Are you talking about the one liners for 11-13 we had a few weeks ago? The newtype spoilers are more detailed... either way got a link? Also I don't suppose any translator can give us the title for episode 14?

ep 14 - Mothers lullaby

Mother's lullaby keeps the secret in the memory of Ranca

What is the truth that the memory points to?

And, what's the relation between Vajra and Brera and Ranka?

People with better grasp of the languages please correct me if i'm wrong :p

Edited by Shun

I decided to drop the Episode 11 summary from the official site (http://www.macrossf.com/story/story_list.html) into Babelfish to see what came up -

Original Japanese version -

映画出演により、注目され始めたランカは、忙しい毎日が続いていた。

一方、アルトの前に兄弟子である矢三郎が突然現れる。

アルトの父・嵐蔵が倒れたので、家に帰るようにとアルトを諭す矢三郎。

そんなこととは知らず、ランカとシェリルは、それぞれアルトの誕生日を

祝おうと計画する。

After being mangled by Babelfish -

By movie performance, as for [ranka] which starts being observed, busy every day was continued. On the one hand, arrow Saburo who is the sibling child before the alto appears suddenly. Because the father stormy warehouse of alto collapsed, in order to return to the house, arrow Saburo who cautions alto. Such a thing you do not know, that you probably will celebrate the birthday of the respective alto, you plan [ranka] and [shieriru].

So it looks like

we're going to meet Alto's brother(?), Saburo, in episode 11. I'm guessing he's the guy in the middle picture on the episode 11 page.

Oh my is that hot or what!!! Woo-hoo. However Sheryl does look a tad bit too thin IMHO.

If anyone has a clear scan that would be great.

Found one at the Animesuki forums.

009213025.jpg

Edited by d3v