Star Wars toys

Just to be sure, you're talking about the tri-solar panel one? If so, it's been out. I picked one up late last year. I can post picks tomorrow as I'm about to go to sleep at the moment. The interesting thing about this Titanium is that it came with a special stand that attaches to the rear of the vehicle rather than the bottom.

Yep, that's the TIE Defender: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D_Defender

The most bad-arse TIE ever spawned.

Definitely get some picts, I want to see how they did. The last rendition of it, which was a Galoob Action Fleet, was good but not 100% accurate (though the rest of the TIEs in the line were excellent). It keeps getting rumored that LEGO will release a TIE Defender set, but so far they haven't (7678 Droid Gunship was originally listed as being a TIE Defender by many sites).

Vostok 7

Sign me up as a hardcore fan of the TIE Avenger. I have loved that thing since the long ago, far, far away days of college and playing TIE Fighter on a 486. Many years ago, I found a Lego custom someone did on Brickshelf.

Dibal's Tie Avenger

I'd love to have that set, or at least instructions on how to build it.

Sign me up as a hardcore fan of the TIE Avenger. I have loved that thing since the long ago, far, far away days of college and playing TIE Fighter on a 486. Many years ago, I found a Lego custom someone did on Brickshelf.

Dibal's Tie Avenger

I'd love to have that set, or at least instructions on how to build it.

I've been trying to make a LEGO Avenger for many years but just haven't finished it. I'm too much of a perfectionist, so as good as that one is I still focus on all the flaws and wanted to fix them in mine.

Vostok 7

Yep, that's the TIE Defender: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D_Defender

The most bad-arse TIE ever spawned.

Definitely get some picts, I want to see how they did. The last rendition of it, which was a Galoob Action Fleet, was good but not 100% accurate (though the rest of the TIEs in the line were excellent). It keeps getting rumored that LEGO will release a TIE Defender set, but so far they haven't (7678 Droid Gunship was originally listed as being a TIE Defender by many sites).

Vostok 7

I won't be able to take any pics until I get home this evening. However, here is the link to the rebelsum.com review. In any case, the photos from rebelscum.com are way better than any I would take at home. One thing to note that is not on the rebelscum review is that the solar panels are plastic, not die-cast metal. The top solar panel is hinged. I think to be able to fit it in the standard titanium packaging.

http://www.rebelscum.com/SW08TStiedefender.asp

I won't be able to take any pics until I get home this evening. However, here is the link to the rebelsum.com review. In any case, the photos from rebelscum.com are way better than any I would take at home. One thing to note that is not on the rebelscum review is that the solar panels are plastic, not die-cast metal. The top solar panel is hinged. I think to be able to fit it in the standard titanium packaging.

http://www.rebelscum.com/SW08TStiedefender.asp

Thanks! Two issues: "Adjustable solar panels"? WTF? And the stand rod isn't removable? This just went from a "must buy" to a "must miss". Thank goodness the Galoob Action Fleet Defender was decent.

Vostok 7

I still have the Action Fleet TIE Defender that I got used and open box off ebay a couple years. Have no clue where it is since I moved.

I still have the Action Fleet TIE Defender that I got used and open box off ebay a couple years. Have no clue where it is since I moved.

I have both the E-Wing and the TIE Defender... Got tempted to sell them when the prices reached $300+ a few years ago, but mine aren't MIB so that only makes them worth $75-$100.

I guess they were pretty rare back in the day! I found them both on the shelves.

Vostok 7

New packaging designs in the works.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/20090109.html

When looking into new packaging I wonder if they consider the tamper resistance factor. The figure packaging they have now is nice because it is easy to open without destroying the card, but it is very easy to hack into at the store. I don't think I've ever seen a Titanium package hacked at the store. Those Titanium packs are a pain to open. I also don't like how the hook on the Titaniums are so weak. They are constantly falling of the pegs and they get worn out to the point where it doesn't hang anymore.

Also, I like how easy it is to swing the figure packages as they hang on the pegs in order to hunt for whichever one I am looking for. The roundness to the top and bubble helps with this. The photo or name of the item needs to be on the bottom corner of the package to make it easy to spot your favorite as you fan through a row of figures.

I don't know why I am going off about packaging. I suppose it's one of my pet peeves. :p

One other thing, I noticed the figures at Wal-mart went up about $1. WTF! Now Target is the lowest price around. At least I hope that they will not raise their price also.

Edited by sharky

To answer your specific question, no I don't hang them on pegs.

In my previous post I was referring to the items hanging in the stores. I'm pretty regular about visiting my local stores once a week usually on my lunch break or on my way home from work. I'll at least visit one a day to see if there is anything new. I go so often these days it seems like I know more than the workers there. :p I know some of you know what I am talking about. :D

I open almost all my toys I collect. I will save some MIB if I feel it's "special" such as my Walmart exclusive 501st figure or my General McQuarrie figure. I don't collect because something might be valuable later on. I collect for the fun of it. The ones I save MIB I simply put away in a closet.

Oh same same for me, collect to admire not to sell later on.

Just thought it would be cool if you or someone invented a wall set up or wardrobe to show off their figures kinda like sex and the city or that Heineken beer add where this girl invites her girlfriends and suprises them with this sex&thecity wardrobe from heaven and they are yelling and screaming and after a few secs they hear some guys going abolsutle ape s^ht other side of the house and her boyfriend shows off this massive fridge wall to wall Heineken. :lol: what a brilliant add. LOL

Quick question guys, In regards to the BMF docking bay where the escape pod is being held. Im not a big fan the escape pod, so i was considering on replacing it with something else that is not star wars related:

Will a Bandai/Matchbox VF-1 Joke Machine fit in the docking bay? :unsure:

Just picked up the Green Leader A-wing from Wal-Mart last nightwas on clearance. This is a great toy with a great back story. Seems fairly detailed compared to other Star Wars toys, only two problems I have with it are the front landing gear (stand) is a little floppy when it is not retracted and the cockpit flops open when it is turned upside down. The figure is pretty nice comes with a helmet but no weapon. This is a toy I always wanted as a kid. I am quite happy to finally have one. Now I just need a Y-wing.

If you're not scared to take apart the A-wing, I found a quick fix for the floppy canopy and gear.

The gear are held in place when up or down (kind of a ratcheting action) by little "teeth" that are screwed into the bottom of the ship. If you tighten those up a bit, the gear are harder to move up and down, but they also don't droop.

The canopy I fixed by wrapping a small rubber band around the internal part of the sliding bump.. there's actually a nice notch carved out of that part on mine. The band keeps a bit of tension on the canopy when closed, because it presses up a little on the canopy's sliding peg.

If you're not scared to take apart the A-wing, I found a quick fix for the floppy canopy and gear.

The gear are held in place when up or down (kind of a ratcheting action) by little "teeth" that are screwed into the bottom of the ship. If you tighten those up a bit, the gear are harder to move up and down, but they also don't droop.

The canopy I fixed by wrapping a small rubber band around the internal part of the sliding bump.. there's actually a nice notch carved out of that part on mine. The band keeps a bit of tension on the canopy when closed, because it presses up a little on the canopy's sliding peg.

Nice. I will try to do that on my A-wing. At some point I may want to remove the landing gear and plug up the area. At which point I will hang it from the ceiling as in flight.

Some Targets have it for $35.

I'm holding out. My local department store (called Fred Meyer, it's like a Northwest version of Target, but we have Target too) has like a WALL of the BMFs, and it's a town of around 10k low to median income (though I'm surprised the large influx of college kids we get haven't snapped them all up). Last I looked they were already marked down to around $100, and it probably won't be too much longer until they're much lower.

Vostok 7

Lots of cool rumors brewing.

Count Dooku FX lightsaber is on my wish list as well as the Darth Sidious FX lightsaber. Luke Skywalker(Death Star II) and New Slave Leia figures are also must buys for me. I got my fingers crossed. ;) Keep in mind these are not confirmed.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Lates...mors_120477.asp

Today at Target I saw a wave of figures I had not seen yet. It was a Legacy Collection/Saga Legends wave. It consisted of:

Luke Skywalker(X-wing pilot)

Sand Trooper

Clone Trooper(ROTS)

Saessee Tiin

Tri-Droid

Snowtrooper

Arc Trooper(Red Commander)

Perhaps some one else got to the Snowtrooper and Arc Trooper first because I did not see them. The Luke is the same as the one found in the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory 2-Pack with battle damaged R2-D2. I have the Droid Factory set so I passed on Luke. I did pick up the ROTS Clone Trooper, Tri-Droid, and Sand Trooper. :D

I don't know if this wave is an older one or newer one. Rebelscum.com does not have any pics and the numbers listed are SL-**, so I guess they are new. :unsure:

Don't know if anybody hs brought this link up yet Star Wars Toys

I thought Hasbro canceled the Indiana Jones line, just before they were going to release a Flying Wing (why does Hasbro always cancel a toy line before releasing the good stuff that will actually sell like hotcakes?).

Vostok 7

I thought Hasbro canceled the Indiana Jones line, just before they were going to release a Flying Wing (why does Hasbro always cancel a toy line before releasing the good stuff that will actually sell like hotcakes?).

Vostok 7

No kidding. There were some cool figures in the works. If they simply put out the good stuff first the entire toyline might have done better. That and make a movie that didn't suck so bad like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Honestly, I'll bet the toys would have done better with simply the legacy of the 1st 3 movies on their own without the new movie.

So far the B-Wing is one of my favorite Star Wars toys I have purchased. I will also admit that they aren't moving in this area as well, and if they get clearanced I will probably be upset with myself. However the Toys'r'us's in this area do not put much on clearance and if they do it doesn't get much of a discount. Just to illustrate this I think I rmember my local Toys'r'us having Fantastic Four figures still.

Now I am just waiting till the release a Y-Wing again.

::looks at link: "Yarna Dal Gargan". So that's the name----all-time greatest pegwarmer of any toy ever from what I can tell. I saw fewer Ric Olies laying around in '99...

Female figs? Don't sell well to kids as a rule. Old females? Worse. Fat and old? Fat and old and ugly? C'mon.

::looks at link: "Yarna Dal Gargan". So that's the name----all-time greatest pegwarmer of any toy ever from what I can tell. I saw fewer Ric Olies laying around in '99...

Female figs? Don't sell well to kids as a rule. Old females? Worse. Fat and old? Fat and old and ugly? C'mon.

Hey David, don't be cruel to my Yarna. She's the holy grail of my Jabba Palace diorama shelf; my dream girl in that I always figured the ONLY way I'd ever see one made is in my dreams or if I decided to customize one (probably would've had to mod the Rancor Keeper :p ). She's just about the only really identifiable character left.... heck, my one friend who enjoys gawking at my toys even realized Yarna was new and knew exactly who she was and she's not all that into Star Wars. That's more that can be said for a number of the obscure background aliens.

But, yes, it really does shock me that Yarna was made as a standard assortment figure. I didn't think I'd even see her as a mail in or exclusive figure for the very reasons you mention above. The only people who would have bought her were completists (either for a collection or, like me, for a scene)... maybe somewhere someone is troop building a Yarna army....