Macross Revoltech

CF18

Well it's taken these Revoltechs and news of the new 1/60 to bring me back this part of the world. :p

Anyway, I can agree that the qaulity of the VF1 Revo's is not great, but the Regult are top notch. However anyone else having issues with slightly too loose hip joints on the Regults?

Also while browsing other forums, the Miriya VF1J might be offered later on through retail? Any confirmation on this?

Thanks. B))

I don't know why the f you guys are bagging the Revo's for quality, besides a couple of missprints on FP's

and rare occasions of sculpt/paint mishaps, the design is brilliant (VF-1's included) and the cost, can't beat it.

The ball joints on the VF-1's are ignorable, and the fact that those are trademark Revoltech joints that Revoltech

pride themselve on, bloody hell give over, they are what makes the awesome poseability.

I don't bag the GNU's either. Both are great lines, just that GNU shoulda included F'N FPS!

Revoltch Regults are just awesome. I almost want more, gotta have reon types and Glaug. Give the officer pod love!

Rant over, my team lost tonight! bastids!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've been collecting Kaiyodo products for years, and the VF1's Revo qaulity finish is not to the standard of their other products!

They are great toys, great sculpts, better looking than those Yamato's, but the paint finishing is sloppy. However with that said, the Regult's are impressive, but mine have loose joints on the hips. Anyone else with this prob?

With that said, I still plan to buy more Revo's and strengthen my Regult army until the Qauds arrive. :lol:

I've been collecting Kaiyodo products for years, and the VF1's Revo qaulity finish is not to the standard of their other products!

They are great toys, great sculpts, better looking than those Yamato's, but the paint finishing is sloppy. However with that said, the Regult's are impressive, but mine have loose joints on the hips. Anyone else with this prob?

With that said, I still plan to buy more Revo's and strengthen my Regult army until the Qauds arrive. :lol:

I have 4 of the 5 VF-1s (I don't have Milia :( ) and the paint jobs are at least up to par with all of my other Revoltech figures. Out of my 36 total figures the Regult probably has the best paint job, followed by the VF-1s and Pocco.

I'm so hoping for a later release of a Milia. Saying that cause by Kaiyodo tradition they tend to re-release exclusives on a more mass market. As per the Trigun lines, Bomes, and etc...

Hoping for some Vf-0's and Qauds next. :)

Got my Regult today after trip number 2 to the post office....:) ....It's really pretty cool...It's my first Revoltech item, and i was a bit skeptical about it, but, until Yamato makes one....these cute little guys will just have to do!

Got my Revoltech Regult yesterday from LOS. The size is about what I expected: smaller than I wanted; I'd peg it at roughly 1/144 scale. Overall it is a very decent figure... a little frustrating to pose as desired at first, but the stand helps a lot.

Picked up the Revoltech YF-19 and YF-21 for HK$129 each today at Tai Yuen Street, near my office.

Attached are some quick comparison photos I just took together with the Yamato GNU.

As you can see, the Yamato GNU are significantly larger.

I've tried to be objective in my comparison, but IMO, after handling both the Revys and GNUs, the Yamato GNUs are superior in the following areas: -

• Accuracy of sculpt = GNU hands down winner. Revoltechs are too stylized IMO and the GNU's are far more faithful to the lineart overall. Although the Revoltech YF-19 has a more accurately sculpted gunpod than the GNU.
  • Quality of material = GNU wins out here again IMO. The high quality ABS used in the GNU both looks and feels better than the rubbery PVC of the Revoltech figures. You definitely get flatter, sharper, crisper looking lines with the ABS GNUs.
  • Paint application and overall finish = IMO a slight edge to Yamato.
  • Value = the Revoltechs have the edge, especially given the amount of accessories included.
  • Articulation = A tie surprisingly. The GNUs have overall nearly as good articulation as the Revoltechs. However, the display stands included with the Revoltechs really allow them to take advantage of their articulation more so than the GNUs. Note that the GNU YF-21 actually has a greater degree of elbow bend than the Revy, although the Revy YF-19 has a greater degree of knee bend than the GNU YF-19. The GNUs can actually stand with their legs straight or adaopt a very wide spread 'A' stance. The Revys are limited to a constant spread leg stance due to their design. The Revy YF-19 does have a rotation point below the intakes, which the GNU does not. IMO (and this is subjective), the Revy YF-19 shoulder joints really give the toy a hunched shoulder look, which looks bad IMO.
  • Accessories = Winner Revoltech, as they include display stands, FAST packs (wrong color on the YF-19 like the promo pics, same as the body color) and green jelly fish, AKA pin-point barriers. Yamato would really do well to take a leaf from Kaiyodo's book and sell the GNUs with display stands. Note, only 1 x YF-21 gunpod is included.

I think I will probably drill a few discrete holes on my GNUs, to allow them to use the Revy display stands.

Note, the 4th pic of each of the YF-19 and YF-21 is to compare the degree of knee and elbow bend.

Graham

post-11-1213365582_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213365627_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213365661_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213365671_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213365890_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213366011_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213366366_thumb.jpg

post-11-1213366695_thumb.jpg

GNU upper body plus Revoltech lower body would yield a near lineart-perfect YF-21 battroid. Damn, so close!

And as far as I can tell in regard to scale (my YF-21 hasn't come yet) using the height of the stands as a common reference, the 21 and 19 are the same height, and maybe even a smidgeon shorter, than the VF-1s. The GNUs actually look like they might be in better scale with the VF-1s, though something in between would be most accurate.

I think the Revy YF-19 sculpt is way nicer. The head of the GNU looks cartoonishly large, and the overall sculpt looks very non-threatening, unlike the Revy which is just way more bad ass. I actually think the shoulder joints look better on the Revy despite them being large ball joints. The GNU's shoulder joints ain't exactly ideal either and I think the Revy is the lesser of two evils in this case.

On the other hand I like the sculpt of the GNU YF-21 more than the Revy.

So much for getting a matching set. :(

EDIT: I can't get over how atrocious the Revy 21 is. !!

The GNU looks 10x better.

Edited by Vic Mancini

Got my Revoltech Regult yesterday from LOS. The size is about what I expected: smaller than I wanted; I'd peg it at roughly 1/144 scale. Overall it is a very decent figure... a little frustrating to pose as desired at first, but the stand helps a lot.

1/144????

Picked up the Revoltech YF-19 and YF-21 for HK$129 each today at Tai Yuen Street, near my office.

Attached are some quick comparison photos I just took together with the Yamato GNU.

As you can see, the Yamato GNU are significantly larger.

I've tried to be objective in my comparison, but IMO, after handling both the Revys and GNUs, the Yamato GNUs are superior in the following areas: -

• Accuracy of sculpt = GNU hands down winner. Revoltechs are too stylized IMO and the GNU's are far more faithful to the lineart overall. Although the Revoltech YF-19 has a more accurately sculpted gunpod than the GNU.
  • Quality of material = GNU wins out here again IMO. The high quality ABS used in the GNU both looks and feels better than the rubbery PVC of the Revoltech figures. You definitely get flatter, sharper, crisper looking lines with the ABS GNUs.
  • Paint application and overall finish = IMO a slight edge to Yamato.
  • Value = the Revoltechs have the edge, especially given the amount of accessories included.
  • Articulation = A tie surprisingly. The GNUs have overall nearly as good articulation as the Revoltechs. However, the display stands included with the Revoltechs really allow them to take advantage of their articulation more so than the GNUs. Note that the GNU YF-21 actually has a greater degree of elbow bend than the Revy, although the Revy YF-19 has a greater degree of knee bend than the GNU YF-19. The GNUs can actually stand with their legs straight or adaopt a very wide spread 'A' stance. The Revys are limited to a constant spread leg stance due to their design. The Revy YF-19 does have a rotation point below the intakes, which the GNU does not. IMO (and this is subjective), the Revy YF-19 shoulder joints really give the toy a hunched shoulder look, which looks bad IMO.
  • Accessories = Winner Revoltech, as they include display stands, FAST packs (wrong color on the YF-19 like the promo pics, same as the body color) and green jelly fish, AKA pin-point barriers. Yamato would really do well to take a leaf from Kaiyodo's book and sell the GNUs with display stands. Note, only 1 x YF-21 gunpod is included.

I think I will probably drill a few discrete holes on my GNUs, to allow them to use the Revy display stands.

Note, the 4th pic of each of the YF-19 and YF-21 is to compare the degree of knee and elbow bend.

Graham

Thanks heaps for the review Graham! :) I must say they both look great, each to his own i say.

I look forward to getting a GNU YF-21 with FP's, maybe even a YF-19 FP GNU too.

I think Yamato needs you in their ear about this.

I think i can get those poses equal to the GNU, i love the 21s GNU leg bend, did you crunch the Revy's as far as you could go?

I'm sure there are things the GNU can do what the Revy can't and vice versa of course.

A bit ripped off that the REvy 21 only gets 1 gunpod, but i don't mind so much.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks for the comparison pics. After seeing them both pictured together I think the Yamato's kill the revoltech's by a landslide. I think that the revoltech's only saving graces are the acessories. The revy's look so cheap.

Thanks for the comparison, Graham. I'm probably gonna go for the Revoltech 19 because I'm all about accessories and stuff, though I agree the GNU is more accurate. To me the RT just looks more "fun". But hey, I refer the Banprestos to the RT VF-1's, so that's me.

Also, price is a factor.

For accuracy, I'll get a 1/60 YF-19, since that transforms and everything -- though, again, the price has stopped me from getting it in the past. If the GNU had lots of weapons and FAST Packs etc, it'd be a different story.

1/144????

My personal opinion... take it for what it is. The Revo is much smaller than my built 1/100 Arii kit, which itself is smaller than it should be at 1/100. I realize that the Revoltechs are non scale, but to my eye 1/144 is the closest standard scale to the Kaiyodo Regult; I bet that it would look good next to a Banpresto Valkyrie... much more so than along side a Revo VF-1 or Toynami 1/100.

Edited by mechaninac

This afternoon i've decided to take some photos. Hikaru got excited as always. Check the pics out. Still waiting to get my YF19 & 21. Then I can take more photos and share.

post-3479-1213525952_thumb.jpg

Enjoy.

ikhii

Have to find more time for macross...hehehe....

Edited by ikhii