1/60 YF-19 With or Without Fastpacks

MacrossMan

Meaning? You are in the Matrix, now? You don't want to fiddle with the nosecone too much, there's a risk of blinding yourself.

Meaning...this thing has been up for over 7 hours now and I need to consult my physician Agent Smith.

Man, it looks like you guys have sparked up some stuff I wasn't aware of. No one answered though, whether or not the set, YF-19 with Fold Booster and Fast Packs was an improvement over the first release. I received my Stealth 1/48 today and man is this thing sweet! I have the VF-0A and VF-0S at work on my desk. My office has a wondow and the walls are made of glass. I call it the fish bowl. Anywho, myself and another guy are the only men on my floor and the women just walk staring down at my desk shaking their heads. The funny thing is I don't even give a damn! They stop in my office and ask what is all this? I tell them that I am hiding my toys from my wife until Valentine's Day. Once I sweeten her up with something nice I'll be able to bring my babies home because she'll still be in la-la land when I tell her I have spent over a $1000.00 on, what is in her mind, TOYS!

Anywho, am I the only one or do you guys have the urge to pull out your Valks while watching the cartoons? I remember doing that on Christmas morning with my Soundwave in 1984. Now, I want to lie on my bed with my new toys and relive the series again. Even at work I have the strangest urge to pick up way and pretend to fly it around with hand. That is crazy! I am currently watching the Robotech series and have the SDF-1 english version on its way.

Man, I have to tell you that these things are amazing! The poses they can hold are unbelieveable! I am still tripping on the fact that all the figures are a part of a show and just not something concocted to make money. I can't wait to pick up some more 1/48's. I AM OFFICIALLY HOOKED! Even found a local guy that's going to make me a magnetic kite for my truck. Don't know what I have gotten myself into, but I am sure time will tell. B))

No one answered though, whether or not the set, YF-19 with Fold Booster and Fast Packs was an improvement over the first release.

The answer is yes -- namely the properly canted landing gear and straightened gunpod in fighter mode. If you can't find the FP version, I'd suggest finding (maybe a used one from a member here) a first-run and doing the minor, easy fixes. All the -19 stuff is here, by the way:

-19 Fix/Modification thread

Edited by Wicked Ace

the only issues still present: there are still gaps in fighter mode, the fuselage has a bump and the shoulders still don't sit flush. There are some mods out there that can resolve those issues. I find them annoying but not deal breakers, at least for me.

YF-19 with Fastpacks. If you get tired of them you can take them off. It has the non-crooked gunpod (so it shoots straight as opposed to missing the toilet), the canted landing gear, and I'm more or less summing up what everyone else has already said.

Plus you get a fold booster that we affectionately call the foldildo. :p It flashes if you buy watch batteries, put them in, and turn it on. I still haven't gotten around to doing that... :p:lol:

Plus you get a fold booster that we affectionately call the foldildo. :p It flashes if you buy watch batteries, put them in, and turn it on. I still haven't gotten around to doing that... :p:lol:

I bought the batteries and watched the pretty lights once and never again. You could say the foldildo gave me a bit of an anticlimax and left me very unsatisfied. :pB)):lol:

Edited by Dante74

With Yamato? I'd say it's guaranteed.

What about the damn Stealth Super/Strike Parts???

I know the Low Visibility Ver. 1 was a limited piece, but what are your thoughts on a second run of it?

Or I guess the better question is what is Yamato's reputation for re-releases?

I hope they finally chuck out the supernova scheme Graham is pushing for.

And make the upper body lock. Yeah that'd be cool. Just like how the nosecone of the 1/48 was fixed to be more tight.

But I doubt it would happen. All they would need to do is put a "trashbin door" type mechanism that when pushed in, collapses inwards to allow the male part to hook into. (like GBP armor parts?)

Yamato to reissue the standalone YF-19 in Feb:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/009006/

anyone know when in Feb this is coming about? I imagine it's gonna be tough to find a 2nd release unless it pretty clearly states it on the box or something. If anyone has some leads on this that would be awesome. I kinda want to grab one before the 21 hits.

to my knowledge the chest doesn't have a lock at all. It's just how it was designed. So for example, if you held it upside down in Battroid mode, the chest would flop out of place. It isnt a QC issue, just how the thing was designed. The fold booster set is supposed to be the fixed version though.

to my knowledge the chest doesn't have a lock at all. It's just how it was designed. So for example, if you held it upside down in Battroid mode, the chest would flop out of place. It isnt a QC issue, just how the thing was designed. The fold booster set is supposed to be the fixed version though.

nope. the F/B version doesnt have the lock either.

Yeah, I worded that a little wonky. By fixed I meant that things like the gunpod sitting straight in fighter mode were fixed. I was pretty sure they didn't retool the thing to lock. I cant see the locking as being to big a deal though, how often is the thing gonna be upside down?

Yeah, I worded that a little wonky. By fixed I meant that things like the gunpod sitting straight in fighter mode were fixed. I was pretty sure they didn't retool the thing to lock. I cant see the locking as being to big a deal though, how often is the thing gonna be upside down?

Yeah but that's not the point: The question should be "why shouldn't it be locked?" rather than "why does it need to lock?"

It doesn't need to but everyone who likes to have a toy that feels like pieces snap together firmly wants it to. Isn't that enough reason? How would you like it if the GBP armor on the 1/48 was loose or the cockpit canopy didn't stay up when you wanted to leave it opened? It would be just annoying to you that it wouldn't do it. Not enough to prevent you from buying but enough to make you want that feature.

Anyway that's my explanation. If bandai could get the vf-19 to do it, then is it really that hard to get it for the 19? I'm surprised they didn't lock it.

And yes, nobody is going to display it upside down, but neither do most people display their 1/48 wearing FAST packs in fighter mode upside down. Does that mean the backpack shouldn't have to latch on firmly to the rest of the toy because of this? No. Some of us just prefer it if the toy locks firmly that's all. Perhaps they were afraid it might ugly up the appearance of the toy if there were visible things for the upper body to lock to in other modes?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Locking is required because it's SO floppy, the chest moves if you look at it funny. You can't even make a slight change to the arm/shoulder pose without the entire torso coming apart. Want to raise the gun a few degrees? You'll have to re-transform the entire upper half of the battroid to get it all back together, as the upper chest plate holds the entire torso together, but doesn't really "hold" itself to anything.

Maybe for a serious action scene!

In the weightlessness of space combat there will be no need to lock all batttroid upper torsos to the rest of the mecha. Because it costs too much money. UN spacy is getting complacent. The scene would show the dangers of the yf-19 that yang overlooked due to him cutting too many corners to offer a cheaper price.

• 2 weeks later...
bro try at angolz.com I just bought mine last night $190 + SHIPPING... HOpE that would help,..

After over a week of excitement and waiting they told me that they were out of stock... oh crap... Im so pissed and lonely... anybody could please tell me where I can get one of this baby... or should I just wait for the stand alone re-issue...

Now my money went on to the YF-21 pre-order... I just hope that it really comes with that glossy finish and as much as possible no QC...

I bought one of these bad boys (with fastpacks) this past saturday. My god it is fantastic, the transformation is fun the sculpt is excellent. It's just an all around great figure. If the 21 weren't coming out in such a short time, I'd consider buying a second.

If they ever re-release it I think it would be cool if they included a stand and FP. Who agrees with me? Just seems fair considering the 21 will be, right? And before anyone says, "but then the early buyers will feel bad" well didn't they do this with the 1/72 as well by having the FP versions be generally fixed and include more stuff? (in the case of the yf 21 the early edition had no gunpods!) So what difference does it make?

Come on yamato: phase out the "yf-19 with no FP parts" release and start making the YF-19 with FP parts the new standard version. Foldildo will just be seperate item.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just got mine today. This suppose to be the " Reissue " with the problems corrected. still have to check it, as it is still in the box.

Edited:

Just transformed mine, atleast the gunpod is straight. but still no locking in the upper body or chest.

Edited by Alain