1/60 YF-19 With or Without Fastpacks

MacrossMan

I have seen where some say that the YF-19 with fold booster and fast packs is a second release. According to what I have read there were some issues that have been resolved with this version. What have been your experiences?

Seeing that my third order has been cancelled due to the company being out of stock of the item (1st, Stealth Strike Parts, 2nd 1/48 Stealth with Strike Parts, 3rd 1/60 YF-19) I have a chance to purchase the right item this time around. I foresee the same thing happening with the YF-19 that has happened with the 1/48 Stealth and Low Visibility Version 1.

I would like to be amongst those to have one in possession, but I need to justify the extra expense for the booster and fast packs as I really do not care about them either way. If this version is a better toy I will be copping this version. Please let me know. Thanks! :wacko:

MacrossMan,

Check these out....Courtasey of Sqidd......and you can make the decision....

HERE

Post #1171 and #1173

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

I have a chance to purchase the right item this time around. I foresee the same thing happening with the YF-19 that has happened with the 1/48 Stealth and Low Visibility Version 1.

No bloody way, the YF-19 in beige will be reissued whenever demand warrants it. The LV1 won't be because it was specifically labeled as a 'limited version' and the Stealth probably won't be sold again as a gift set but I'd reckon we will see a reissue of the strike parts and even the VF as stand alone components if the demand is ever there. Now that the VF-1 1/60 PT is coming though the 1/48 might slowly fade into obscurity entirely as demand will undoubtedly sharply decline.

YF-19 FP is the best thing Yamato has released to date, for my money anyway. If I had the funds Id get a couple more.

I ordered the YF-19 with the fold booster and fast packs. I made sure this time that the item was in stock. I noticed a box sitting at the front door when I got home and barely let the garage door raise before racing in to park so I could get out and get my new toy. It was so funny. I pressed the button to let the garage down then headed towards the garage then realized it was coming down. I then headed to the house entry door from the garage and ran to the front door. I opened the box and all I could say was DAMN!!! It was the VF-0A and this thing is gargantuan in comparison to the DYRL 1/60's! I'm in frickin awe! I mean lifting that tab and seeing it in person for the first was like being a kid on Christmas morning! Is it just me or did you guys get as excited as I did? Just not right for a 33 year man to get that excited over a toy. :lol:

Edited by MacrossMan

Is it just me or did you guys get as excited as I did? Just not right for a 33 year man to get that excited over a toy.

Yep. The minute I laid eyes on the low visibility (my first yammie valk) I couldn't wait to touch it. I know this may sound a little strange but I DID feel like a little kid who got a christmas or birthday present! :D

When the 1/60 line comes with a vf-1D training valk with that hikaru pilot in his civilian flightsuit I am going to be a little kid again.

I love the fold booster on the 19, but the Fastpacks leave me pretty cold. They look good in Battroid mode, but the leg armor falls off at the slightest touch, like the magnets are too weak. And in fighter mode I don't even bother putting them on because the shoulder parts wont line up and when I snap the wings into the leg armor the wings pull the armor away from the legs and looks really bad. Are they all like this or did I just get a cruddy set? Or do the parts not fit as well on a first-release 19?

Edited by eriku

edit: Just got the FP set and it seems to fit fine on my first-release -19.

Hmm, I'd love it if I were just doing something wrong but there aren't that many ways to put these things on. Maybe the magnets are backwards or something. Maybe I should put a pot of coffee on, set aside a few hours and dig my way through the other YF-19 threads for some clues/answers. :p

Hmm, I'd love it if I were just doing something wrong but there aren't that many ways to put these things on. Maybe the magnets are backwards or something. Maybe I should put a pot of coffee on, set aside a few hours and dig my way through the other YF-19 threads for some clues/answers. :p

mine fall off at the slightest provocation as well. If you find an answer, post it up!

Would anybody be kind enough to name an online shop (not ebay) that has YF-19 with fold booster and fast packs

in stock and for sale. I'm looking for the set, not as separate items. I couldn't find any.

I can't believe the ugly SV-51 gets more love from Yamato then the fan favourite "Excalivur"

Are you and eriku having the problem in fighter or battroid mode?

in both.

But I figured it out. The magnet wasn't flush with the inner lining of the fast pack. There was a a good 1-1.5 mm gap, so I pryed the lining off (it's glued in place and I eneded up snapping one of the mounts) and reseated magent so it's flush. It's still not as tight as I would like but it's a lot better now.

in both.

But I figured it out. The magnet wasn't flush with the inner lining of the fast pack. There was a a good 1-1.5 mm gap, so I pryed the lining off (it's glued in place and I eneded up snapping one of the mounts) and reseated magent so it's flush. It's still not as tight as I would like but it's a lot better now.

Both modes for me, too. I'll look at the magnets closer this weekend and see what I can do. I'd love to somehow replace them with stronger magnets.

Both modes for me, too. I'll look at the magnets closer this weekend and see what I can do. I'd love to somehow replace them with stronger magnets.

I can understand how the leg pieces fall off the battroid -- the magnets suck. However, I am not quite understanding how these same parts fall off the fighter, as they are held on by the wing roots and weak magnets. At first, I had trouble getting these parts secure, but then I figured out I didn't have the knee joints pushed in far enough; the wing root kept prying the armor parts from the leg, leaving a gap. I hope this is of some help.

I can understand how the leg pieces fall off the battroid -- the magnets suck. However, I am not quite understanding how these same parts fall off the fighter, as they are held on by the wing roots and weak magnets. At first, I had trouble getting these parts secure, but then I figured out I didn't have the knee joints pushed in far enough; the wing root kept prying the armor parts from the leg, leaving a gap. I hope this is of some help.

well, as far as my problem goes, the magent was barely hanging on, so sometimes the whole leg would just swing free from the wingroot and the shoulder assembly. It was pretty annoying.

well, as far as my problem goes, the magent was barely hanging on, so sometimes the whole leg would just swing free from the wingroot and the shoulder assembly. It was pretty annoying.

has this been an issue with the anni. YF-19?

hmm? Before I fixed the magnet, yeah. They would fall off just as easily. But now that I moved the magnets so that they're flush, they stay in place much better.

well damn....I have been considering getting an anni. YF-19. I don't wanna really deal with too many issues though. I guess I should'nt think that way since I have been lucky enough to not have problems with any of my purchases.

well damn....I have been considering getting an anni. YF-19. I don't wanna really deal with too many issues though. I guess I should'nt think that way since I have been lucky enough to not have problems with any of my purchases.

well, the anniversary yf-19 doesn't come with FAST packs... and the problem wasn't with the valk, it was with the fast pack. Other than the nose cone not being able to stay up in fighter mode, I don't have a problem with mine. :p

The retro-style leg armor stays on pretty well. :D

Heh.....have you all been speaking of the armor all this time??? If so...I feel like I dumb a$. I thought you all were talking about the legs on the YF-19 not the armor. :ph34r:

EDIT---> you beat me to my responce eugimon THANKS.

Edited by misterryno

Heh.....have you all been speaking of the armor all this time??? If so...I feel like I dumb a$. I thought you all were talking about the legs on the YF-19 not the armor. :ph34r:

EDIT---> you beat me to my responce eugimon THANKS.

Wait, I thought the legs were supposed to come off for transformation -- this is a 1/60 scale toy, you know. Is this thing perfect transformation? :o

Wait, I thought the legs were supposed to come off for transformation -- this is a 1/60 scale toy, you know. Is this thing perfect transformation? :o

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

If it won't stay up, you're probably playing with it too much. :mellow:

I'm actually having a hard time getting it to go back down :huh:

maybe I should'nt have taken that little blue pill.

Edited by misterryno

:lol: you guys are so dirty! At least it hasn't gone to poop jokes... Yet. :ph34r:

I like my 19 without fast packs. Nice thin beauty. Looks fine with the leg fast packs, but the shoulder ones kill it in fighter mode for me. Makes it look all fat and big and bulky in the rear. :p

:lol: you guys are so dirty! At least it hasn't gone to poop jokes... Yet. :ph34r:

I like my 19 without fast packs. Nice thin beauty. Looks fine with the leg fast packs, but the shoulder ones kill it in fighter mode for me. Makes it look all fat and big and bulky in the rear. :p

I like a little junk in the trunk (pooper) :D