Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

This pic here looks great, i'm happy enough with Battroid mode. I had been waiting for a side on pic...

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/010020/27.html

27.jpg

Can't see much with that only pic of the battroid side. I hope his nose cone & head hood can lock securely. Because on my 1/72 YF21, I swear everytime I try to pick him up, it can't decide if it wants to stay a battroid or change into a jet & flyaway! And when I put him down to relax, he simply collapses and pass out everytime.

Saw the 21 on display in Akiba yesterday. Sorry, no pics. It looked to me to have a matte finish. It was only in fighter mode. The stand looks nice in clear plastic.

REALLY!?! Can you snap a pic of here next to a 1/48 VF-1 for me in Battroid and Fighter modes and post them in the Macross Pose thread? I would love that!

Here's a comparison pic for ya. the SV-51 is even bigger than the YF-21.

dsc00192uv0.jpg

dsc00203kz0.jpg

Back to the YF-21.

Such a beautiful bird!!

Please tell me that head turns. It'd be awesome if the whole head and cowl can turn. But I'd be cool with just the head moving just a bit.

Two YF-21's for this kupo-spouting moogle! ^_^

.......All 1/60 scales, right Dante74?

Edited by Mog

Everyone wants Macross 7 paint jobs, I think a low viz grey 2 tone scheme would be perfect for the YF-21.

Given the obvious design inspiration, don't you agree that it's not only perfect, but mandatory? :lol:

this is the best looking plane ever, no questions on that. The robot mode though, i want more pictures, with the feets being straigth (not bent knees) and facing straight, with the fps on, as well as the air intake part on chest being open. Hope people who are getting this shortly will take those pictures for us. If this turns out to be great, then i can certainly understand why some people are buying two, cause the is just no way one would keep it in robot mode when the plane mode is the best looking plane ever, and thus to have it in robot mode, a second one is needed ;).

lol.. actually i'm getting it for Fighter Mode with FP's and straight wings and the all cool el-diablo De-Limiter mode!!!

Of course i will change the De-Limiter mode into battroid every now and then, this thing is too damn good to only have one in your cabinet. :lol:

AND COZ IT'S MY FAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KICK ASS YAMATO!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i am torn between buying either a SV-51 Nora to compliment with my VF-0A shin with ghost and this one with my YF-19..

seeing the latest pictures, makes it more difficult to decide!!! arggh!

Can't wait for the reviews. Sure looks great in fighter mode. About the only complaint is the feet, but since it destroys the 1/72 and that is its only competition out there, that can be forgiven.

Repaints: Gamlin. The VF-22 from one of the ovas that he appeared in. Thanks. It would fit in nicely with the 25th aniversary stuff I would imagine.

I don't have any money to buy this right now though. I blame all the hasbro transformer stuff I bought. (I should have not bought leader class brawl movie. It ate a chunk of the yf-21 money :D But good thing yamato delays releases. Not for those who want it early of course. Just saying it's a busy period right now for transforming robots)

Edit:

oh yeah almost forgot I just bought a mz23 garland too...:D Whatever the repaint is, I hope there is a looooooooong time (wallet healing period) before it comes out after the canon yf-21 colour release.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That's my big concern as well. Will the feet be ablt to support it weight, and will the backpack lock into place in battroid mode? But otherwise the 21 looks gorgeous and I can't wait to get it. Bring on the repaints!!!

I don't have any money to buy this right now though. I blame all the hasbro transformer stuff I bought. (I should have not bought leader class brawl movie. It ate a chunk of the yf-21 money :D

I don't see any reason to feel too bad about that. After all Brawl = Best Tankbot Ever. I know what you mean about it being a heavy bot season - I still can't decide if I'm going to get Animated or skip it. It'd be an easy decision if I had a chin fetish ;)

Here's a comparison pic for ya. the SV-51 is even bigger than the YF-21.

Back to the YF-21.

WHOLY $HIT!!! The SV-51 is freakin HUGE! I will be picking one of those up...after I get a YF-21...which I guess I'll have to drool over everyone elses until I can afford one. Actually......my 4 year anniversary is coming up with my fiancee....and I know she won't buy me one.....anyone else want to :D ?!?

:ph34r:

HELL YEA!

Plus...had no idea that this and the SV-51 were that big in this scale. It looks huge in that gallery pic where that guy is holding in his hand!

At first I was just thinking that guy has tiny hands....but no no no...it's gonna be big. YAY!!!

Paint scheme? VF-22? :p I want that kit.

Just a paint scheme. ;)

The only major modding I've done on the mecha side of things is straightening out a gunpod's placement and fixing up some landing gears. <Glares at the YF-19>

Most of my customizing and modding seems to be in the 3 3/4" scale.

At first I was just thinking that guy has tiny hands....but no no no...it's gonna be big. YAY!!!

Actually he's a circus midget, the YF-21 he is holding is a 1/144.....

:lol:

4 years anniversary??? Like my missus and i only just celebrated ours (4th) last Christmas. :p

Just a paint scheme. ;)

The only major modding I've done on the mecha side of things is straightening out a gunpod's placement and fixing up some landing gears. <Glares at the YF-19>

Most of my customizing and modding seems to be in the 3 3/4" scale.

Cool, what colour paint scheme you want for it?