Why would you get rid of your old 1/60's?

sqidd

I have seen a few references to people that are planning on selling off of part of their collection because of the introduction of the new 1/60’s. This doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. Wouldn’t you want the old ones and the new ones? Wouldn’t you want to keep the old ones because they are certain to appreciate in value? How cool would it be to have two complete generations?

I am in no position to understand because all I have are 1/48’s and new 1/60’s.

Most likely it would be because Yamato's are expensive. They see selling off thier old ones to fund the new ones as a way to justify/afford getting the new 1/60s .

Most people are not rich, or have a ton of money to toss on toys. If they had spent hundereds on thier 1/60s only to find out better ones were comming along, for hundereds more dollars, even though it would be nice to keep the old ones, its better to sell em and use the money to by the better versions.

Thats just one reason that was told to me when I bought a couple of used 1/60's from a friend.

Most likely it would be because Yamato's are expensive. They see selling off thier old ones to fund the new ones as a way to justify/afford getting the new 1/60s .

Most people are not rich, or have a ton of money to toss on toys. If they had spent hundereds on thier 1/60s only to find out better ones were comming along, for hundereds more dollars, even though it would be nice to keep the old ones, its better to sell em and use the money to by the better versions.

Thats just one reason that was told to me when I bought a couple of used 1/60's from a friend.

It would just seem that the older 1/60's would drop in value so much that it would not make them worth selling.

• Why would you want to keep an inferior toy when there's something better available?
  • Why would you want two complete collections of VF-1's in the same scale?
  • Not everybody has the space to display two complete collections of 1/60 VF-1's
  • Some people will have to fund the new 1/60 line by selling their old collection

As I collect things and don't play with them I would keep mine. As far as display I no where near have the space to display all my stuff anyhow.

I fully understand why you'd want to sell of your old collection. But I'm sure if money and space were not a problem we'd all be keeping everything.

I have strayed more towards the light side (models) so I will likely only get a few anyhow.

But what ever floats your small sailing device.

[*]Why would you want to keep an inferior toy when there's something better available?

To keep reminding you of how much better the new toy is.

[*]Why would you want two complete collections of VF-1's in the same scale?

Because your a hoarder.

[*]Not everybody has the space to display two complete collections of 1/60 VF-1's

You can always dump out that old box spring and sleep on the boxes of the old VF-1 1/60s.

[*]Some people will have to fund the new 1/60 line by selling their old collection.

Sell your blood. It would hurt a lot less than trying to dump the old 1/60s.

As for now, I am keeping my old 1/60 vf-1 collection. I like them. I have a thing for die cast and even though they are not perfect transformation, do not hold poses so well and the legs fall off in fighter mode, I just can not bear to let them go.

I have thought about the fact that the new 1/60 line will most likely be far superior to the old one and that I will kick myself later for not selling these now when i can get a decent price for them before most of the general public knows about the new 1/60 line. I have considered it. Another issue is that I do not know for sure that the new line will include the VF-1D, the VT-1 and the VE-1 and so I do not want to sell those until I am sure that the new line will include those and that they do look better. I have considered selling my Milia 1/60 as she tends to scare up some pretty pennies on ebay but if the new line does not include a 1/60 milila VF-1J then I would regret selling her off! For now I am holding on to them.

... I do not know for sure that the new line will include the VF-1D, the VT-1 and the VE-1 and so I do not want to sell those until I am sure that the new line will include ...

While Graham, did say this new version of the 1/60 was designed to accomodate the two-seaters, I would have to see it before believing.

I would not sell my original 1/60 collection. I am one of the I guess few that actually likes the original line. I have the whole line and love them all. I only have 4 1/48's and while they are nice, to me they are almost too big and really not posable. They do look great in fighter mode though. I will have to see how the new line comes out but right now there is probably only 4 I would get, vf-j with fast pack, vf-1j with gbp, ve-1 and vt-1. Possibly a vf-1d. Other than that they would have to be just uber super irresistable to warant replacing the original line.

You know they are going to start with the vf-1a, vf-1s and so on. I really dont need another of these valks. It will probly be years yet before a cool valk like the vt-1 and ve-1 get released. Which could be good cause by then they would have all the bugs worked out. Just start making destroids and enemy mechs!

I have seen a few references to people that are planning on selling off of part of their collection because of the introduction of the new 1/60’s. This doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. Wouldn’t you want the old ones and the new ones? Wouldn’t you want to keep the old ones because they are certain to appreciate in value? How cool would it be to have two complete generations?

I am in no position to understand because all I have are 1/48’s and new 1/60’s.

Do you collect for value or fun? I wont sell mine because I collect Robotech/Macross and my collection grows. I dont collect for value at all and for those that say they are selling to get money to buy the new 1/60s I dont understand.....Where do you get money to but the items that are not the new 1/60s?

i'm confused. which one is it? will the old ones appreciate or drop in value because both were stated.

i would only sell the old version of the new one that comes out. in other words i would keep the elintseeker and super ostrich until new 1/60 versions of them came out.

i'm confused. which one is it? will the old ones appreciate or drop in value because both were stated.

i would only sell the old version of the new one that comes out. in other words i would keep the elintseeker and super ostrich until new 1/60 versions of them came out.

Thats what I thought,Squidd said both.

Personally, I plan on keeping all of my old 1/60ths and 1/48ths. I like them too much and spent too much time and effort aquiring them to give them up. Even if I don't have space to display all of them, I'll still keep them. It'll just make me rotate my displays around and keep them fresh.

I'm keeping my old 1/60 VF-1s. One reason is sentimental value: This was the first Yamato VF-1 I got. This was when Yamato upped the ante on what you could do with transforming toys. This is when valkyries jumped after the M+ valks to more what we are used to today, and closer to the quality of the 1/48 line. A VF-1 that could hold the gunpod in fighter mode! Somewhat detailed landing gear that didn't bite your hand ( :lol: constantly snapped my fingers with the spring-loaded ones on the chunky-monkey).

The second reason is to appreciate the evolution of the VF-1 toy design. I have a Joons 1/55 chunky monkey I bought when I was a kid. I have some 1/60 VF-1s (my first was a 1A Max). And of course the 1/48s.

Then again I don't have a large collection of valkyries. I've always picked my favorites and went by priorities, skipping a lot of releases. So I have more room than the collectors that get the whole line.

I'm keeping my old 1/60 VF-1s. One reason is sentimental value: This was the first Yamato VF-1 I got. This was when Yamato upped the ante on what you could do with transforming toys. This is when valkyries jumped after the M+ valks to more what we are used to today, and closer to the quality of the 1/48 line. A VF-1 that could hold the gunpod in fighter mode! Somewhat detailed landing gear that didn't bite your hand ( :lol: constantly snapped my fingers with the spring-loaded ones on the chunky-monkey).

The second reason is to appreciate the evolution of the VF-1 toy design. I have a Joons 1/55 chunky monkey I bought when I was a kid. I have some 1/60 VF-1s (my first was a 1A Max). And of course the 1/48s.

Then again I don't have a large collection of valkyries. I've always picked my favorites and went by priorities, skipping a lot of releases. So I have more room than the collectors that get the whole line.

Yamatao did not up anything, even though a lot of people claim they dont like them, Transformers are unbeateable in that department, especially the masterpice and Altinator like.

hmm, when did the 1/48 come out and when did binaltech and the MP line come out? hmmm... hmmmm.

But thanks for completely missing the point of Sumdumgai's post. He was saying the Yamato toys took the dumbed down and kiddiefied valkyrie toy market and made anime accurated, high end collectible toys... up'd the ante from what bandai had been producing. Not up'd the ante on the market in general. But even if you want to play that game, the 1/48 came out the year before the Binaltech and MP line came out.

Edited by eugimon

I sold most of my old 1/60's years ago, when i relaised they just werent great toys. i kept the 1D only, coz i really liked it, and that was before we knew Yamato wasnt going to do em in 1/48. i later went back and bought the Max 1A, just so id have it to fight my Milia Q-Rau. I have no plans to get rid of either. At worst, they'll go into storage until I have kids old enought o play with em.

I don't pay attention to Transformers anyway. I remember what the toys were like when I was a kid. I was never satisfied with them, because you couldn't pose them worth crap in their robot forms. So I never really paid attention to whether or not they ever made them poseable.

Thank you Eugimon, you explained better and clearer what I was getting at. :)

Oh, and another plus with the old 1/60s. If ever someone breaks into your house and you're holding the old 1/60 or have it nearby, you can throw it at the intruder or hit them with it. Nice heavy diecast legs. ;):lol:

The majority of my collection is the 1/60 which I would like to replace with the newer versions, but I will probably end up staying with instead since I do not want to upgrade my collection anymore and spend more money just for the new tweaks.

I don't pay attention to Transformers anyway. I remember what the toys were like when I was a kid. I was never satisfied with them, because you couldn't pose them worth crap in their robot forms. So I never really paid attention to whether or not they ever made them poseable.

What about Jetfire? Ah memories... kids were easy to please back then.

I'll almost certainly sell my 1/60 Milia, as there's no point to keep it now that I have a 1/48. And really no point to buy a 3rd one--the new 1/60.

My 1/60 DYRL Roy---maybe. I need to see just how good the new 1/60 is.

Either way, I'll likely only buy one new 1/60, if that. Roy or Max. (Roy because it's THE valk of valks, Max because I've never had a Max)

Yeah but these new 1/60s are better in *battroid mode it seems. Yamato must have listened to all the chicken hand critics.

Now I wonder if the side parts come as standard or if they will leave a big gap in the robots body?

*don't forget the fake splitting apart of the things in the feet. (maybe one day yamato will go back to 1/48 and release 1/48 vf-1 with all the 1/60 features that fixed the problems of the first 1/48 releases of vf-1?) :D That way you get all the little details of the fast packs as well as the features from the new 1/60.. People will sell all the new 1/60 and old 1/48 to buy the new 1/48.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah but these new 1/60s are better in battroid mode it seems. Yamato must have listened to all the chicken hand critics.

Now I wonder if the side parts come as standard or if they will leave a big gap in the robots body?

Now you should know by now that we can't get EVERYTHING we want standard. It would be nice, VERY nice, but it prob. won't happen. :ph34r:

Huh? But the side parts are part of the valkyrie not a special thing that is part of the GBP or FAST pack in the show:

sidepartru7.jpg

If these things are just miniturised 1/48 with improvements, I think the one thing needed is that extra piece that came with the gbp to be the standard piece you can put on the valk to complete it. I'm going to be posing this in battroid mode. I want my VF-1D toy to be just like the pic above. This way we don't have to worry about recasters and getting the things colour matched since it comes with the toy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Huh? But the side parts are part of the valkyrie not a special thing that is part of the GBP or FAST pack in the show:

If these things are just miniturised 1/48 with improvements, I think the one thing needed is that extra piece that came with the gbp to be the standard piece you can put on the valk to complete it. I'm going to be posing this in battroid mode. I want my VF-1D toy to be just like the pic above.

Dude.....I TOTALLY am with you on this. When I first bought a 1/48 GBP kit I was like "oh wow...that little sode piece is REALLY cool". I hope they do come with this extra piece, but, it prob. won't happen :(

:ph34r:

OK so I just saw the new larger pics of the 1/60v2 VF-1s that Charger69 posted and am thinking that I will have to sell my milia 1/60 at least, as soon as possible before the general public gets the 411 on the v2, put that money aside and save it for a year down the line when they release the v2Milia. I am tempted to do this as well with my vf-1 but not sure. I may have to keep that for fighter mode. Ahhhh! I am conflicted and do not know what to do!

I don't know which way it will go. It's probably safe to speculate that the older 1/60 stuff will drop sharply in value as soon as the new stuff is released. Now 10 years down the line the older 1/ stuff could be worth something.

Yeah definitely need the side parts! Hey Yamato!!!! Please include the side parts! Graham, please see if you can convince them! Yamato spys, we will all be happier with side parts. Pretty please?

Hey, you hijacked my thread :angry: . But I'll one up ya. I'll hijack my hijacked thread! :p I want one of those side peices for all of my 1/48's Yamato!