Every single 1/48

energon

Honestly now. You guys call yourselves collectors when most of you are missing these 2...

max 1a

kakizaki 1a

^_^ I'm just kidding though really.

When I bought my very first 1/48 (I know I don't have alot of room to speak since I do not collect any of the 1/48's anymore) it was the Max 1A.

LV1 goes for about $300. Really pristine never opened ones can fetch up to $400 but it's been a while since I saw that happen.

I just got a pristine one that was only transformed once for $300 a few weeks back after looking for a while.

I have seen a few crackpots trying to sell loose ones for $300 too. :D IMHO the value of a Low Vis goes down quite a bit if it doesn't have all the trimmings.

I just got a pristine one that was only transformed once for $300 a few weeks back after looking for a while.

I have seen a few crackpots trying to sell loose ones for $300 too. :D IMHO the value of a Low Vis goes down quite a bit if it doesn't have all the trimmings.

For some reason....I can't even ome to think that the Low Vis is even cool. Especially since you have to be REALLY careful handling it so it won't smudge or whatever. That just plain sucks.

Where can I finde a LV?

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol::lol: GOOD LUCK

I'm sorry...that was just mean. I really do wish you the best of luck with this quest mate. ^_^

Here or on ebay. They arent that hard to find. Especially if you compare it to some of the hard to find books and what not. One just sold in the mid 400 range but Im sure you can get it in the 300-350 range if your patient.

I know we dont really talk about robotech but Im happy to say I found all of the hc art books finally. Those took me way longer to find than the lv1. The hc books arent that great but I bought one as a kid and always wanted the complete set.

Where can I finde a LV?

Here or on ebay. They arent that hard to find. Especially if you compare it to some of the hard to find books and what not. One just sold in the mid 400 range but Im sure you can get it in the 300-350 range if your patient.

I know we dont really talk about robotech but Im happy to say I found all of the hc art books finally. Those took me way longer to find than the lv1. The hc books arent that great but I bought one as a kid and always wanted the complete set.

The funny thing is that I had one when it 1st came out but sold it. I have no problem with the $300, I just need to locate one. How are those RT books, do you have pics?

Not now but they are simply the softcover artbooks which can be had cheaply except in hardcover form. Also its signed by some of the artists. Really they arent that great and the softcovers do the job. I just wanted the hc since I had one and once you got one you need the set. The Art 1 book for me was the hardest to find. Art 1 was limited to 1000 or 1200 and has a blue hc and the other two are red. I think there hard to find since many were prob. lost or not taken care of. I paid $20 for mine when I was a kid and seen them go for around $100 plus now.

The funny thing is that I had one when it 1st came out but sold it. I have no problem with the $300, I just need to locate one. How are those RT books, do you have pics?

• 2 weeks later...
Man, I like the Urban, but I'd pass on the LVII GBP. So bland and it hides the LVII which should be prominently displayed in fighter mode.

I doubt I will get the two GBP sets. The LVII looks sweet in fighter mode so I don't want to mess with that and there is no way I am going to put GBP on one of my LV1's.

I seriously need to do something about some shelves though! :)

I just recieved my 25 anniversary valks today and they are sweet, the vf1 s is very different to the stealth thats for those who think they are equal, this is more elegant, clean and flat than the stealth , guys i just need another LV2 to be displayed in batroid mode and my stealth fast packs and i think my 1/48 collection are done,,,,,,not very happy because i really like this scale but done!!!!!! i always hoped that the two seatters were in 1:48 but well not always we get that we want, ready for the vf 4............... :angry:

considering doesn't mean i'm selling. :D

but if the LV on its own fetches $400, i know i'll get a pretty penny for mine with the 3 heads(J/S original, D recast).

i'm keeping my eye open and seeing if i can score big. i love my LV, it was my 1st 1/48 but i know i'll love $400+ even more.

Now this may be off the wall but.....

I understand the reluctance to cover up your nice LV valk or which ever with the GBP set unless its the standard one with a Hikaru 1J in it. Why doesn't someone cast a 1/48 in a fixed pose in resin it could be a number of parts set in a pose that will make it easy to put the armor on. Made so you could put the armor on and display it. After all I 'm guessing that most of you don't play with them too often and have more than one. I was thinking clear or solid, detail level wouldn't have to be too great for parts hidden inside the armor so areas like the "chest" could be roughed out instead of accurately cast. Arms could be cast as one unit inc shoulders hands no need as GBP's have these anyhow. A limited amount of painting would be needed for the accuracy freaks or just leave it as is to emphasize the Armor.

I know all sorts of copyright issues could ensue but if it was a rough cast and a very garage kit like run it would probably slip under the radar. the other alt is you all go out and buy a duplicate of one Valk you have and paint it in the correct color if it's not right etc. Yamato could do this but likely they'd be $10 cheaper than the real thing.

Big F, even if you could do that It prolly wouldn't not have the strength of the original to handle being in Battroid all the time with GBP on.

What I would do is take a zombie valk made from all the leftover mismatched parts from customizing and hide it under the GBP :p

The GBP valk in my collection was bought used. I took the perfect canopy out and used it to replace a scratched canopy on another 1/48 :p Then I scavenged the pilot, the hands, the intake covers and the landing gear to replace broken or scratched parts on my other Valks :p

Edited by Duymon

You wouldn't happen to want to sell the 1s head by itself, would you? I've been looking for a 1s head for awhile now.

sorry man, i had to buy a 1S roy just to get the head for it.

hey bee,

do you still need a CF? hit me up if you do, i have a new one thats never been TF'ed.

I can't decide if I want to get a couple a CF's so I could pick up the woodland and a Low Vis GBP armor and have something to put them on. Seems like an awfrul lot of money to be able to say "I have every single 1/48". But there is something gnawing at me. Maybe if I sell a few things from the "I don't need anymore pile" on eBay this week I won't feel so bad about it if I do decide to pull the trigger.

Who am I kidding, how could I stop short when I am so close? :p

I can't decide if I want to get a couple a CF's so I could pick up the woodland and a Low Vis GBP armor and have something to put them on. Seems like an awfrul lot of money to be able to say "I have every single 1/48". But there is something gnawing at me. Maybe if I sell a few things from the "I don't need anymore pile" on eBay this week I won't feel so bad about it if I do decide to pull the trigger.

Who am I kidding, how could I stop short when I am so close? :p

I know exactly how you feel.... like i didn't even want Kakizaki because i'm kinda sick of the DYRL schemes... but i am so close to finishing... i just can't resist... sigh... and i remember a time where i was only going to get one 1/48 valk and be satisfied.... the old days...