Shin VS Nora

ruskiiVFaussie

5-6.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-7.jpg

4-5.jpg

12-4.jpg

I still need to add more feathers, other than that i am really impressed with this display.

I will swap and change with the different Valks when i feel like it, but i have been meaning to do this one ever since

i pre-ordered Nora. :D I would have to say overall i love the VF-0A more than the SV-51, but i have yet to go to Gerwalk

and Battroid for Nora's 51, i will do that over the coming week. Plus heaps of Shin/Nora battle displays.

What's everyone reckon about the clouds? :D

-------------------------

Just imagine in the pics above, Shin barrel-rolling over from Nora's right to her left using his Head laser to give her a love nick. Once i grab more feathers the whole display will be a big white fluffy mess, and Nora's coloured feathers give a nice evil sky look almost a sunset stained cloud look too. Which is what i was aiming for of course. The glass is great, i can walk around looking at these two dogfight it out without worrying about the cat having some fun with them. :p This is the coffee table i bought specifically for the 1/1 TV Macross helmet that GM is/was/maybe going to make up. Awesome.

Also i plan to place all my Valk accesories and misc Macross stuff in the spare table ports. My other main cabinet holds all my Macross book collection and dvd's, the coffee table is more like a 'variable fighter lounge/work bench' thinghy. :p

Plus it holds the rum/vodka. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I remember the feathers from the promo pics for Macross Zero as well. I think cotton makes for better clouds tho if that is what you are aiming for.

I got the VF-0A and SV-51 (as well as YF-19) for Christmas this year too :D

Nice display, coffee table and ankles. ;)

I remember the feathers from the promo pics for Macross Zero as well. I think cotton makes for better clouds tho if that is what you are aiming for.

I got the VF-0A and SV-51 (as well as YF-19) for Christmas this year too :D

Nice display, coffee table and ankles. ;)

Bah you guys have absolutely no imagination. :p Feathers is cooler than cotton.

And whats the diss'n of Nora's pinky sunset cloud feather thinghys???

That be my wife's ankles whatcho mouth. <_<

If you look at the pic, and try not to focus on the feathers bone, it looks quite effective as a cloud effect. ;)

And i can replace the pink ones with a darker grey to simulate night time fightin'.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just ignore the rude americans Ruskii. ^_^

I think it's very...uuuuuuhm...original? It's just not something everyone would want in their living room. I'm talking about the colorful feathers of course, but my GF would be ok with the feathers in the living room but not with the valks. :lol:

Edited by Dante74

Worst idea ever. Just looks ugly and stupid. Not saying that your ugly and stupid. Just that your idea is. I could take a crap and place it on top on some feathers but I won't cause I have taste.

A piece of your crap would look better on feathers than the Valks? lolz

lol why would i think you be saying i'm ugly and stupid, ya wank lol. But that's cool, your entitled to your opinion. ;)

I think i might take out the pink feathers, it's binging all soughts of bad vegas memories to the americans on this forum. :p

i mean, gawd! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

great looking diorama, and i love the coffee table!

sorry if it has been asked and answered already, but where did you get the table?

thanks man, glad someone can see through the feather bones and just sees the white. :lol: I got it from a local store. :-)

I saw it, and thought, cool, i'm gonna do up a diorama display and piss off some un-imaginative americans on MWworld! :p

kidding kidding. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just ignore the rude americans Ruskii. ^_^

I think it's very...uuuuuuhm...original? It's just not something everyone would want in their living room. I'm talking about the colorful feathers of course, but my GF would be ok with the feathers in the living room but not with the valks. :lol:

lol, how's about i just take out the pink late sunset feathers and maybe it will be a little better. :p i'm glad i tried it though, it came off ok. :D Nora is massive, hardly fits in the box! The wife's ok with the valks...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Consider using cotton candy next time. :D

hardy har :p I'll take out the pink feathers. I get the point. :lol: Another thing is if i was to use cotton wool, wouldn't it be all the same colour? Atleast with all the feathers (uhh) lines it gives different shades and i dunno, it just looks more like clouds to me lol.

A piece of your crap would look better on feathers than the Valks? lolz

lol why would i think you be saying i'm ugly and stupid, ya wank lol. But that's cool, your entitled to your opinion. ;)

I think i might take out the pink feathers, it's binging all soughts of bad vegas memories to the americans on this forum. :p

i mean, gawd! :lol:

Roy was attacked by a giant bird as a kid... Feathers sets him off...

Worst idea ever. Just looks ugly and stupid. Not saying that your ugly and stupid. Just that your idea is. I could take a crap and place it on top on some feathers but I won't cause I have taste.

Its jerkoff opinions like this that make me ashamed of these boards, and nearly makes me ashamed to be a fan of Macross.

So pathetic.

If you had taste you would not have posted this.

While I agree it may not be up to everyones taste, that's what makes us all individuals. Im impressed that you thought of it, that and you have a coffe table with a windowed display area in the center.

Oh come on people. Even Dante74 who tries to be nice just says it's "Original". That is like saying the fat girl has a great personalty. You're all trying to make head or tail features out it.

To make it worst he says that he needs to add more feathers. MORE!!!!!!! I for one can't stand for senseless murders of Show Girls. Sure some get old and only look good if you sit in the back of the room but they are still god living creatures. He's got two very expensive toys that are mostly covered up with feathers. I don't care if it is cotton, fabric, clay, feathers or beef hearts there is just too much of it. The "setting" is just over powering what is featured. The feathers are the real stars of the display.

Oh come on people. Even Dante74 who tries to be nice just says it's "Original". That is like saying the fat girl has a great personalty. You're all trying to make head or tail features out it.

To make it worst he says that he needs to add more feathers. MORE!!!!!!! I for one can't stand for senseless murders of Show Girls. Sure some get old and only look good if you sit in the back of the room but they are still god living creatures. He's got two very expensive toys that are mostly covered up with feathers. I don't care if it is cotton, fabric, clay, feathers or beef hearts there is just too much of it. The "setting" is just over powering what is featured. The feathers are the real stars of the display.

The point you're trying to make is well taken, but what others are pointing out are that your expressive terms are a bit over the top.

The point you're trying to make is well taken, but what others are pointing out are that your expressive terms are a bit over the top.

He's just pissed at the world because Santa only brought him a lump of coal.

I must say I find it a neat display idea. Great way to look at the upper part of the fighters (IMO the best part of the planes). I would loose the pink under Nora, she kinda blends to much to that colour (something blue would be a lot better).

I think he's trying to make it sound more "jokey", but instead just keeps digging the hole deeper.

But anywho, beating a dead horse.

I applaud the effort that was taken to do something different with a display.

dino.jpg

Look out Roy!

"Shoo! Scat! Shoo! NuuuuuUuuuuuoooo!" :D:lol:

Yes, jokey, and failed. :p You my little Roy Focker are a p in the a. But Yur alrighttt. ;)

I'll lose the pink feathers, but i need to replace them with a darker colour than the white, perhaps some grey ones.

Need that extra bottom layer to bring the clouds that Shin is dancing on to life. Depth.

If i didn't have as much feathers, all you would see would be the wood of the display, and that's what i meant by "adding more feathers". And if i had less that would defeat the purpose of the diorama. But eh. :D

I will be updating it with pics so maybe you can see what i was trying to acheive, it's a work in progress, even though i am happy with it now. I want to add battroid poses in there too, which will be interesting. :D

I'm not happy with Nora's tilt, but she is just so fricken huge, and the display isn't deep enough LOL.

Thanks Fatalist and TwoDucks for your comments. : D

btw the display shouldn't be applauded for being original or unique, my wife should get the applause for letting her overzealous Macross fan husband place such a display in the middle of the living room in the first place! Thanks Mrs Ruskii. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie