Right! What's the Macross ppls getting for Christmas?! Do

ruskiiVFaussie

Anyone actually waiting to open their Macross/misc goodies??  

39 members have voted

1. 1. >> click now and you get a free frogurht! << :-0

• Nupe, can't wait! (more time to eat and drink for meh!)
    • Of course! I like to wrap my stuff up and take pics of me ravaging the pwetty paper with crazy eyes and tounge hanging out!
    • No one bought me presents for Christmas... T;___;T
    • Waiting for santa..... (one who actually doesn't know what they are getting yet!???)

I do not get Christmas presents any more from anyone - but I do get them for myself - but I do not wait until Christmas to open them - just open them when they come - and actually it has nothing to do with Christmas - just my normal macross spending happening to fall in December which makes it more festive. But if I was going to ask Santa for a macross Christmas present it would have to be..... hmmmm.... so many to choose from.... only one?..... welll..... One that exists in reality?..... Oh! I figured it out! A prebuilt and master painted Moscato Regult Scout! Yeah!!!! That exists right? Has anyone built theirs yet?

My wife surprises me every year with some sort of Macross related gift. One year it was my first 1/48 (Roy), then the 1/48 Hikaru Super the following year.

She absolutely blew me away last year when she created a 1:1 GUBABA!!! She felt bad that she didn't order me a valk, but I assured her that the amazing job she did on the little guy (and the fact that she even thought to do it AND took the time to create it) was far better than any mass produced collectible (not to mention one of the most heartfelt gifts I had ever received).

I wonder what she has cooked up this year... :)

My parents surely won't buy me Macross, and my fiance....well.....you guys should know by now that she has a hard enough time with me buying them. :( So no Macross present for me unless I buy them and wrap them myself :(:( If you cannot tell I keep getting sadder :(:(:( if anyone out there would like to buy me any macross presents I would be more :) then depending on what it is I may be more :D So who wants to show me some love ^_^

Edited by misterryno

My parents surely won't buy me Macross, and my fiance....well.....you guys should know by now that she has a hard enough time with me buying them. :( So no Macross present for me unless I buy them and wrap them myself :(:( If you cannot tell I keep getting sadder :(:(:( if anyone out there would like to buy me any macross presents I would be more :) then depending on what it is I may be more :D So who wants to show me some love ^_^

PM me your address MisterRyno. This macross Santa may be a few weeks late though!

I doubt I will get any Macross stuff for x-mas. I don't think anyone in my family would know what to get me anyway.

I do know I have a certain number of Lego sets to open. One of them being the biggest set ever made! I doubt I finish that x-mas day. :huh:

I doubt I will get any Macross stuff for x-mas. I don't think anyone in my family would know what to get me anyway.

I do know I have a certain number of Lego sets to open. One of them being the biggest set ever made! I doubt I finish that x-mas day. :huh:

Hey, PM me your address (again) too Sqidd. Never mind. I found it ...

Edited by miriya

Wife bought me the vf1s and 1a revoltech and the Anniversary set from Valk Exchange. Won't see that til next year but I have a very sneaky suspicion that she also got me the VF1J max (for my vf1d custom) and the 1/100 Monster. All in all it should be a rockin christmas in our household. Especially if I finish the two customs I am currently working on, this weekend.

Didn't want to disrupt the 21 currently listed for the number of votes. ;)

Usually wait for the big day to open the gifts.

Didn't request any Macross items for Christmas. Though, I did link the YF-21 commercial in my wish list to my friends, as a "snowball's chance in hell"/"shoot the moon"/gag-joke idea.

If I was serious, I think my family and friends would slap me silly for even suggesting any Macross mecha goodness, especially once they see the prices for the stuff. :wacko:

Not exactly sure what I'm getting this year. But I'm getting to that point in life where the joy I get from opening my own gifts is equaled (if not surpassed) by the joy I get from seeing and hearing my nieces' and nephews' reactions when they open their gifts from me..........Yeah, I'm getting to be an old fart.

Edited by Mog

finally got a 1/48 super/strike parts (it also came with a vf-1s for the price of the super/strike although the vf-1s yellowed a little) on my 1st trip to Japan. I'll consider this my coolest gift.

haha awesome! :D A week and a year ago was my 1st visit to Tokyo but return trip (so 2nd really) from holidays in Russia

and my main purchase was the ultimate 1/60 YF-19. Twas the first YF-19 in australia! Everyone else was still waiting for the

mail drop. :p I'd love to grab a YF-21 1/60 next time i'm in Tokyo, but i'd doubt i'd be going and the wife won't get off at

Akihabara. T_T Thanks everyone for your responses! :D Very good reading.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ironically - I think it's hard for us collectors to get really excited about Christmas...

Kids get excited because Christmas is often one of those rare occasions when they are showered with gifts.

But adult collectors ...er...well... it's Christmas basically at least once a month...

On the other hand --

For me personally; the fact that there's no great enthusiasm about getting presents on Christmas helps me appreciate the familial and personal aspect more.

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to being with those I care for more than to getting presents - not because I'm such a fantastically virtuous guy - but rather because I get "presents" year round anyways.... so there's really no excitement in the material aspect of Christmas for me.

VFTF1

I had a list for my relitives to look at and pick something. all sorts of stuff from car bits, clothes, books and Models and Toys.

So far the only person that has looked at the site was my Dad and that was only after I told him That I only wanted stuff on that list. He said he didn't like any of the stuff, and had to be Pestered into just getting something. I mean FFS it's my present, He doesn't have to like it. Grumpy old git.

Next year I wont bother and do what I normally end up doing, Throwing all the pointless crap and thoughtlessly chosen stuff in the trash or giving it away to charity. My family has never been any good at Christmas since I was 12 (the last year I got toys), I mean WTF does a Vegi need a Stake carving set for.

Any ways Ho ho ho merry Christmas to you all. If you all were my family I'd get all the right gifts. :)

this sat will mark the end of macross buying for me....for this 2007 that is :ph34r:

25th anniversary valks should be arriving THIS SAT and boy the black VF-1S is simply awesome !!! a perfect early christmas gift to myself

how I know? currently the YF and VF are on public display in a local shop ~ ^_^

now I regret why I did not pre-order 2x VF-1S