Refusing to buy another Yamato product...

drkstar00

I want Yamato to make Regults!

If they could copy moscato's design or get anywhere close, that would be sweet.

I think that 1/60 would be cool, as huge as that may be.

They can squat in the box to save room.

The box which comes with all the parts to make a scout, missiles, heavy missiles, and swap parts for regult variations and of course the zentraedi warrior figure. Actually two - One to go inside the Regult and one to stand next to it.

Yeah, Thats what I want!

Now Yamato, Ready, Set, Begin....

i said many times over, if yamato were to package a regult varient and any one destroid, it'll guarantee sales for both toys. every now and then, they can release a different regult varient with a different destroid until ll 4 are made(though i think theres only 3 regult varients?) and since neither regult nor destroid in transformable, they can still price the 2-pack the same as their $200 valk releases....cha-ching!

i'm giving you free business advice yamato!

2-pack = guaranteed sale of both

There are 4 Regults, Standard, Close-range Missiles, Long Range Missiles, and Scout. You also have the Glaug as a possible pack-in with a destroid so yeah, you could do an enemy Regult/Destroid combo pack pretty easily but my fear is that that might get pricey. A Regult on its own might cost like $60 and I'd want it bad. If it were $100 and came with a destroid I wouldn't want it as much... I don't have much love for destroids.

There are 4 Regults, Standard, Close-range Missiles, Long Range Missiles, and Scout. You also have the Glaug as a possible pack-in with a destroid so yeah, you could do an enemy Regult/Destroid combo pack pretty easily but my fear is that that might get pricey. A Regult on its own might cost like $60 and I'd want it bad. If it were $100 and came with a destroid I wouldn't want it as much... I don't have much love for destroids.

but it'll force you into buying them and thats fits right into yamato's agenda, making money.

if they release them one at a time, a few of them might end up being shelf warmers. if you do a 2-pack, everyone is SOFL and we'd have no choice but to buy both just to get the one.

its a no brainer. it'd be more likely they'd lose money on a single project/toy...*cough* q-rau *cough*

They would then nearly double their hypothetical sales by subsequently re-releasing the "anime-accurate" recolors :lol:

They would then nearly double their hypothetical sales by subsequently re-releasing the "anime-accurate" recolors

That's probably a dig at WAVE but IIRC Matchbox and Bandai reissued their 1/144 Destroids in "Civilian Defense" paint schemes also to milk a bit more money out of the molds. So yeah, plenty of opportunity.

That's probably a dig at WAVE but IIRC Matchbox and Bandai reissued their 1/144 Destroids in "Civilian Defense" paint schemes also to milk a bit more money out of the molds. So yeah, plenty of opportunity.

Actually, that's a dig at Yamato, but you're right - it might equally well be a reference to WAVE. Actually, I thought that the griping about the Yamato VF-0A CF and Shin releases were pretty daft, but nevermind that :lol:

:waits for WAVE SDF-1 Recolor preorder:

The box which comes with all the parts to make a scout, missiles, heavy missiles, and swap parts for regult variations and of course the zentraedi warrior figure. Actually two - One to go inside the Regult and one to stand next to it.

I'm down for the Zentran figure to be included like on the Q-rau but there's no way they'd include all the parts for all the variants. Then they couldn't milk the mold for each variant.

i said many times over, if yamato were to package a regult varient and any one destroid, it'll guarantee sales for both toys. every now and then, they can release a different regult varient with a different destroid until ll 4 are made(though i think theres only 3 regult varients?) and since neither regult nor destroid in transformable, they can still price the 2-pack the same as their $200 valk releases....cha-ching!

i'm giving you free business advice yamato!

2-pack = guaranteed sale of both

That could work but I'd almost rather see the regular regult released first on its own and the variants release on their own. Then to milk the mold more they can pack in the variants with the destroids later. That way destroids get made and people can army build regults for hopefully cheaper.

A Regult on its own might cost like $60 and I'd want it bad. If it were $100 and came with a destroid I wouldn't want it as much... I don't have much love for destroids.

The Q-rau was about $90 when it was released. I'm pretty sure we're not going to get a regult for $60.

Although the 2 pack idea is a good one, I am now thinking that I would just preffer to have a Regult by itself. In any case Yamato ought to put out Regults and Destroids maybe in the Gnu line? They probably already have this in the pipelines. Graham?

well... Nora, Ivanov and the SV-51's weren't "really" an enemy, depends on your perspective.

Neither were the Zendradi mechs - at least in the final analysis.... I personally like the fact that Yamato is not producing these in the spirit of X quantity of Evil Evilons vs. X Quantity of Heroic Heropeoples.... the whole point of Macross is to undermine this silly dualism and get us to recognize that things are often more complex, more tragic - and positively speaking - resolvable peacefully precisely because differences can be overcome - one doesn't carry an "Evil" label throughout eternity in order for the series to sustain itself...

VFTF1

I won't say it will never happen, but the chance of seeing Regults in 1/60 is probably pretty slim. There is probably a greater chance in the Gnu line.

I feel a solitary tear forming above my cheek... NOOOOoooooo!!!! Ugh, I don't want Gnu, I want 1/60! Hopefully Yamato will build a ton of new cool products and hit a point where they have some downtime and give the Regult some love.