ATTN: YAMATO, START SEALING YOUR BOXES

do not disturb

SEALED BOXES  

115 members have voted

1. 1. YAMATO NEEDS TO SEAL THEIR BOXES

• YES
    • NO

in light of my recent experience with toy-wave, who else thinks yamato should start sealing their boxes?

its seems more and more sellers are selling return/damaged stock as new and sealing their boxes would help prevent it from happening.

maybe its not a big deal to everyone but its a big deal to me and perhaps graham could pass this along at his next meeting with them.

Edited by do not disturb

Marketing Exec #1"Hey #2, do you think we should seal the boxes on these high-end collectible toys?"

Marketing Exec #2 "No #1 the cost in tape alone will bankrupt us"

Marketing Exec #1 "That will cuts some cost out of the budget" "should we bookmark those funds to the QC dept?"

Marketing Exec #2 "........No, those two guys just received raises" ;)

Edited by Roy's Blues

There should be some type of seal with a logo.

I was at Gamestop once and we opened up a Legendary Edition Halo just to see what the helmet looked like. It was sealed with round stickers.

After looking at the helmet, they just resealed it and put a new round sticker over the old one, so at first look, it doesn't look like it was opened.

They also have a shrink wrapper in back. I bought my wife a DVD for xmas, but wanted to watch it during a break, so I watched it, then went over to GS and had them shrink wrap it for me.

:wacko:

yeah, i'm stupid, i know.

yep, ad a piece of tape or something.

better yet, fix the packaging so that production cost of packages are lower, minimize them.

i've always mentioned making the boxes like the masterpiece transformers, ie: MP-01, but with end inserts and a security tape, not just some clear scotch tape.

you know i bet yamato is in a contract with some packaging company. man i hate the flimsy cardboard crap and that flood varnish feel is so tacky. i pick up a $210 USD SV-51, and it just doesn't feel like a $200 item. it's a $200 toy for goodness sake!...why not give us better packaging?

it's almost like buying burger and fries, and they forget to include the fries! wth?

i preordered the 25th annv. vf-1 and i bet it'll be packaged on the same flimsy box with some ridiculous photoshop filter.

matte black or textured corrugated box with some gold foil stamping! come on yamato! geeez.

Now that I think of it, it's possible the Garland I just got with a completely exploded shoulder joint could have been a damaged and returned item. I know shoulder breakage has been a common problem, but the way the plastic was broken it almost looked like someone grabbed the arm and pulled upward on it really hard. I would have no way of knowing since the box isn't sealed. The tray is taped, but it's a lot less noticable to remove/replace tape on a plastic tray.

Anyway, yeah, I vote for tape. I agree with what previous posters said, Yamato should have thier OWN tape and not just clear tape. For a collectable that's $200+ we should be assured that it's not been tampered with. How about some nice hologram sticker seals?

Edited by eriku

I completely agree, but Yamato should use their own proprietary shrink wrap with the "Y" on it. Xbox games use their own shrink wrap with a hologram to ensure no one with a shrink wrap machine reseals games. In Yamato's case, a hologram may be too much but at least print a good sized "Y" on the back.

For a collectable that's $200+ we should be assured that it's not been tampered with.

Quoted for truth!!

I think they really should make smaller boxes. these 1/48 and 1/60 are

big but it just doesn't justify the huge box that they come in. Why the

boxes have never been sealed I don't know. I prefer getting all my

purchases sealed. I like knowing that its fresh from the factory and

I'm the first to open it up. i sold off a bunch of 1/48 just cuase I don't

have the space. I still have about 30 - 35 of these guys and that just

consumes so much space.

I think they really should make smaller boxes. these 1/48 and 1/60 are

big but it just doesn't justify the huge box that they come in. Why the

boxes have never been sealed I don't know. I prefer getting all my

purchases sealed. I like knowing that its fresh from the factory and

I'm the first to open it up. i sold off a bunch of 1/48 just cuase I don't

have the space. I still have about 30 - 35 of these guys and that just

consumes so much space.

So there are 2 people whom have voted no. And yet they cannot chime in? What's your justifacation for your answer? We who say Aye have listed our reasons. I am just curious what the other side has to say. :ph34r:

i've thought about making a package for the special valkyries (most of them are special to most of you), but for example the low vis 1. i asked one of our printers today and the cost to make a die cut for foil stamping is about $40 per die.

i'm seriously thinking about making special boxes for some of the valkyries.

It makes no difference to me. I just think if Yamato decides on sealing their boxes, it's gonna' cost us an extra $30.00 bucks.

Sealing a figure never gaurantees you'll get a perfect figure everytime. Mind you Yamato, has had several issues with missing or incorrect parts. And if you think receiving an item sealed will have no issues, well let's just say Toynami and their MPCs are a perfect example of what could go horribly wrong.

It makes no difference to me. I just think if Yamato decides on sealing their boxes, it's gonna' cost us an extra $30.00 bucks.

Sealing a figure never gaurantees you'll get a perfect figure everytime. Mind you Yamato, has had several issues with missing or incorrect parts. And if you think receiving an item sealed will have no issues, well let's just say Toynami and their MPCs are a perfect example of what could go horribly wrong.

Yeah, but Toynami's poor product has nothing to do with weather or not their packages are sealed. I don't think anyone is saying that sealed boxes will mean issue-free toys, just that it's a guarantee of sorts that we're not getting an item that was removed, messed with, returned to the box and sold as factory-fresh.

It seems like complete madness to me why anyone WOULDN'T want the boxes taped or sealed, what harm would it do? It's an extremely cheap and simple measure that would lend a lot more credibility to these expensive toys. As long as they don't take it too far and start securing the toys with twisty-ties... :ph34r:

Edited by eriku

Smaller boxes would help. You then don't need an X Files sized warehouse to store em in.

And this my friends, is the reason I do not collect the 1/48 scale. Sad but true. The only "large" boxes I have to deal with are the ones for the 1/55 Super Valk, Strike Valk, Super Ostrich & the Elint Seeker. ^_^

as strange as it is, its a poll. i didn't expect it to be completely one sided.

one thing for sure, theres 3 members people need to look out for. :ph34r::lol:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Your just being....as Zar kept putting it....BAD TEMPERED.....LOL......Just Kidding.......some people ......I tell ya.

Well I voted yes, maybe a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have really cared but this week I recieved two items advertised as new and have been opened. First was a revoltech VF-1A, bags opened and retaped and the secound was a HCM Pro gundam, that came with an anckle guard missing and the box had three pieces of tape over one end so it's been opened more than once.

I hate buying other peoples warranty claims.

as strange as it is, its a poll. i didn't expect it to be completely one sided.

one thing for sure, theres 3 members people need to look out for. :ph34r::lol:

Is your vote now, or have you ever voted "no" on DnD's Should Yamato Seal Their Boxes poll?

:lol:

Edited by eugimon