Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

I had no idea what you were alluding to, really. The statement "the SMS's Macross 25 [Quarter] Battleship Steering Person." is not exactly clear, other than the character in question is at the helm of... something.

So, said character is at the helm of Macross 25's Battle section, which is under SMS control.

It's not alluding to anything. It's a translation, attempting to approximate the original text as best as can be in English.

Therefore, the people making allusions are the writers - either of the website, or the PR department authorizing the information.

FYI, the character is not specifically stated to be at the helm of anything. He could be the guy up in the rear hold of the ship, who presses the manuevering thruster button whenever ordered to.

We just don't know.

Edited by sketchley

I hope this series ups the chances of us seeing a New Macross class ship in toy form sometime. I know it's not universally popular among Macross fans, but I rather like it.

so...any news if the 25th anniversary special aired on tbs is available on the net already?? before sketchley gets a stroke from reading all our non-japanese-language-limited understanding-assumption and we get an answer on what exactly is this fleet of, hehehehehe!!

j/k!

Purty new pictures. Thanks Graham.

I agree the top view of the fighter is just displaying the beginning of the transformation sequence, not the final fighter mode form. Both previous fighter mode pictures (forward view pictures and the rear view pictures) show the rear fuselage as completely closed.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :lol:

-Sergorn

I told myself I wasn't going to do this. Oh yeah, I'll just take my mind off it, occupy myself with other stuff and just casually wait till it is released.

But noooooo here I am playing through Eternal Love Song (PC Engine) on one monitor with TT auto-refreshing on the other... oh brother.

WOW

:o:o:o

I really hope they can keep the quality of this episode for the rest of the series! It looks like an OAV

Graham was right, the "ghostly image" was actualy the fold.

I haven't finished watching it but it has references to MOST previous series! (haven't found the reference to Zero yet)

:lol:

Sergorn: watch it :)

No. It's called making sure that you are conveying accurate information and covering all of your bases; and is something that one learns to do in university.

This is the original post:

I think it's pretty safe to assume that since it's a Japanese show, and most civilized nations are abhorred by the idea of private armies, that it won't actually end up being private defense contractors.

"most civilized nations..." "abhorred" Sorry (removed for offensive content by 'eugimon'), these are loaded words and you know it. And learning not to assume is also something you learn in university, but maybe you missed that class so you could take some extension classes on "how to use your knowledge to be a (removed for offensive content by 'eugimon'), on the internet 101".

Edit:: My apologies to Sketchley for immaturely calling him names.

Edited by eugimon

Just saw it, awesome. Somehow it got the original Macross series vibes on it which is a good thing.

The CG is good, I love those Maizurus, Uraga and the Algenicus look alike B))

Can't wait for the next episode.

Just saw it, awesome. Somehow it got the original Macross series vibes on it which is a good thing.

The CG is good, I love those Maizurus, Uraga and the Algenicus look alike B))

Can't wait for the next episode.

Wow, wow, wow. Speechless at this point.

I just love how they managed to reference every previous series without being overt about it. Also, the 2D/3D integration is seamless. Even simple things like the seatback screens in the starliner turning on looked beautiful.

From the scene with VF-171's launching, to the last frame I was on the edge of my seat.

Edited by Sketch

thanks for posting the link! Animation looks pretty good for a series and I liked the battle choreography. I loved all the little and not so little nods to all the various macross shows.

Edited by eugimon

OH! MY! GOD! :o

I...I don't even know what to say. That was EVERYTHING I love about Macross, only kicked up to the next level. The animation and soundtrack were movie quality. If the entire series is as consistent as that episode, I may have a new favorite anime of all time!

That seriously just made my entire holiday. A million thanks for that link.

Macross F = PURE MF'N WIN!!!!

The ending theme gave me goosebumps... do you think they'll keep it?

I swear my eyes were getting misty when that song came on. Even my wife came into the room all excited to hear it. This series is everything I've been wanting in a Macross sequel for YEARS now!

What link? I'm downloading the torrent from TT. Is there a quicker way to see some MF goodness?

Those stills from the special look awesome. I love the VF-171 scheme and those armoured valks would make the VF-1 fast packs feel proud.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24559

I have already started a thread with several guidelines regarding MF. The first posts has all the links you'll need. File requests and offers of any kind are not permitted anywhere on the forum. If you have a link, PM a mod and it will be added.