DRYL remastered DVD release

the_foul_fowl

A ready to burn whatever DVD's are encoded to file.

I'm guessing you're talking about .ISO/.IMG files...or something similar. Looking for a subtitled version though, right? Well, I've been trying to work on some subs for the HD Remaster with not much luck; moreover my computer is down for the moment so I'm unable to finish any of my projects. I wouldn't mind hosting a torrent though if I had the right files and such...it'd be the best I could do when my PC is back up and running. Anyway....

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have just the retimed subtitled file? Since Hurin has stated he is not going to retime it himself :( , I would like to use Hurin's old DVD Lab Pro file and substitute the sub file he had in there for the retimed one.

P.S. Hurin, if you ever do decide to retime your subs (and they are your subs, as far as I'm concerned), will you also do a more elaborate DVD Lab Pro file. I liked the DVD intro you did, and was wondering if you could ever outdo yourself.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have just the retimed subtitled file? Since Hurin has stated he is not going to retime it himself :( , I would like to use Hurin's old DVD Lab Pro file and substitute the sub file he had in there for the retimed one.

P.S. Hurin, if you ever do decide to retime your subs (and they are your subs, as far as I'm concerned), will you also do a more elaborate DVD Lab Pro file. I liked the DVD intro you did, and was wondering if you could ever outdo yourself.

I actually made a version of the R2 DVD with full-motion chapter selection menus w/ full music. But since I can't distribute the video snippets and audio that are used in the menus, there wasn't much point in posting it online. I showed it at MWCon a few years back.

Best,

H

Edit: Oh, and remember, I didn't do the actual translating. I worked from a timed english script. Granted, I did change a lot and made the english less stilted and awkward (IMHO). The original script was pretty bad and it was largely reworked. But I didn't start from scratch!

it's about time! now they just need to release a U.S. edition. all i have is the crummy BEST VIDEO VHS release that was released a few years back. a two hour movie recorded in SLP on a 30-minute real estate tape with that goshawful TOHO dub!! for instance, when hikaru takes minmay on that joyride around saturn: ..."FOCKER: hey, hikaruuu! HIKARU: A MAN!!!!" SHAORIN: WHAT THE HELL!?!? :angry: anyway, at least the TOHO dub is good for a few laughs, and the tape is reasonally bearable on my 1988 mitsubishi HS-U70 S-VHS VCR.

Edited by Shaorin

I actually made a version of the R2 DVD with full-motion chapter selection menus w/ full music. But since I can't distribute the video snippets and audio that are used in the menus, there wasn't much point in posting it online. I showed it at MWCon a few years back.

Best,

H

Edit: Oh, and remember, I didn't do the actual translating. I worked from a timed english script. Granted, I did change a lot and made the english less stilted and awkward (IMHO). The original script was pretty bad and it was largely reworked. But I didn't start from scratch!

Then you actually "Transliterated" it.

Essentially took the raw translation and corrected the syntax and terms to make it better understood by English audiences.

Finally been able to do a DVD using the retimed subs (what with an anime convention last weekend, a god-daughter's birthday, not to mention the everyday routine with my wife & 4 month old daughter, who can find time to do anything else?) It looks good, but I found that when I encoded those subs on DVD Lab Pro, the best results I got was by introducing a half second delay to the subs. Before that, the subs would appear before the characters even started talking. This way, they appear just as they are talking, or a fraction of a second after (just as they should).

I still appeal to Hurin's charitable good nature, please retime the subs yourself, and make a new DVD Lab Pro file with a new & improved DVD intro. B))

I don't mean to butt-in and hijack here but, has anybody been able to score this (3-disc edition) from anywhere since Bandai yanked it? I know you can still get the single disc version from places like YesAsia, etc.

I had it on order from Amazon US, since the day they offered it, initially for $140. Then it steadily rose over the following weeks to $200. Then I got an email from them saying they wouldn't be getting it and they cancelled my order. Lo and behold, a few weeks later it's back on their site for $200, but not available. I think they just weren't willing to commit to the original price, their guarantee not withstanding.

What's the latest?

Edited by Cypher

Thank you! I may do what I should have done in the first place and beg someone I know in Osaka to nab one for me. Glad to know they are still around.

I couldn't care less about the screwed up pages or whatever.

Thank you! I may do what I should have done in the first place and beg someone I know in Osaka to nab one for me. Glad to know they are still around.

I couldn't care less about the screwed up pages or whatever.

try "rinkya.com" they are a translation/agent service for yahoo japan that enables anyone in the world to bid on yahoo japan's items.

I got a hold of my contact in Osaka and he's on the lookout for me. I'm waiting to see if he comes through before putting yours or Shawn's ideas into motion. Thanks for the additional suggestion!

I've waited this long - if I have to wait a bit to find out I have to go it alone, using what you guys have armed me with, then my odds will certainly increase.

Always better to have backup plans.

• 2 weeks later...
What is a VHS VCR?

it is a VHS (VictorHelicalSystem/VideoHomeSystem) VCR. (VideoCassetteRecorder) VHS video technology was invented by JVC in 1976. it and Laserdisc were the dominant home video technologies until they were supplanted by DVD in the early 2000s. some say that VHS stands for "victor helical system" (JVC is known as "victor" in japan, and "helical" refers to the helical scanning method in which the video heads write the video information onto the magnetic video tape, which is what allows long recording times on relatively short tape) however, most say VHS stands for "video home system" personally, i believe the former is correct. anyway, i hope this answers your question.

Edited by Shaorin

it's about time! now they just need to release a U.S. edition. all i have is the crummy BEST VIDEO VHS release that was released a few years back. a two hour movie recorded in SLP on a 30-minute real estate tape with that goshawful TOHO dub!! for instance, when hikaru takes minmay on that joyride around saturn: ..."FOCKER: hey, hikaruuu! HIKARU: A MAN!!!!" SHAORIN: WHAT THE HELL!?!? :angry: anyway, at least the TOHO dub is good for a few laughs, and the tape is reasonally bearable on my 1988 mitsubishi HS-U70 S-VHS VCR.

There was also the awful subtitled version from the '90s..."My engine blocks are angry at me."

• 1 month later...

I noticed Amazon US is still taking orders on the memorial box version and oddly dropped the price from the $200.49 they were asking to $179.99. Of course, the question being... will I ever actually get it? Has anyone actually gotten this from Amazon?

I could watch the 2002 enhanced version for free but I want to

see this bad ass HD version I got this 57" projection HD tv it is awsome to watch anime

also there are downloadable eng/span subs

can they be made to work with a DVD with a special editing or somthing

The cheapest price I could get

was $65.00 shipped 1 disk no artbook or the cover is the same comes in a clear box

its got the same quality too.

I hate Harmony Gold its all thier fault this never came over to the states

I noticed Amazon US is still taking orders on the memorial box version and oddly dropped the price from the $200.49 they were asking to $179.99. Of course, the question being... will I ever actually get it? Has anyone actually gotten this from Amazon?

I had it on order with Amazon for months, they voluntarily cancelled that order. They perpetually advertise it but there's been apparently no word on any more being released.

Mr. Reagan

• 3 weeks later...
What is a VHS VCR?

Everytime someone cracks this joke, a little part of me dies inside. B))

Holy cow, you guys weren't kidding about the grain.

I've been meaning to say that this post made my day back when I first read it. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
I found an online release, I think alot of the grain was removed, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. My first reactio nwhen I watched this, "WTF? There's a baseball field by the concert hall?"

It wasn't the one at AnimeSuki, right? That one used destructive grain removal (for example, the delicate pattern on Minmay's blanket is totally gone).

• 2 months later...