Christmas' Crazy Black Friday Deals

Gaijin

Mods, feel free to delete if this is too OT but how can anyone not try to vote and get a chance to get these at these prices:

Amazon Custromers Vote!!

A Wii for $79, a 40GB PS3 for $139, a 360 Arcade for $99!! Looks like teh Wiii is winning.

A BD Player or HD DVD player for $149, or an HD TVio for $89!

A 46" Samsung 1080p LCD for $719 :D

Vote people and hope you are picked to reap the goods.

Beauty of the Amazon thing is you needn't do a thing except check your email..if you get picked, you can buy the item at the price, and even if your item didn't "win" you can possibly get picked to get it at a discount anyways.

Why all the votes for the Wii? Jesus.

If you look on some of the 'deal' sites, you'll hear horror-stories from people realizing their kid wants a Wii and now's too late to buy one with the constant demand.

I hope I could get a PS3 at a steal but I doubt it.

Man, that surprised the hell out of me. All of our major stores around here have more then their fair share of any of the major consoles.

I think the annual console quest is comedy gold. The dummy in the cubicle next to me told me his kid wanted and he was getting a Wii for Christmas in August and I told him to buy it then so he wouldn't get caught up in the christmas supply debacle. He assured me, no, no don't worry about it, "I have a buddy that works at the KMart and he is gonna get me one at his discount in November." I walked past six of them fresh off the truck in October at Target and told him 30 minutes later, he again assured me, no big deal it's all good.

Yesterday I hear him on the phone franticaly calling all the local stores and unable to find one in town. I LOL'ed.

I had a PS3 about a month or two after they came out. Didn't like it so I eBayed it and kept my wii and 360 elite. I still like the 360 more then the ps3 and think HD DVD is a much better format. Not big on supporting BluRay since it uses such old codecs and isn't quite as crisp as HD DVD.

If you look on some of the 'deal' sites, you'll hear horror-stories from people realizing their kid wants a Wii and now's too late to buy one with the constant demand.

My parents are going through that now. I've told them numerous times who had them in stock in the past but they didn't want it then. Since my mom likes to wait until the last minute to get anything, she had to shell out over $600 for a bundle deal on the net (either from Gamestop or Best Buy, and I don't even know if it's a guarantee that she'll get one) so my younger sisters could have one. My older sister went through the same thing last year looking for one for her kids (she called every retail store between Chicago and Milwaukee looking for one). Then I just happened to be in a Walmart when they got a box in and snagged one for my kid's b-day in April.

We were done with the Solstice shopping over a month ago, and the short scale bass guitar I bought just came in. To hell with waiting in lines forever. I'd rather pay a little more for the gifts than try and make it through the riot day sales.

Not big on supporting BluRay since it uses such old codecs and isn't quite as crisp as HD DVD.

:blink: Hmph! ROFLMAO!!

They use the exact same codecs. Audio though....that's another ballgame. Go to avsforum.com or Highdefdigest.com for up to date info regarding both formats.

I voted for the TV and PS3. Need a new tv and I can use another PS3 either as a DVD upconverter or to give my brother as a Blu-ray player.

I'm curious if Apple Stores are going to have any deals on Friday. The LAST thing I want to do is go to any store on Friday, but I'm in the market for an Apple and if they have a good deal it might actually lure me out.

Historically, Apple Black Friday sales have been modest at best. If you are in the market for an iMac or any of the low end stuff (iMac, Macbook), then consider waiting until Friday.

I'm curious if Apple Stores are going to have any deals on Friday. The LAST thing I want to do is go to any store on Friday, but I'm in the market for an Apple and if they have a good deal it might actually lure me out.

I have no idea what they're going to be selling and at what prices, but I did get an e-mail from Apple this morning that pretty much said "Hey, we're having a Black Friday sale!"

Honestly, though, knowing how tightly Apple controls pricing of their products, I'd just shop the Apple's refurbished deals. They're all certified by Apple, and there's some pretty decent deals to find.

anybody having laptops for sale online on friday? I need one with a decent graphics card.

my usual GS just got 12 Wii's in, but they are telling people that they have none until Friday morning.

Thankfully, he put one aside for me so I don't have to search too hard for Xmas. Or as we say in the hood, CRIMISS.

anybody having laptops for sale online on friday? I need one with a decent graphics card.

my usual GS just got 12 Wii's in, but they are telling people that they have none until Friday morning.

Thankfully, he put one aside for me so I don't have to search too hard for Xmas. Or as we say in the hood, CRIMISS.

By the time you read this, you should get the ads. But if ya can't wait... -> http://bfads.net/

Well I didn't win a wii from amazon for 79 bucks. Was anyone here offered one?

I want to win that TV one. My old TV has just started to show signs of death. Kinda sucks there are big sells tommorrow but the amazon deal is offered next week.

I still like the 360 more then the ps3 and think HD DVD is a much better format. Not big on supporting BluRay since it uses such old codecs and isn't quite as crisp as HD DVD.

You might want to check your "facts". The picture and sound quality of High Definition Media is largely dependant on the mastering. Some times a movie will be released on both formats, but look different. Often, this can be due to two different encodes (Like T2, for example). Both HD DVD and Blu-ray use the EXACT same codecs for video (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC, and VC-1). The audio codecs are pretty much the same, as well. The main difference, in terms of overall quality is the bitrate. Blu-ray supports much higher bitrates than HD DVD. From a technical standpoint, Blu-ray can have far better picture and sound quality than HD DVD. Both formats can still look great, but Blu-ray does have the edge in specs. If you want to learn more about HDM, check out the HD DVD/Blu-ray thread.

Looks like I'll be christmas shopping of Friday. Nothing to get you in the holiday spirit like the annual run with the wolves...

Walmart. Saturday 23rd. PS3 80GB. $499 with 10 free Blu-rays in the store plus 5 mail in free so...15 BD Movies for free!

Circuit City has Super Mario Galaxy as a doorbuster for $35. Closest one to me is a little over a half an hour, though, but there's a Wal-Mart near the Staples I'm hitting at 6:00, I'll see if they'll price match.

but there's a Wal-Mart near the Staples I'm hitting at 6:00, I'll see if they'll price match.

I doubt it since the line they gave me in the past is that they won't comp other stores sale prices. Something about sales being a "gimmick" and they only match regular prices. Good luck with it though. Maybe they've changed their evil ways.

I doubt it since the line they gave me in the past is that they won't comp other stores sale prices. Something about sales being a "gimmick" and they only match regular prices. Good luck with it though. Maybe they've changed their evil ways.

That's pretty twisted. I've got Wal-Mart to match prices on me twice, once for 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime ($5 less at Target), and once on a 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo ($29.99 at Gamestop). Heck, at my Wal-Mart, I've seen people carry stuff over to the register, tell the cashier that it's a couple bucks less somewhere else, and the cashier just says, "OK" and marks it down without seeing so much as a sales flier (and I have the Circuit City ad). The only reason I could see them not matching it is because it's a doorbuster, but I'll be at Wal-Mart by 6:30-7:00, so I figure it's worth a shot.