Christmas' Crazy Black Friday Deals

Gaijin

my haul consists of:

Z desk, L-shape 79.00, reg 139.00 and TV stand 49.00, reg 77.00 at office depot. They had a really nice 42inch LCD for around 679.00, but had to pass.

Dirt Devil vacuum 35.00, reg 50.00, Toaster 19.99, reg 29.00 at Target

I found a movie Ironhide and Jazz for my nephew at Walmart. No real bargins to speak.

I didn't go nuts, mostly because I hate people and get really irritable in crowds, and partly because I'd already spent a bit buying Mass Effect, Rock Band, Hasbro MP Starscream, and preordering a reissue MP-05 Megatron. (Oh, and I haven't seen him to get it off him, but I set aside money to buy Call of Duty 4 off my buddy when he's done with it). So, my actual Black Friday haul was limited to:

Super Mario Galaxy, $35 (from $50).

Logitech Quickcam Orbit AF webcam, $20 (from $130)

Samsung CLP-300 color laser printer, $100 (from $250)

I got Mario at Wal-Mart (had to make them price match a Circuit City doorbuster), the rest of my loot came from Staples.

I didn't go nuts, mostly because I hate people and get really irritable in crowds, and partly because I'd already spent a bit...

Lol, feel the same way. I spent the day sleeping in a waiting room as I got new tires fitted on...

I didn't go nuts, mostly because I hate people and get really irritable in crowds

I'm the same way. That's the main reason why I won't go to places like Six Flags parks. However, I did have to wait in line at 6am at an Office Depot yesterday with around 150 other people just to get a friggin' office chair. My old one cracked on one of the base legs and I needed a new one. Had to drive an hour away to get to the one store (out of six closer ones) that had ONE in stock. Yea, only ONE in stock. I found it, confirmed they had it, and then had to wait in line for nearly an hour just to pay for it.

It was like Death Race 2000 in the parking lots too.

I'm the same way. That's the main reason why I won't go to places like Six Flags parks. However, I did have to wait in line at 6am at an Office Depot yesterday with around 150 other people just to get a friggin' office chair. My old one cracked on one of the base legs and I needed a new one. Had to drive an hour away to get to the one store (out of six closer ones) that had ONE in stock. Yea, only ONE in stock. I found it, confirmed they had it, and then had to wait in line for nearly an hour just to pay for it.

It was like Death Race 2000 in the parking lots too.

That was really the situation at Staples, too. I was surprised, and I totally underestimated Staples deals and the people who go nuts for Black Friday. I thought most of them would be at the mall (but then again, the big department stores at the mall started at 4:00 am), and since Wal-Mart already did a pre-Black Friday Friday, and since they're open 24/7, I didn't know what they were doing. I went over to Wal-Mart at 5:00, and it was a nightmare. Lines from the checkouts to the back of the store. Turns out that they let people in whenever, but they had to wait until 5:00 for the Black Friday prices, so they loaded up the carts and started lining up. Electronics wasn't too bad, and all I wanted was Mario, so I got out pretty quick, and got to Staples at 5:40, a good 20 minutes before they opened, only to find a line of 200-300 people at the door already.

I was in Missouri and I thought that since the town I was in was small that the crowds would be smaller at Black Friday then in So. Cal, was I wrong. Since there's not many shopping areas in MO, people drove hours to stand in 20 degree lines. I ended up getting my Tom Tom LE GPS for $110 and a couple DVDs and went to the Waffle House and headed home for a nap since I did not want to stand in line for house just to pay.

I spent more than I've ever done on Black Friday. I got an awesome deal on a Samsung monitor I didn't think would reach that price for another year, and I had a GC. Thing's brighter than the sun and almost as big as my old TV. And I got the the Super Mario Galaxy for 35$, 2nd to last copy I didn't think I would pull that off. Got TWO UPS's, they were just so darn cheap and I've been waiting on them to come down so cheap for 2 years. I also got some good deals for my family's christmas stuff.

It was busier than I thought. Started as Circuit City 30min before opening thinking everyone would be at BestBuy but they were wiser than I thought and the line was behind the building by then. Staples was busier than I thought, but they had good stuff there too. Overall the lines were very civil. Was able to joke with alot of them.

Did any of you guys get offered anything through the Amazon voting now that it's done with?

I did not. I sure have seen a serious spike in the SPAM folder of my Gmail account though. Don't know if it's related, but it started the day after I registered for Amazon's voting rounds. I went from 1 to 5 SPAMs per week to well over 15 per day. <_<