Transformer Super Thread 6

Very cool, thanks!

I find the fact they are doing this very interesting. I think they want to have very affordable versions of the toys for the average kid, and the larger sizes will be for parents with larger budgets, and collectors that want to keep everything in scale.

I find the fact they are doing this very interesting. I think they want to have very affordable versions of the toys for the average kid, and the larger sizes will be for parents with larger budgets, and collectors that want to keep everything in scale.

That's probably it. But yeah, isn't this the first time three different figures were done in Deluxe, Voyager and Leader? I wonder if there will be any Animated Legends figures. Legends are kind of crappy but I really dig some of them, and they're not bad for cheapies.

Oh and I think its only a matter of time before Animated Starscream is repainted and given a new head that is "un-animated", more typical looking. Possibly as an exclusive.

Classics Cyclonus perhaps?

That's probably it. But yeah, isn't this the first time three different figures were done in Deluxe, Voyager and Leader? I wonder if there will be any Animated Legends figures. Legends are kind of crappy but I really dig some of them, and they're not bad for cheapies.

In all 3 it seems so. The movie line made different toys for different price ranges, but this is the 1st to have all 3.

Who do I have to stalk/harass to get Soundwave and the cassette's the masterpiece treatment. I love transformers, but the G1 ones from my childhood maintain my interest and devotion. It was just a special time during childhood that the new versions just don't give me my fix for.

So... this hasn't got the white wing joins? I have just been hit with a payment request, and i am thinking of cancelling.. I mean come on where's the Japanse version with Takara box??? I'm cancelling.
While USA editions are sometimes altered in some manner, the packaging itself is almost always the same as Hasbro's... that's why they're called USA editions ;)

Are the figures in previous waves of the 07 movie still being included in the latest all spark wave? I have found the random classic camaro Bumblebee among them, I just wondering if there is still a chance of me finding a Concept Camaro Bumblebee.
There's a more accurately coloured 'Premium' version coming out relatively soon, though it has the battlemask head instead of his usual head. Price will be the same as normal Deluxe class toys.

Pics here

I thought 77 Bumblebee was the one designed by the Australian designer?
The Australian designer made Classics BB, Mirage, the video game controller bot and the Camaro Concept Bumblebee. Wish he HAD made the Classic Camaro as well :(

Didn't he also make the MP3 player bird?
Oh yeah, he did.

Given the debate over KOs in TF forums at the moment, this is the weirdest TF KO I own (sorry about the bad phone camera)

giantsuperionpg9.jpg

Each plane limb is roughly as large as Classics Starscream in fighter mode, all are made of a single plastic colour, bar the wings which are vacuum-metalised. Oddly, they've all been retooled so that you are forced to use this exact configuration if you want to use Superion's hands and feet, so no Scramble City hijinks.

Silverbolt is bizzare. He has chinese (I think) writing on the hull with a faint '2001' printed above it, giant Ms set in shields replacing the Autobot symbols, and a the words 'Kitten' with a wavey design behind it like an airline logo.

Both are mistransformed.

That's funny; When I saw the new Powerglide mistransformed with the wings angled outward like that, it immediately reminded me of when I was a kid and it REALLY BUGGED me that the promo pics for the original G1 Powerglide were ALSO MISTRANSFORMED exactly the same way in the original G1 CATALOGUE!

Looks like Hasbro is remaining true to it's classic line, even in the way they mistransform Powerglide, lol:

powerglide_mistranformed.jpg

Also, personally, I like the G1 Powerglide Jet proportions WAAY better than the new one, particularly the longer wingspan. The new one is a bit stubby. Also, for some reason, this new version reminds me of a VF-4 in bot mode.

I wish they'd put his engines on his back in bot mode. His fiery man-boobs just ruin the fig for me.

On the other hand, his legs look cool in bot mode, but disrupt the smoothness of the alt's forward fuselage.

The more I look at Powerglide, the more he looks like a complete trainwreck.

I want to see a fully colored, and properly transformed image before I judge him. I'll agree the light up boobs are a bit much. I'd rather they just be standard turbines.

I don't really have a problem with Powerglide's new duds... the engines impart kinda a Gundam-y look, which is alright. The only thing that bugs me is that his arms aren't quite long enough to be proportional (altho, if I was concerned about proportions, I probably wouldn't be a TF collector anyway :lol:)

Got my reissue God Ginrai (US PM Prime w/ Apex Armor) set today and it is totally swank... Ginrai's got one of the best trailer-base modes of any Prime design... I just gotta get a couple more Powermasters to hang out at the base and keep him company (I'm trying to find Slapdash and Getaway especially).

To me they just look like a generic afterburner effect, which we all know is wrong for an A-10.

And even if it is an IR-signature-reducing exhaust, that's also wrong for an A-10 and looks stupid. Real A-10 engine exhausts would look best in robot mode.

To me they just look like a generic afterburner effect, which we all know is wrong for an A-10.

And even if it is an IR-signature-reducing exhaust, that's also wrong for an A-10 and looks stupid. Real A-10 engine exhausts would look best in robot mode.

Its probably something that a hasbro designer saw on another jet and thought looked cool, without any knowledge of what it was for.

Ok, just now saw that big clear pic of the unpainted one.

Those aren't jet engine exhausts. Those are HELICOPTER turbine exhaust baffles. They are for stealth (IR signature reduction) but they cannot be used on a propulsive jet, only a turbo-shaft, like an Abrams tank or helicopter. If they could be used on a jet, they'd be on every F-15/16/18/22 out there, as well as ever passenger airliner to prevent heat-seeking missile attacks.

(and why are they clear? Since they're a solid object and not a flame, etc)

(and why are they clear? Since they're a solid object and not a flame, etc)

Because hasbro toy designers are not jet experts? I dunno. Sadly these toys are made to appeal to, A. more to kids. or B. To transformer fans who don't know that much about airplanes, without any regard to accuracy.