Transformer Super Thread 6

That is the secks. I am getting a SW next week. Totally rocks.

Totally off topic for a second, NSJ23, where did you get those Sentinals?

Along time ago. Two ML 10 sets from Cornerstorecomics, and one from Bigbadtoystore.

Couple skywarp closeups.

P1010277.jpg

P1010278.jpg

Even Prime? Prime's head is perfectly Prime, except modernised and detailed.

The problem is Transformers Movie stuff was essentially under ordered by comparison to other blockbuster toylines, so the retailers are filling the gaps with other Transformers stuff.

OK.. I'll pay that. prime's head IS spot on.

On the same Skywarp streak here so…

Nothing too fancy here. I just repainted an extra 6” Titanium War Within Starscream into a custom WW Skywarp to complete my line of War Within seeker jets. Used basic acrylic paints with a semi-gloss coat. I’m a bad modeler and painter and just tried to get this one done ASAP. Took a couple days for painting, touch-up, and drying. Will try and take pics in alt-jet mode this weekend. These Titaniums are really easy to take apart, only a few screws.

Maybe you're already aware and you want the paint to dry, but I'll point it out anyway because this seems to be a common Titanium Seeker problem(which incidentally happened much much earlier in this thread too). There's a transformation step you're missing with the arms that allows for a much more aesthetically pleasing arm placement. The arms pull outwards, then downwards and then back inwards, which lowers the arms.

Nice custom!

I was late with my MP Skywarp pre-order, so BBTS hasn't shipped it out yet. I'm still debating whether I'll apply any of the stickers. I really do think it looks great with and without them, so it's making it difficult. I'm just really happy MP Skywarp doesn't give me the "Why the hell did they color it like that?" vibe that MP Starscream did.

Maybe you're already aware and you want the paint to dry, but I'll point it out anyway because this seems to be a common Titanium Seeker problem(which incidentally happened much much earlier in this thread too). There's a transformation step you're missing with the arms that allows for a much more aesthetically pleasing arm placement. The arms pull outwards, then downwards and then back inwards, which lowers the arms.

Do you have a pic you can link to showing the proper arm transformation you're referring to? I never realized that it can be moved, and would like one that looks more pleasing.

Edited by baronv

Do you have a pic you can link to showing the proper arm transformation you're referring to? I never realized that it can be moved, and would like one that looks more pleasing.

I did these pictures really quick, so I apologize for the lousy quality, but it does show what I was talking about. I hope they came across in order. All you have to do is pull the arms outward, you'll see the arm bar they're on will pull out. The first time you do it, it probably will be pretty tight.

Edit: Cool, they came across in the right order. The first picture is how you have it transformed. I tried to highlight the arm bar in the second picture which you can kind of see. The third picture is the result with much better aesthetic shoulders.

post-4708-1190069542_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1190069551_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1190069558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha OTS

Where'd that Megatron Gun mode come from that Thundercracker is packing?

Not the Convoy MP is it?

SS Original should include that in his pack dammit. That and his crown and cape.

Yes, the megatron that skywarp is holding came with Masterpiece Convoy.

I did these pictures really quick, so I apologize for the lousy quality, but it does show what I was talking about. I hope they came across in order. All you have to do is pull the arms outward, you'll see the arm bar they're on will pull out. The first time you do it, it probably will be pretty tight.

Edit: Cool, they came across in the right order. The first picture is how you have it transformed. I tried to highlight the arm bar in the second picture which you can kind of see. The third picture is the result with much better aesthetic shoulders.

Nice, I'll go ahead and try that, thanks for the pics!

So how does Skywarp stack up to Starscream, speaking only on how well it holds up. Are the joints better? Did they use better materials? Lots of people complained about Starscream, but lots of people seem to like Skywarp. Is it mainly that people like the colours better, or did they actually make a better toy this time?

So how does Skywarp stack up to Starscream, speaking only on how well it holds up. Are the joints better? Did they use better materials? Lots of people complained about Starscream, but lots of people seem to like Skywarp. Is it mainly that people like the colours better, or did they actually make a better toy this time?

Won't own starscream until the hasbro one comes out, the color on the takra one was a major turn off. Followed by all the QC problems.

Yeah, I'm curious about how MP Skywarp compares to MP Starscream. I sold mine because after the first transformation the various pieces didn't fit back together in fighter mode as tight as out of the box. The seams were too noticeable for my tastes. That and I felt like I was going to break something by just transforming it.

Won't own starscream until the hasbro one comes out, the color on the takra one was a major turn off. Followed by all the QC problems.

That's just the thing, I actually prefer the colours on the Takara Starscream. I doubt they'll release it in those colours again, a reissue will probably be in G1 colours because so many people want that, but if there are not any improvements to the actual toy, I'd rather get the first run Takara colours.

I'll probably order Skywarp soon, but wanted to see if they'd made any improvements to the toy. Or if maybe most people were complaining about the colours on Starscream and he isn't actually as fragile as some posts seemed to suggest. I've not seen any similar complaints about Skywarp, so I'm guessing either the toy is actually improved, or most of the complaining on Starscream was mainly due to the colours.

Skywarp is my contender for Toy of the Year! In fact, I sold my Classics Skywarp since this is the only Skywarp I need. The finish is a very nice gloss which works well for the black color scheme. The plastic feels very nice. Comparable to the Transformers Classics toy. I've transformed it 3-4 times now and don't see any stress marks at all. I don't feel the need to be near as gentle with Skywarp as I have to be with Starscream so I can enjoy the transformation process a lot more.

The quality of Starscream is indeed lacking. The plastic feels fragile and mine developed stress marks and cracks during the first transformation. I'm afraid that the wings are going to break off at some point. One nice thing about Starscream is the panel lines. Skywarp could maybe benefit from some panel line inking on the non-black parts.

Here’s a review from someone that has both (scroll a little bit down or use word search):

http://primetoystore.com/Toys%20for%20sale/reviews.htm

And some feedback from some forums:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...9592&page=8

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...6079&st=225

Basically all say that the wing stress marks have been solved with Skywarp. Some also say that the plastic feels like it has better quality (some have said this may be because of the glossy finish). No more diecast has been included.

I have MP SS and I’m really happy with it. I’ve transformed him numerous times (I really like to go back and forth with this things) and have had no problems with the wings. This is because I read, before it arrived at my doorstep, about how it is better to start the transformation pulling out the piece with the airbrake to relieve pressure from the wings.

Curiously, on the tfw2005 forum they speak that you should NOT try that with the new Skaywarp. Something about the brake metal bar being dangerously too tight.

Edited by Twoducks

MP-01 Trailer KO (upscaled G1 Trailer replica)

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/972

I got mine last night. Overall, a solid piece, but not without flaws of course.

The build quality is very good in terms of parts fitment & sturdiness, which is a surprise for non-licensed stuff. No floppy joints, plastic are thick enough, and accessories fit tight and sturdy on pegs. The trailer shell may get tricky opening/closing at first. But once you got it, it gets easier after a few tries, especially after the tabs break in. It even got exact matching wheels with rubber of MP Prime. Very nice.

In terms of finish, the grey plastic that forms the shell of the trailer is excellent. Very smooth and shiny just like a Hasbro or Takara piece. Though on the blue and black plastic pieces, they don't have the same finish. Much rougher with blemishes here and there that reminds you this is a 'Knock-Off' still. Some of my blue parts has a couple stress marks too, but that is just mine. Though the blue plastic color does match MP Prime's blue very good. Almost spot on, minus the metallic flakes on MP Prime's blue. Gimmicks work very well. Missiles shoots well and the spring for ejecting the Roller is pretty powerful. Its loud . :D

The stickers has a glossy sheen on top, not bad. Though the blue stripes for the side often has small specs in the blue that is not meant to be printed there. So its not going to be all clean and perfect. But stickers seem to stick very well. For those that don't care for the retro look, not having any inner stickers actualy don't look as plain as you would expect in person, due to its scale. Looks nice still.

Being a 'Knock-Off' non-licensed product, its quality is pretty high. Though you can still see a big difference versus licensed product. It has its good (functionality, fitment and size) and its bad (plastic finish, flaws on print, less contemporary look, way over priced). So its overall a satisfied purchase and makes Prime a whole lot bigger and cooler, with the fuctionality of the G1 trailer that a lot people missed on the MP-04 trailer. But it definitely doesn't justify the price if you just look at the quality alone, especially if you are a budget oriented collector. Though for me, I am just glad to have a trailer for Prime at last.

I'll give it a 7/10. A solid alternative if you like the trailer G1 style better, or missed the boat on getting MP-04 cheap when it first released.

Edited by mpchi

thanks for the review, Mpchi! It sounds like a good-enough alternative to the MP-04 trailer.

For me, I love the IDEA of a trailer, any trailer, for MP Prime....but what has kept me from getting one is that I'm reluctant to give up that much shelf space. Hell, I put away most of my Bin/Alts because they take up so much space. I'm even considering NOT buying an SOC Ideon because he's so big. Help! :D

thanks for the review, Mpchi! It sounds like a good-enough alternative to the MP-04 trailer.

For me, I love the IDEA of a trailer, any trailer, for MP Prime....but what has kept me from getting one is that I'm reluctant to give up that much shelf space. Hell, I put away most of my Bin/Alts because they take up so much space. I'm even considering NOT buying an SOC Ideon because he's so big. Help! :D

I hear ya. I am at the verge of running out shelf space as well. Though for this trailer, you can stand it vertically as a repair bay in the background. Doesn't hurt too bad. But as a trailer, yeah. This thing is gigantic. LOL. This version supposedly a couple inches longer than the MP-04 version, for better proportion I heard.

MP-01 Trailer KO (upscaled G1 Trailer replica)

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/972

I got mine last night. Overall, a solid piece, but not without flaws of course.

The build quality is very good in terms of parts fitment & sturdiness, which is a surprise for non-licensed stuff. No floppy joints, plastic are thick enough, and accessories fit tight and sturdy on pegs. The trailer shell may get tricky opening/closing at first. But once you got it, it gets easier after a few tries, especially after the tabs break in. It even got exact matching wheels with rubber of MP Prime. Very nice.

In terms of finish, the grey plastic that forms the shell of the trailer is excellent. Very smooth and shiny just like a Hasbro or Takara piece. Though on the blue and black plastic pieces, they don't have the same finish. Much rougher with blemishes here and there that reminds you this is a 'Knock-Off' still. Some of my blue parts has a couple stress marks too, but that is just mine. Though the blue plastic color does match MP Prime's blue very good. Almost spot on, minus the metallic flakes on MP Prime's blue. Gimmicks work very well. Missiles shoots well and the spring for ejecting the Roller is pretty powerful. Its loud . :D

The stickers has a glossy sheen on top, not bad. Though the blue stripes for the side often has small specs in the blue that is not meant to be printed there. So its not going to be all clean and perfect. But stickers seem to stick very well. For those that don't care for the retro look, not having any inner stickers actualy don't look as plain as you would expect in person, due to its scale. Looks nice still.

Being a 'Knock-Off' non-licensed product, its quality is pretty high. Though you can still see a big difference versus licensed product. It has its good (functionality, fitment and size) and its bad (plastic finish, flaws on print, less contemporary look, way over priced). So its overall a satisfied purchase and makes Prime a whole lot bigger and cooler, with the fuctionality of the G1 trailer that a lot people missed on the MP-04 trailer. But it definitely doesn't justify the price if you just look at the quality alone, especially if you are a budget oriented collector. Though for me, I am just glad to have a trailer for Prime at last.

I'll give it a 7/10. A solid alternative if you like the trailer G1 style better, or missed the boat on getting MP-04 cheap when it first released.

Those are some interesting pics, but where can I actually order one?