Transformer Super Thread 6

Kohl's really is the place to find Transformers these days! I finally snagged a Camaro Concept Bumblebee (and he's hella better than the old Camaro Bumblebee). I could have bought Arcee, Swindle, and Wreckage too, but my wife would have killed me very dead very fast.

perhaps this has already been discussed but for those that didn't know the animated version of Starscream is up at LOS coming November and at HLJ pre-order in November. :huh: Well I imagine BBTS will have it soon if not already for pre-order.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT78874 http://www.laftoys.com/index.php?cPath=3_11

yep already early bird preordered the mp animated version starscream from hlj. at first i thought the post was referring to the new animated figures.

Kohl's really is the place to find Transformers these days! I finally snagged a Camaro Concept Bumblebee (and he's hella better than the old Camaro Bumblebee).

Lucky bastard!! ...... I am jealous!!

JK

:lol:

@sh002 - Dude, I just noticed your sig, you have quite a few toys MISB. Do you not open any toys??

Edited by Vermillion21

yeah i used to have a lot of loose transformers. then i sold them to upgrade and get them misb. i had one all out transformers battle before they were all gone.

yeah i used to have a lot of loose transformers. then i sold them to upgrade and get them misb. i had one all out transformers battle before they were all gone.

Dude, you need to post a pic of all your MISB collection!!!

they're all in storage and its a combination of original g1 and reissue g1. i'm glad i played with similar ones a long time ago.

i have pics of all the gestalts fighting each other on old school photographs before digital cameras. :lol: alright here are some pics of some of them before they were put away a long time ago. i threw in mp optimus just for fun.

post-2880-1188029097_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029124_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029142_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029155_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029167_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029178_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029189_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029200_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029213_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029223_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029234_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029245_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029258_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029272_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029288_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029303_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029315_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029328_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029342_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029356_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029369_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029384_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029398_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029420_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029438_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029470_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1188029482_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

Annoyingly, my local Kohls is RIGHT next to Wal-Mart, but I never thought to check until just yesterday. I probably would have gotten a Concept BB had I checked Kohl's every time I was over there checking Wal-Mart... :(

Annoyingly, my local Kohls is RIGHT next to Wal-Mart, but I never thought to check until just yesterday. I probably would have gotten a Concept BB had I checked Kohl's every time I was over there checking Wal-Mart... :(

I hear ya ... there's a Kohls next to my local Target, and I went to Target at least every week ... I probably would have a Concept 08 BB too if I had looked earlier.

:(

@sh002 - Holy smokes dude, NICE collection!!! Thanks for posting pics. All MISB eh? Wow. I'm guessing some of them cost a lot to acquire from eBay??? I'm impressed that you can resist the temptation. I love to actually PLAY with my toys.

:p

That's an amazing collection, but I don't know, man... yeah, MISB is worth more, but only if you plan on selling them. For me, not only do I not plan on selling them, setting them up in cool poses on my desk(s) is half the fun. A Transformer in a box is just begging to be played with.

Yeah, I think I got lucky with my trip, because the only Kohl's for 20 miles where I live is in the middle of nowhere. It's like if you're going to go, you actually have to make a conscious decision to go to Kohl's, not just swing buy while you're out someplace else. Even then, it was packed with parents doing last minute school shopping, but I still don't think it mattered. The toy section is like one rack hidden away in the infants section. I was in the store for almost a half hour before I even found it.

Hmm, there are two Kohl's in my area. Looks like I'm road trippin' today. Got lucky at a Kohl's and found Brawl (smaller version) there and a couple others that the main places didn't have.

The Walmart here just restocked the TF section with 1xIronhide, 2xRatchet, 2-3xStarscream, and more Megatrons than I could count. They also have these newly packaged real gear toys (two per pack). Not much else though...

weird because every time i go out somewhere i stop by target or tru if they are nearby. i'll have to check kohl's more often especially for future figures like universe/classics. honestly i never went into kohl's ever because i thought it was only a clothing store. all the misb figures are in stasis.

TRU had a huge wall of frozen megs almost nothing else (except voyager classics re-stock.)

I did find High Score 100 and Meantime. High Score is the best real gear so far. Package photo isn't doing any justice.

Quick Arcee review:

Among the best motorcycle TF's, and among the best female TF's. Would be awesome if not for the shoulder pad design (the bike's rear wheels)---they fold to the FRONT. If they folded back and/or up they could make a neat cape or pauldron design, or even nice wings. As it is, they fold to the front and down (there's 2 hinges), and cover her arms and chest. I currently leave them almost straight out and up, they look fairly wing-like then. If the hinge direction was simply reversed she'd have a much better robot mode.

Only problem with Arcee is that I just can't find her.

LOL...tooth fairy. :lol:

Anyway, while I went in vain of recovering a 08 Bumblebee, I did find out that Kohl's in Bay Area CA did get their shipment of deluxe just recently. Unfortunately, right after my last visit, and therefore all the Bumblebees are gone by now. But they do have a bunch of Arcee, as well as Bonecrushers, Wreckage, Scorpionok, and a couple oterh deluxes that never showed up in the movie. Not the latest stuff though. They don't seem to carry Voyagers or Leader class however. TRUs had some new shipment of Voyager Prime and Megatrons, but most of the Primes are flying out fast. Not much else. I did find a Ironhide at one TRU couple days ago. Lucky! B))

Surprisingly, I also got lucky and found a Leader Megatron at one Target today, sitting on a pile of discounted paper towel LOL. So weird, but I snatched it without a doubt. For a moment, I thought it was a defect (which I did ran into on my Leader Brawl hunt, thinking I was lucky enough to find the last Brawl, but turned out with faulty electronics). But checked the sound, checked the paint job, then the box. Perfectly fine. And as I carry Megatron to the actual toy section, nothing there...except a lone Leader Prime. So weird that there is a pair of the leaders, and nothing else. For a moment, I want to pick up Prime as well even though I already got him, just to sell it to my collector friends, or put on ebay. But then, I better not be a scalper myself, and left Prime on the shelf, hoping it will fall into good hands. Funny though, just a minute later, a young lady said to her friend that she feel like getting a transformer toy, and picked up the Prime. Then she murmured "...but I want Bumblebee..." and put Prime back down. I was thinking, "Lady, you have no idea what a great gem you just put down that many of us had been driving store over store to hunt down..." Then after that, on my way out, a guy and his son saw me holding a Megatron walking by, and said to his kid: "Wow! They got Transformers here, lets go see!" Really wish these toys are not as hard to find as they are now. There would have been a whole lot more happy faces, be they collectors like us, or just random kids & parents that just want to have a nice TF Movie toy to play with. Sigh...

And for the last part, Leader Megatron didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I was planning to see if there will be a better repaint. But now that its so rare, I better not hesitate. Its definitely inferior to Prime and Brawl no doubt. But its not to the point its horrible like a lot of people said. A couple major issue of it in robot mode is the lack of head articulation (can't even turn), sucky feet construction (no ankle joint and soft front toe joints that can't support weight due to the automorph), and the heavy backpack. All these add up and hurts its balance greatly, and can only stand properly with the hips at a certain angle or pose, when Prime and Brawl stand like a brick with no toppling in almost all poses. Overall though, the figure still feel very solid with good construction. The jet mode I thought look weird at first, actually not bad in person. Its a UFO basically, but given the context of the movie story, can't complain its not an aircraft we know. The legs are confusing to transform, but once you got it, the whole thing is pretty solid. Very big too! And look menacing. With the spring swap, you can totally fix the functionality on both arms' gimmick. And there is even a hidden slider that you can center the fusion cannon nicely, that wasn't even mentioned in the instructions. So while it barely makes its worth for the $40 (while Prime & Brawl I wouldn't complain if I pay $60), it does has some cool bits. Now I just need to figure out how to fix its horrible paint job, while keeping it playable and not so worry about scratches. Whoever decided that Megatron needs some pink and blue needs a couple slaps on the face.

Only problem with Arcee is that I just can't find her.

Try Kohl's man, if you have not already done so. Thats your best bet. I saw it like in 2 out of 3 Kohl's today in my area, with each has a few.

Edited by mpchi

Quick Arcee review:

Among the best motorcycle TF's, and among the best female TF's. Would be awesome if not for the shoulder pad design (the bike's rear wheels)---they fold to the FRONT. If they folded back and/or up they could make a neat cape or pauldron design, or even nice wings. As it is, they fold to the front and down (there's 2 hinges), and cover her arms and chest. I currently leave them almost straight out and up, they look fairly wing-like then. If the hinge direction was simply reversed she'd have a much better robot mode.

I have this odd impression that the wheels fold down the way they do because the designers wanted them to look like a pair of those fans that exotic dancer use. :blink:

Edited by GobotFool

I have this odd impression that the wheels fold down the way they do because the designers wanted them to look like a pair of those fans that exotic dancer use. :blink:

Heh, well you can fold them so they look like a giant pair of breasts too. :)

I finally found her today after a long search, and she was the last of three deluxes on the pegs at an out of the way Kohl's that's in the process of becoming a Walmart. The other two deluxes were Payloads, sadly no new Bees.

She's gorgeous. They took the basics of the Energon Arcee mold, which was a decent mold on its own, and converted it into the movie aesthetic. The result simply works.

When the hell is Hasbro going to start re-supplying Wal-Mart & Target with TF Movie Deluxes again ??????

<_<

I say we raid their head quarters and make demands. This toy shortage has gone on for two long... Come my friends, let the toy revolution begin! No longer can we endure our toyshelves bare!

When the hell is Hasbro going to start re-supplying Wal-Mart & Target with TF Movie Deluxes again ??????

<_<

They are starting to now. Walmart and the other stores underestimated the demand and as a result, we now have "power rangers circa 93 deja vu" occurring. Walmart ordered heavily for the fall season, and some of it is hitting stores now, I saw the Bumblebee deluxe wave, but as most of you, found the drones but no Bumblebee, Final Battle Jazz, or Arcee. Over at hisstank, one of the fellow mods says a lot of transformers are hitting his local target. TRU is supposed to be recieving large shipments now. The only time I saw Arcee was one I found that was already opened and mistransformed, perhaps even broken in package. Either someone with no patience or had no second thought of even looking at the instructions bought it, or some stupid kid decided to transform the toy in the store without buying it and gave up halfway. Seriously I hear parents in stores at times telling their kids "oh that toy comes in parts bla bla". These movie toys are not that hard to transform. There is also a reason why they put age recommendations on the box. These parents should transform alternators before complaining. Also, do they not realize the notation Hasbro puts on all instructions saying that some parts are made to detach to if excessive force is used? It annoys me that people who don't even appreciate the toys will keep them out of the hands of fans that really will.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Seems funny that there are so many "Pirates of the Carribbean" and "Spiderman 3" toys produced, which warm the pegs for eternity, but Transformers, for which one would expect Hasbro to anticipate enormous demands, are continuously hard to find at all retailers. I live in Spokane and have had my wife, cool chick that she is, searching for me, since I've been out of country since June. I've given her a list, and she occasionally sojourns to some of the various dept stores around the area, including Toys-R-Us, to no avail. She hasn't even found Wreckage for me, besides BB '08, Arcee deluxe, Payload, Longarm, etc. They should recall the POTC and Spiderman toys, melt em down, and commence to restocking what really sells. And to make matters worse, I figured I'd get the ones I want online, but almost every site selling at or slightly above MSRP says "not available online", and I don't feel like paying the overinflated prices for them on others. I.e., I will not pay $20 for a toy that is contemporarily retailing in stores for $10. It's bu**sh*t; and the miserable f*cks who fleece other collectors, after buying up an entire store's stock, can take those toys and cram them so far up their collective asses that they puke ABS plastic. All i want is a few toys...just toys!, but these bastards suck the joy out of such an enjoyable hobby, as well as screwing the many kids for whom they were really intended. I despise greediness, esp. when it sullies those hobbies which elicit my enthusiasm and joy so completely. There are, undoubtably, a few among you who sympathize, and to those who see fit to rob others of the opportunity to own these toys at their stated MSRP, I offer no apology and wish nothing less than the most virulent strain of syphilis upon your persons. My humble opinion.

-M'Kyuun

If you really hate those eBay whores who buy up a ton of products just to make a quick buck, then you'll really enjoy the video of the woman who tried to buy $16,000 worth of iPhones and sell them on eBay. Poetic justice at it's finest!

EDIT: Here it is iPhone + eBay Whore

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79