San Diego Comic Con 2007

I am planning to possibly going Sunday, would have liked to go on Saturday...but the tickets for the 1-day were sold out! I am just looking to go to the artist alley and get some sketches done by the pros. If anyone goes today or tomorrow please post the artists in the alley available for sketches.

Wanted to go to SDCC, but AX wiped me out for the most part. However, next year, if AX doesn't rethink the move to Downtown LA, I might just go to SDCC. I really wish I'd been there, though, as Leonard Nimoy was there (would have been cool to have gotten his autograph) and they made the big Trek Movie announcements.

Edited by Pat Payne

No SDCC for me this year neither <_< . Second best thing is I'm visiting family in Toronto this week; went to Niagra Falls earlier today, Canada's Wonderland tomorrow and Downtown Toronto for Anime swag on Sunday. For those MWer's attending SDCC I h8 you :p !

I'm hoping to see some Toynami/Aoshima Legiosses in fighter mode, so let's the pic flow begin!

Here ya go: Link.

On the Beta side of things, it's pretty much the same stuff we saw from the AX photos.

No SDCC for me this year. Too much work and very little money for conventions right now, but I'm planning on getting a stand for next year's and bring my new book. Stay tuned :)

I'm hoping to see some Toynami/Aoshima Legiosses in fighter mode, so let's the pic flow begin!

Yeah, looking forward to some CM's too! waiting for the Toynami treads :(

The girl there at the Comic Con playing the M16 leg girl from Grindhouse (still haven't seen it! :p )... was she an amputee or did they have her leg hidden away somehow? Again I'm talking about the girl from the convention, NOT the movie.

The girl there at the Comic Con playing the M16 leg girl from Grindhouse (still haven't seen it! :p )... was she an amputee or did they have her leg hidden away somehow? Again I'm talking about the girl from the convention, NOT the movie.

Not having attended I just figured that was a statue or something...

The Grindhouse girl was an actual amputee. The story is she had cancer of the leg as a teenager and lost it. I give her props by being on the rifle the entire day, everytme I passed the booth she was still there taking photos.

The Grindhouse girl was an actual amputee. The story is she had cancer of the leg as a teenager and lost it. I give her props by being on the rifle the entire day, everytme I passed the booth she was still there taking photos.

I was looking at those pictures to figure out if she had her leg bent and hidden through a hole in the wall. Looks like she has kept herself in great shape and has conquered her handicap.

(My own dad lost his left leg above the knee in a freak motorcycle accident on his 19th birthday).

heh heh, the M16 girl...is Cherry Darling in the movie. the model portraying her is pretty cute also. that booth of grindhouse was always packed with noobs peeping her, taking photos...really busy intersection.

the first shot i took was about 40 feet away with a zoom via my digital camera...i couldn't get close because of so many people:

the second shot was saturday...so many people around that area that i started to perspire during this 19 second clip just standing there:

the third shots is of the scott bernard cyclone:

<--"youtube still says it's processing at 11:03 pm 07-29-07 PST...

You didn't really miss that much at the Con, if you wanted to preview things beforehand then it was o.k., but if you wanted to buy items then the pickings were slim in my opinion. Didn't see anything that I couldn't get at my local store or online. Few booths did have the VF-0s and other 1/48 items. And the Con was super-packed even on Sunday. Took me 5.5 hours just to visit the booths quickly.

I have a review on this year's SD Con on my site, www.MonsterOfTheWeek.com. I only took a handful of pics at SDCC compared with the tons I took at Anime Expo, it seems the majority of SDCC as always is to buy things instead of dress up and show off. Due to the large scale and heavy traffic to get around the convention center, this is most likely my last SDCC I will be attending.

here's my pics from the con from Square Enix booth

I'm really excited about the new Final Fantasy 7 line!!! the figures look a lot better for some reason plus they have a lot of cool characters like Red XIII... but for some reason, still no Barret... i wonder why....

7-30-07002.jpg

7-30-07003.jpg

7-30-07004.jpg

7-30-07005.jpg

7-30-07007.jpg

7-30-07008.jpg

7-30-07009.jpg

7-30-07010.jpg

I saw her first at the Starbucks at the convention and she had a prostetic leg and then I saw her later with the Gun leg. Brilliant. She was very nice and friendly.