Finished recast SHE VF-4

Jarrod

This is the kit that Valk009 offered sometime last year. I've actually had this finished for months and just keep putting off taking pics.

The kit went together really well, and I only had to make a few very minor mods here and there to get things to fit (and hold) together properly. I didnt bother with adding any locking pegs like I'd orignally planned, as it does hold together rather well. There was one joint that really gave me problems tho, the sliding plate to allow the knee to extend out for Gerwalk mode. It just would not stay tight, and made the legs unstable. So I permantly attached it for Battroid and Fighter mode, which is ok since I'm really not all that fond of Gerwalk mode anyway.

For paintscheme, I went with SHE's suggested light grey with blue stripes. The light grey came out a bit too blue-grey but I was happy with it after the stripes were added. The metallic grey is Gunze Sangyo's Steel, which is a beautiful dark metallic color in person.

And finally, I apologize for the poor pics, I'm a modeler first, and a photographer a far distant....um fifth maybe. And I spend too much cash on mecha do get a decent camera:)

Anyway, on with the pics:

Figther mode:

IM001608.jpg

IM001600.jpg

IM001602.jpg

IM001601.jpg

IM001605.jpg

IM001607.jpg

Nice

I like the colours and its great to see one not on a bit of paper in a book.

I so wish that it was 1/72... Please someone do one in 1/72.

Edited by big F

Where do I get one? I have wanted a transforming VF-4 for longer than I can remember. I just can never find one. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks

P.S. I love yours by the way, great job.

Thanks for all the great compliments everyone!

Wow! That is a great looking model. Excellent job with the Gundam display stand.

Did you have to modify the clamp?

Yeah, I just clipped off some of the prongs untill it sat securely.

I so wish that it was 1/72... Please someone do on in 1/72.

Actually, this kit is nearly exactly 1/72 scale, within a cm I believe.

Great job Jarrod, good to see another finished SHE VF-4 kit.

Although SHE never stated the scale of this kit, it is more or less as Jarrod already mentioned in 1/72 scale. The only other fully variable VF-4 resin kit made and in 1/72 scale was done by IHP (now known as Liquid Stone).

• 2 weeks later...
The polycaps you need are from WAVE and they are long discontinued. If you bought the recast set of me I have included recast polycaps!

Valk009

Will you or do you have any more of the transformable VF-4 recast alavilable?

Sorry do not have a recast but a few origional SHE kits minus the caps. I have seen some "cap sets" for sale on HLJ and have wondered what is close.

The polycaps you need are from WAVE and they are long discontinued. If you bought the recast set of me I have included recast polycaps!

Well I think the only question left is........ How much you want for her? :rolleyes:

I had to ask? B))

Heh, as long as it took me to finally get ahold of a VF-4, it is defintely not for sale.

Sorry do not have a recast but a few origional SHE kits minus the caps. I have seen some "cap sets" for sale on HLJ and have wondered what is close.

QUOTE(Valk009 @ Jul 27 2007, 06:25 PM)

I'd think some of the Kotobukyia polycaps would work well enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Jarrod.

I got one coming. Any thing you can share about the build? Anything you wish you built differently?

Thanks

Make sure you drill those holes as straight as possible, and make sure you use the correct drill bit. Oh, and don't overtighten those screws, its just resin afterall. You may also have to sand a few of parts that come in close contact and rub against one another, before you paint to avoid some wear. Other than that it is a fairly straight forward, if tedious, build.

Jarrod