Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

I'm actually getting a Wing and FMP vibe myself. Setsuna really reminds me of a mix of Hiro and Sousuke, and boy the guy piloting Gundam Dynames (sp?) sounds like the VA from FMP too. Hmmmm.

Well I say in the coming month we'll know the first direction Double Oh will push us too.

Well the animantion is certainly very pretty (the op is just gorgeous) but watching it I kinda felt like the guys at the display, "who the hell are these guys and what are they trying to prove!".

A lot of mysterious characters spouting lines that obviously indicate their involvement without actually giving anything anyway and a typical "I can't lose to you!" moment which will no doubt result in a bitter rivalary that Setsuna just shrugs off. :lol:

And what was the Gundam at the start, kinda looked like our old friend the RX-78.

My theory (assuming it's not just Dynames and I didn't recognize it as such) is that it's the missing model no.

If anyone remembers then, Exia is -1, dynames is -2 but Kryios is -4 and Virtue -5 or something. Actually I can't remember now but I do recall there being a gap in the model numbers. I think the misisng number might have been -4 even.

Well the animantion is certainly very pretty (the op is just gorgeous) but watching it I kinda felt like the guys at the display, "who the hell are these guys and what are they trying to prove!".

A lot of mysterious characters spouting lines that obviously indicate their involvement without actually giving anything anyway and a typical "I can't lose to you!" moment which will no doubt result in a bitter rivalary that Setsuna just shrugs off. :lol:

And what was the Gundam at the start, kinda looked like our old friend the RX-78.

My theory (assuming it's not just Dynames and I didn't recognize it as such) is that it's the missing model no.

If anyone remembers then, Exia is -1, dynames is -2 but Kryios is -4 and Virtue -5 or something. Actually I can't remember now but I do recall there being a gap in the model numbers. I think the misisng number might have been -4 even.

Or it's 00, because don't the unit numbers for the CB gundams have 0 before them? Like 01 02... etc?

Or it's 00, because don't the unit numbers for the CB gundams have 0 before them? Like 01 02... etc?

GN-001 Gundam Exia

GN-002 Gundam Dynames

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios

GN-005 Gundam Virtue

So, yeah, four's the missing number, and there would be five total Gundams. Gee, what other series did I watch with 5 Gundams fighting to end war (well, by the end, anyway)? <_<

I'm guessing that the Double O in the title doesn't refer to a specific Gundam, but rather the fact that all the Gundams are double O #.

And honestly, I'm not sure why everyone's saying that the mysterious Gundam at the beginning looks like the RX-78. It does resemble the RX-78 more than any other Gundam in the show, but no more so than the Strike Gundam from SEED.

Is what I said, only I couldn't remember the specifics...

I thought it looked like the RX-78 because it had squared shoulders, beam sabers in the position of first Gundam and a familiar looking head crest/torso. I've only watched it once though and haven't gone back to get a good look at it yet.

May be the mysterious RX-78-2 is GN-004 ?!

Nope. It's been confirmed in magazine that the pseudo-RX-78-2 was in fact "O Gundam."

GN-001 Gundam Exia

GN-002 Gundam Dynames

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios

GN-005 Gundam Virtue

So, yeah, four's the missing number, and there would be five total Gundams. Gee, what other series did I watch with 5 Gundams fighting to end war (well, by the end, anyway)? <_<

I'm guessing that the Double O in the title doesn't refer to a specific Gundam, but rather the fact that all the Gundams are double O #.

My guess would be that GN-004 will come out piloted by a certain...shall we say...

...masked man...? <_<

Edited by John Focker

GN-001 Gundam Exia

GN-002 Gundam Dynames

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios

GN-005 Gundam Virtue

I'm not going to look into that much since SEED did the same thing with GAT-X102 Duel, GAT-X103 Buster, GAT-X105 Strike.

I'm actually getting a Wing and FMP vibe myself. Setsuna really reminds me of a mix of Hiro and Sousuke, and boy the guy piloting Gundam Dynames (sp?) sounds like the VA from FMP too.

*cough* http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ople.php?id=659 */cough* That cuz he is from FMP.

Well so far the first episode was pretty good I felt. I agree I am getting a Wing vibe but there is nothing wrong with that. Sure I'm a bit bias since it's still one of my top favorite three gundam series (Turn A Gundam being #1 and Zeta being #2). Still like Wing or not it's formula worked very well and allowed Gundam to really take off outside of Japan and stayed popular for a long time. There was just something about it that allowed it to click with a LOT of people. Though one can argue that it was the first gundam series shown in the mainstream and had great advertising but I don't think if they went with another series they would have gotten the same result.

Since then gundam has been on a downward slide since series since haven't reached Wing's level (outside of Japan) even with more of it (gundam) being released. While what they tried with SEED and SEED Desitny might have worked in Japan I don't think it worked outside of it. So if they have to go back to the formula that was used with Wing then so be it. Doesn't mean it's going to be like Wing just try to us it's formula. Story, characters, etc and presentation will of course be different.

I think this series is off to a good start so far.

1. No Gundamjack.

2. Action right away

3. All Gundams and pilots on the same team and shown in action

4. Kicking off of the plot at the end of the episode by the Gundam group announcing itself to the world.

5. Leaving a feeling of "What is going to happen now" at the end.

This is the type of episode I think that hooks people and should be done to give a person a real feel for what the show might be like. The pacing was fast and didn't drag which is important I feel.

I'm not going to look into that much since SEED did the same thing with GAT-X102 Duel, GAT-X103 Buster, GAT-X105 Strike.

I wasn't going to look into SEED that much, but since you did it for me...

Perhaps the staff is superstitious. The Japanese word for "four" is phonetically identical to "death."

My guess would be that GN-004 will come out piloted by a certain...shall we say...

...masked man...? dry.gif

A masked man piloting a Mobile Suit, even if it's not a Gundam, would be par for the course.

After seeing the first epd, I got my HCMpro Gundam Exia

QC is real BAD (mostly the face), so I give up to search for a good one and just do some touch up paint job myself

but other than the face paintswork, there is nothing to complaint, joints are tight, and very poseable.

Packing:

DSCF1944_s.jpg

DSCF1943_s.jpg

DSCF1942_s.jpg

DSCF1941_s.jpg

DSCF1940_s.jpg

DSCF1939_s.jpg

DSCF1911_s.jpg

DSCF1910_s.jpg

DSCF1938_s.jpg

DSCF1937_s.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Excellent pics Swoosh, how much did you pay? Do you think the figure's joints will loosen quickly over time?

HKD120, sure the joints will be loosen over time, but this apply to any model/toys.... ^_^

At least they are very tight at the moment and it is not expensive, just prepare to do some touch up since the face are horrible out of the box, I can't even see the eyes if I have not painted them myself....

Excellent pics, swoosh! (Originally saw them over at toyskingdom.)

May I use some of those in my reference lists? (see siggy - I also PM'd you)

Great job on the eyes....the rest of the fig doesn't look too too bad, but is it one of those deals - "the closer you look" - is when you start to see more QC issues?

Excellent pics, swoosh! (Originally saw them over at toyskingdom.)

May I use some of those in my reference lists? (see siggy - I also PM'd you)

Great job on the eyes....the rest of the fig doesn't look too too bad, but is it one of those deals - "the closer you look" - is when you start to see more QC issues?

Never posted anything in toyskingdom or may be you mean toysdaily? My name is GRAW there.

Regarding QC, I don't think there are any issue except the head, mostly the eyes. Overall is pretty good.

Watched this first ep yesterday and really liked it: overall, this show looks promising with all the familiar tones but with some originalities nonetheless aswell

Really eager to see more :)

Ok so who's the best subber?

I didn't mind wing except that the suits were "themed" as if they were trying a bit too hard to be flashy and stick out from each other and belong in a boyband or something.

Macross-style military mecha with generic mass produced body with off the shelf parts is more my thing. Unique robots are good for super robot shows where the technology might be mysterious or from an advanced civilisation. Not so good for robot war stories though.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok so who's the best subber?

I didn't mind wing except that the suits were "themed" as if they were trying a bit too hard to be flashy and stick out from each other and belong in a boyband or something.

Macross-style military mecha with generic mass produced body with off the shelf parts is more my thing. Unique robots are good for super robot shows where the technology might be mysterious or from an advanced civilisation. Not so good for robot war stories though.

Honestly there are way too many macross references, the most notable one would be the character looking almost and exactly like Minmei's chinese dress. -_-

The suits are a gimmick too.

Aside from that the series is off to a real strong start. :)

Who wore a mask in Zeta, or in 0080, or in Char's Counter Attack?

Char had his ridiculously big sunglasses in Zeta, but otherwise, no one, no one, and no one. And I don't recall anyone with a mask in ZZ, either, but in any case, they're unnecessary as the original masked man, Char, is still around, mask or no. And to me, everything from First Gundam to Char's Counter Attack is one story, everything after in the UC timeline and all of the AU Gundams try to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Some have been quite good (Turn A), others garbage (SEED Destiny). And aside from Gundam X (although Jamil's shaggy hair and big sunglasses do sorta scream Quattro Bagina), every one of them has had some guy with a mask. (X might, too... it's been a long time since I've seen it).

F91 - Carozzo Ronah

Victory - Chronicle Asher

G Gundam - Schwartz Bruder

Wing - Zechs Merquise

Turn A - Harry Ord

SEED - Rau Le Creuset

Seed Destiny - Neo Roanoke

:huh: I did say "Not very many" shows, I didn't say "these are the only shows" without a masked character.

Zeta Char had his glasses that covered most of his face, that counts to me, ZZ, CCA, who cares they didn't need it cause Char had filled that role enough.

And X didn't need it cause it was suppose to spin off from the typical Gundam storylines.

Who knows, maybe there wont be a masked character in this series either?

Hey, kinda OT, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread over it, but Bandai USA licensed the Z Gundam movies over a year ago for a US release, right? Does anyone know when those are actually due to hit, or did I miss them somehow?

Hey, kinda OT, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread over it, but Bandai USA licensed the Z Gundam movies over a year ago for a US release, right? Does anyone know when those are actually due to hit, or did I miss them somehow?

You can use the Gundam show thread. I haven't heard them announce a street date unfortunately.

I don't think there will be a masked man in this series. But we do have a blonde guy...That counts. :)