Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

Am I correct that it looks like, from the opening bit, that Japan and Australia (along with the whole Western Hemisphere minus Greenland) are part of the Union? Japan's kinda cut off in the picture, but it looks gray, as does Australia. And poor Africa seems to have been left out of all three groups.

Episode 3.

Interesting though that it seems the 4 gundams have the only GN engines available to CB. Usually its the MS that needs to refuel recharge at base, but in this case, the base has to recharge from the Gundams. :lol:

And Wong Ryu Meng appears yet again in a nice china dress. Mmmm. ;)

And Wong Ryu Meng appears yet again in a nice china dress. Mmmm. ;)

She must be the most time-consuming to draw....3-sets of clothes in 3 episodes... If the animators have to draw a new set of clothes for her in every episode...

She must be the most time-consuming to draw....3-sets of clothes in 3 episodes... If the animators have to draw a new set of clothes for her in every episode...

Wouldn't drawing her in same clothes and new clothes take the same amount of time? :blink:

Besides she gets like 1 minute screen time per episode. :(

What I like from episode 3 is that they're showing that Gundams is not a God, a grunt suit with superior pilot could give Setsuna some trouble.

Long live grunt unit.

Except the Flag is supposed to be the Union's advanced prototype, and Graham is an ace, which doesn't make it a grunt unit. But I share your sentiments on the "Gundam is not God" thing. They may have advanced weaponry and technology but they have to be careful. Their vulnerability regarding the GN particle engines that is required to charged the Ptolaimos (sp) is their major weakness, since that means only 3 Gundams can operate indefinately on earth, unless one can make trips back into orbit.

Nyoro~n's translation is pretty much garbage - see here:

http://www.darkmirage.com/2007/10/22/gunda...slation-errors/

You're much better off getting Conclave & Mendoi's or even Anon's - both are MUCH better than Nyoro~n's subs, which have completely opposite meanings half the time.

Yes i think most ppl know Nyoron's subs are for the birds....you came in here just to let us know? XD

And pictures of the upgraded Exia are appearing.

1193110804476.jpg

Edited by wolfx

You're much better off getting Conclave & Mendoi's or even Anon's - both are MUCH better than Nyoro~n's subs, which have completely opposite meanings half the time.

Jesus's monkey!! I didn't know Nyoro~n sucked so bad. Talk about examples of blatant "goofs"!

I even bought the whole "Gundams need to go to charge up in the ship"... :angry:

Thanks for the info and the link ^_^

Except the Flag is supposed to be the Union's advanced prototype, and Graham is an ace, which doesn't make it a grunt unit.

Actually the Flag is a grunt unit. And it's not an advanced Prototype. Just the current Union MS.

And pictures of the upgraded Exia are appearing.

Yeh...MSVs...starting on those already. On the manga side, i.e. Gundam 00P, we got those coming as well.

GNY-001 Gundam Astraea (yes, proto to Exia)

1193117212276cq1qm8.th.jpg1193142361538bo1jl0.th.jpg

And more MSV Exia:

avalancheexia2vc8mb8.th.jpg

Here's the specs and details from Gunota: http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archiv...800020046956360

Conclave & Mendoi is completely out of it, for me. I can't stand the mkv format. I don't give a crap what the container format's supposed advantages are, they're a pain to work with. When I've got 4GB worth of episodes, I want to burn a disc I can watch in my DVD player (a Panasonic with a Divx decoder). Guess I'll have to wait for episode 3 until Anonymous gets done with it.

Actually the Flag is a grunt unit. And it's not an advanced Prototype. Just the current Union MS.

Flag

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/svms-01.htm

Assumedly grunt unit with no info yet.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/vms-15.htm

I made an assumption based on a few stuff that it was a protoype. 1stly the model number is -01....which usually means its an advanced prototype. :lol: The pilot also is Graham Acre meaning its one of a kind currently. In episode 3 between Graham and that scientist guy, he mentioned that he lost his rifle and has to do a report for it, (probably the linear rifle is a new thing for the Union since the green grunt units were using machine guns) then the scientist says that it was still advantageous if they lost the whole Flag for data on the Gundams, so the Flag has to be special in some way.

Notice too that the mobile armour mode for the Flag and the grunt units that engaged Exia have a slightly different look. But I'm not sure if the guy in the light green mobile suit in episode 1, if that's a Flag another one because Graham and scientist guy did say that it was exactly like "theirs" (i'm assuming the Flag) but with some minor cosmetic changes to its body and face. So i suppose that the light green one will be the mass production model which was based on the Flag.

Notice too that the mobile armour mode for the Flag and the grunt units that engaged Exia have a slightly different look. But I'm not sure if the guy in the light green mobile suit in episode 1, if that's a Flag another one because Graham and scientist guy did say that it was exactly like "theirs" (i'm assuming the Flag) but with some minor cosmetic changes to its body and face. So i suppose that the light green one will be the mass production model which was based on the Flag.

Exia was fighting the AEU in episode 1. He was trashing a brand spanking new Enact and a bunch of Hellions. The Flag is a Union mech. The Union (Americas) is different from the AEU (Europe). It was even commented that the Enact is a rip-off of the Flag.

I made an assumption based on a few stuff that it was a protoype. 1stly the model number is -01....which usually means its an advanced prototype. :lol: The pilot also is Graham Acre meaning its one of a kind currently. In episode 3 between Graham and that scientist guy, he mentioned that he lost his rifle and has to do a report for it, (probably the linear rifle is a new thing for the Union since the green grunt units were using machine guns) then the scientist says that it was still advantageous if they lost the whole Flag for data on the Gundams, so the Flag has to be special in some way.

Nope. Graham engaged Exia out of the blue and for the hell of it. He lost his weapons and almost got his mech trashed so that's why he has some explaining to do. The fact that what's-his-scientist-face said that he should have just thrown away his whole MS at Exia alludes to the fact that the lost of one Flag is nothing compared to the data they could get from taking on a Gundam.

Exia was fighting the AEU in episode 1. He was trashing a brand spanking new Enact and a bunch of Hellions. The Flag is a Union mech. The Union (Americas) is different from the AEU (Europe).

Ahh, so those were AEU mechs .....then you're probably right. Sorry bout that.

Must also comment those "propellar blade" shields as sorta weird.

Edited by wolfx

The show is definately seeming pretty Wing like, though maybe it's just all the bishounen so far. I do like that some of the grunt suits look & move like something out of Votoms so far though. But I can easily see the blonde guy with the flag turning into another Zechs Merquise, making him a clone of a Char clone....too confusing :)

I do like the show so far, it just doesn't feel as "different" as I was hoping.

But I can easily see the blonde guy with the flag turning into another Zechs Merquise, making him a clone of a Char clone....too confusing :)

The blonde hair is a tip-off ya know.... :lol:

There may be a space battleship, but that might not come about till later. Right now, it's too early.

There may be a space battleship, but that might not come about till later. Right now, it's too early.

The Ptolemaois itself is naked and without an independent power source, well we can always hope ^_^ .

Yes, and if that were to happen, it should be because of a disfiguring injury, for ONCE. No hiding behind a mask because you wanna be a badass that nobody recognizes.

Thinks back through all Gundam....nope, can't think of one disfiguring injury (except, maybe the chump from F91, but I don't think they had much of a chance to explain him aside from some medical alterations). It will have to be because he joins some secret anti-gundam faction, & doesn't want to be recognized :)

Actually, Mu La Flaga did have a bigass scar on his face, but the mask was still because they didn't want him to be recognized as his old identity.

Anything's possible this early in the series, though to be honest, I was hoping being done by the FMA director, it'd take a bit of a darker turn.

I did just remember one major character having a disfigurement (but no mask) mid-series in Gundam, Yzak!

Anything's possible this early in the series, though to be honest, I was hoping being done by the FMA director, it'd take a bit of a darker turn.

I did just remember one major character having a disfigurement (but no mask) mid-series in Gundam, Yzak!

Which just adds to the "masks serve no real purpose in gundam" theory because Yzak is the only character I can think of who had a scar and he deliberately kept it on show. If anyone had a reason to wear a mask, it was him.

Which just adds to the "masks serve no real purpose in gundam" theory because Yzak is the only character I can think of who had a scar and he deliberately kept it on show. If anyone had a reason to wear a mask, it was him.

Char had a reason. Everybody else just wants to be Char.

Episode 4.

Graham gets his Custom flag, and got two wingman "Max" and "Kakizaki". After that Roy...I mean Graham challenge Exia again in his black custom flag. :ph34r:

Edited by Morpheus