Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

Five terrorist Gundams piloted by kids with mental problems, and now Gundams with hair. Anyone still think 00 is really going to turn out better than Wing or SEED?

Actually, four right? But that said, I don't mind psychotic Gundam pilots, as long as we have a reasonable story. Especially if the normals (people like Sergei) can come up with a way to beat the psychos. The problem with SEED and WING was that no matter what the normals did, the uber powerful always won out. If 00 changes that trend, then we have a winner.

Actually, four right? But that said, I don't mind psychotic Gundam pilots, as long as we have a reasonable story. Especially if the normals (people like Sergei) can come up with a way to beat the psychos. The problem with SEED and WING was that no matter what the normals did, the uber powerful always won out. If 00 changes that trend, then we have a winner.

Five. Hairy Gundam seems to have it's own model number and counts as a separate unit from Virtue.

The problem with 00 isn't that it does or doesn't have the uber Gundams always winning out. The problem with 00 is that, IMHO, people are gushing over its "originality" just because instead of Earth vs. Colonies, it's real-world countries glommed into generic factions vs. other real countries glommed into generic factions. Nevermind the fact that 00 has pretty much take every other Gundam cliche and run with it, and dare I say it, the mechanical designs range from vaguely SEED-ish to crap. A winner? 00 is WORSE so far than SEED or Wing, and while it's kind of early to say so, I don't see the writers doing anything to change that any time soon.

The real problem I'm having with 00 is that there are so many characters... so many characters that seem to do nothing. I get that they're there to show the effects of the CB's action in different societies/subcultures.... but I just don't care about them. Seed did the same thing, but I thought they handled it much better by consolidating some of the characters. 00 just has way too many unitask characters.

You guys are just being old guys complaining in rocking chairs about how it doesn't compare to the olde days. I think Gundam 00 is pretty cool for a show and I don't have to compare it with a 1981 show that I found uber cheesy anyway. ;) But shrug....with SEED, my expectations are way low.

I liked ep 11. A big win for CB.

Who else is guessing Nadleeh can join with a bigger weapon's platform ala GP-03? And Tiera's golden eyes and that place where he floats seems to suggest a direct interface with machines ?

wolfx, perhaps tieria is a robot. that's why he doesn't have a gender. :ph34r:

honestly i thought ep 11 was nothing special. besides alleluyah coming to terms with his past, not much happens in the form of advancing the plot. and you can't make the excuse of "it's too early in the series" anymore as the first season is almost half finished. but i do agree with you on comparing this with older shows, i'm not much of a gundam fan and to be honest the older series didn't do much for me at all.

I finally got around to watching episode 10 last night and I'm glad I did because if I hadn't I think I probably would have given up on it here out of boredom.

But 10 was much better, so awesome to see a "hero" Gundam pilot with such a severe case of Jekyl & Hyde and I liked seeing Tieria's little "I've failed the plan!" breakdown after being such a smary git to just about all the other pilots.

Going to be getting 11 tonight then and carrying on with this after all.

I'm guessing that those three are destined for Graham Acre and his anti-Gundam investigation team.

Looks like the Union figures out some 'Gundam-stuff' and mods the hell out their Flags.

I'm guessing that those three are destined for Graham Acre and his anti-Gundam investigation team.

Looks like the Union figures out some 'Gundam-stuff' and mods the hell out their Flags.

And now we have names:

Gundam Throne Eins, Gundam Throne Zwei, and Gundam Throne Drei.

. Still not sure who they belong to though.